• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • QuickPwn RC3 Release


    Update 8/26: Release of QuickPwn RC3. This fixes 64Bit Windows issues and some other bugs. New download links below.... enjoy

    Quickpwn gets a new update today as well. You will have to delete the old version and download the new one from the dev team's website.

    "Also released today is the ‘150’ beta update to the Windows QuickPwn application, this contains a revised GUI from Poorlad that has tighter integration into the the main updated QuickPwn executable and provides fixes for YouTube and provides BootNeuter support for the unlock of 2G iPhones, remember this is still beta software, use at your own risk." - blog.iphone-dev.org

    You can download the new version of the Windows QuickPwn RC3 here

    MMi Member Mirror
    file updated

    Need Firmware? Click me

    [via iphone-dev]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: QuickPwn RC3 Release started by Poseidon79 View original post
    Comments 87 Comments
    1. joejoeiphone1's Avatar
      joejoeiphone1 -
      hey all --

      anyone find a solution to the crash problem yet? Really great looking program.. first time I'm using is.

      I extracted the zip

      then extracted the exe.. browse for the ipsw.. it likes it.. gives me the options for cydia/installer and boot.. I just select cydia and installer.. and click next.. and it crashes every time.. using RC3.

      I'm on a 3G iPhone. Has anyone gone past this step with Vista 64?

      thanks!!

      j

      NEVERMIND!!

      Update: Worked great. For those of you running into the crash issue with Vista 64.. you may have done what I did. I had the 2G FW .. got the correct FW.. and worked like a charm.


      j
    1. skj8100's Avatar
      skj8100 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gytheran View Post
      Sorry guys, QuickPwn Blows.

      I will be waiting for WinPwn or the new jailbreaker coming out. If QuickPwn is going to be their primary focus for updates, I'll be going to the other software. This is very buggy and does not allow you to customize boot screens... hell I can't get the damn thing to jailbreak 2.0.2 FW. I keep having to revert back to JB 2.0.1(Which is a total PITA to do).

      Sorry, not impressed.

      Edit: I finally got the older version of this to JB 2.0.2. Come to find out, after using this my custom(cydia downloaded) apps weren't showing icons on the springboard. By downloading a free app from the app store, this was resolved and the icons appeared. The new one, however, still does not work and you can't change the boot screens to what you want.
      see it just goes to show it's different for everyone. When I used winpsn for 2.0.1 I had nothing but buggy problems from he'll with all sorts of stuff. With quicklwn and 2.0.2 everything has been wonderful. True you can't change the boot sc teen but who really cares? I know I don't. But to each his/her own.

      Quote Originally Posted by gytheran View Post
      Sorry guys, QuickPwn Blows.

      I will be waiting for WinPwn or the new jailbreaker coming out. If QuickPwn is going to be their primary focus for updates, I'll be going to the other software. This is very buggy and does not allow you to customize boot screens... hell I can't get the damn thing to jailbreak 2.0.2 FW. I keep having to revert back to JB 2.0.1(Which is a total PITA to do).

      Sorry, not impressed.

      Edit: I finally got the older version of this to JB 2.0.2. Come to find out, after using this my custom(cydia downloaded) apps weren't showing icons on the springboard. By downloading a free app from the app store, this was resolved and the icons appeared. The new one, however, still does not work and you can't change the boot screens to what you want.
      see it just goes to show it's different for everyone. When I used winpwn for 2.0.1 I had nothing but buggy problems from hell with all sorts of stuff. With quickpwn and 2.0.2 everything has been wonderful. True you can't change the boot screen but who really cares? I know I don't. But to each his/her own.
    1. andybond's Avatar
      andybond -
      Wow. This tool is fantastic.

      I got mine to work on the following PC :

      Windows Vista SP1 Business Edition
      iTunes 7.7.1.11

      My iPhone was winwpn' and on s/w version 2.0.1

      I plugged the phone into itunes.
      I upgraded to 2.0.2

      I left the phone reboot.

      I then downloaded the latest ( as time of posting ) quickpwn and followed onscreen instructions

      Very simple , very easy.

      Now running a 2.0.2 jailbroken , activated , installer , and cydia equipped iPhone.

      Note : You need to manually upgrade to 2.0.2 in itunes before running quickpwn - otherwise it gets stuck at the "pineapple" stage.

      HTH.
    1. OneRing2Rule's Avatar
      OneRing2Rule -
      Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
      see it just goes to show it's different for everyone. When I used winpsn for 2.0.1 I had nothing but buggy problems from he'll with all sorts of stuff. With quicklwn and 2.0.2 everything has been wonderful. True you can't change the boot sc teen but who really cares? I know I don't. But to each his/her own.
      Actually you can change the boot screen with Quickpwn! Download the quickpwnRC3.exe file, and right click it. Extract the files from the exe. Go into the Data folder and replace the logo.jpg and recovery.jpg with items of your choice.

      I just re-jailbroke mine to double check and it was easier than ever.


      I used these (shamelessly lifted from others....)

      OneRing2Rule
    1. stevenbrown8's Avatar
      stevenbrown8 -
      I have no music after quickpwning using RC3 but in iTunes it says I have 4 gb of music? Is there a chmod fix or something? Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    1. DTRocker's Avatar
      DTRocker -
      Quote Originally Posted by kthunder7 View Post
      I get to the very end where I hold the home button for 30 seconds. but when I do it counts down to 21 and then starts doing all of its work. But it gets hung. The progress bar is full but nothing is happening. I let it sit there for a while but still nothing. Help!
      once you get to that last long countdown...its what 30 sec? it got to 19 for me and stopped the countdown, as long as your computer recognizes your ipod in dfu mode when the countdown ends your all good just let go once u see those two things and itll do its magic and no more buttons from there out till its done JBing. Least thats what I did...anyone back me up?
    1. bredfan's Avatar
      bredfan -
      Any reason to run this if I already have a successfully JB'd 2G 2.0.2 using the original QuickPwn?
    1. OneRing2Rule's Avatar
      OneRing2Rule -
      No. Unless you want to change the boot or recovery logos. :-)

      (Man, I hate automerges)
    1. Andygator's Avatar
      Andygator -
      Can anyone please help me with this issue: After pwnage, when itunes starts back up & I try to restore using "option restore" itunes doesn't give me the option to select firmware. Itunes will only let me restore and update,no other options.But I already updated thru itunes before I pwned. I've used pwnage many times before & never had this issue.
    1. artjr's Avatar
      artjr -
      Is there a Quickpwn guide? I have the 1gen iphone v2.0.1 and I used Winpwn. I want 2.0.2 and wanted to try Quickpwn, but not sure how to go about doing it? Where can I get Apple's restore firmware, which I am thinking I will need? I think I would need Apple's version 2.0.2 to use with Quickpwn? Any help I would appreciate!

      Art
    1. monroe0605's Avatar
      monroe0605 -
      Quote Originally Posted by OneRing2Rule View Post
      Actually you can change the boot screen with Quickpwn! Download the quickpwnRC3.exe file, and right click it. Extract the files from the exe. Go into the Data folder and replace the logo.jpg and recovery.jpg with items of your choice.

      I just re-jailbroke mine to double check and it was easier than ever.


      I used these (shamelessly lifted from others....)

      OneRing2Rule
      i try to right click and extract the exe. file but it wont give me that option to, i can only extract the actual exe. file to desktop but i cannot open it to change boot logo.
    1. PJAVIERGR's Avatar
      PJAVIERGR -
      i try to proved,
    1. FTBoomer's Avatar
      FTBoomer -
      Quote Originally Posted by artjr View Post
      Is there a Quickpwn guide? I have the 1gen iphone v2.0.1 and I used Winpwn. I want 2.0.2 and wanted to try Quickpwn, but not sure how to go about doing it? Where can I get Apple's restore firmware, which I am thinking I will need? I think I would need Apple's version 2.0.2 to use with Quickpwn? Any help I would appreciate!

      Art
      Quick Pwn GUI Guide - iPhone News & Review
    1. ronfin44's Avatar
      ronfin44 -
      The following steps work, just did it on a brand new 3G iPhone. PLEASE follow the directions people, and that means attention to detail!

      1. Extract the zip file to get the QuickPwn.exe and Readme.txt file.
      2. Right click the QuickPwn.exe file and extract to get QuickPwn.exe and some dll files.
      3. Copy the FW file (2.0.2 in my case) in the folder where u extracted the QuickPwn.exe and the dll files.
      4. Now try executing QuickPwn.exe

      ***NOTE*** For step 3 make sure you have the right FW!!! If you put the 2.0.2 for the 2G phone it will still crash! If you use the CORRECT FW it wont.***

      That tiny detail is what screws a lot of people up.
    1. imode's Avatar
      imode -
      Quote Originally Posted by stevenbrown8 View Post
      I have no music after quickpwning using RC3 but in iTunes it says I have 4 gb of music? Is there a chmod fix or something? Anyone else experiencing this problem?
      This might be a stretch but is "Sync music" ticked in the "Music" tab? There may be a disconnect between what iTunes think is on your phone and forcing a sync may fix it. Could also try a restore from backup.
    1. PJAVIERGR's Avatar
      PJAVIERGR -
      ATTERNTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW

      ATTENTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW

      ATTENTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW
    1. Muggz5's Avatar
      Muggz5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by PJAVIERGR View Post
      ATTERNTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW

      ATTENTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW

      ATTENTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW


      Didnt catch that the first time, glad you posted 3 times I might have missed it. Glad you found it, since its been around for a while now
    1. OneRing2Rule's Avatar
      OneRing2Rule -
      Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
      Didnt catch that the first time, glad you posted 3 times I might have missed it. Glad you found it, since its been around for a while now

      *snerk* LOL.
    1. dan the man's Avatar
      dan the man -
      i got the software but keep getting a debugger error any one help cuz i upgraded to 2.0.2 but carn,t jailbreak and unlock again so my phone is out of action which is a bugger,pardon the pun.

      any help would be sorted,thx
    1. iLex3000's Avatar
      iLex3000 -
      Anyone having issues, after installing QuickPWN, loading iPhone into a MAC?
      It will not read my iPhone in MAC anymore!

      Also, I can't restore my iPhone from a MAC either I have to restore from my PC!