• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • PwnageTool, redsn0w, & ultrasn0w Updated for 4.3.3 Untethered


    I received a tweet in my Twitter inbox around 2:15 AM PST from @iphone_dev and @ultrasn0w saying that PwnageTool, redsn0w, and ultrasn0w are updated to support 4.3.3 untethered.

    The original exploit, found by @i0nic, was not patched when Apple released 4.3.3. However, there were some kernel crashes and other related issues that kept these above programs from rendering an untethered jailbreak. The team has finally fixed it and now it's hit the mainstream. All iDevices are supported with the exception of the iPad 2. For downloading the respective software, refer to the Dev-Team Blog and the following download links:

    redsn0w for OSX
    redsn0w for Windows
    PwnageTool - Torrent

    ultrasn0w can be found on Cydia. If you don't have the repository added (or accidentally deleted it), the repository is: repo666.ultrasn0w.com

    redsn0w for Mac OSX can be confirmed as working for my device: iPhone 4 GSM 32 GB v4.3.3

    ***UPDATE*** sn0wbreeze has been updated to support 4.3.3 untethered along with 4.2.8 on Verizon as well.

    sn0wbreeze



    Source(s) Dev-Team Blog, @iphone_dev, @ultrasn0w, iH8sn0w
    This article was originally published in forum thread: PwnageTool, redsn0w, & ultrasn0w Updated for 4.3.3 Untethered started by Joshua Tucker View original post
    Comments 244 Comments
    1. Joshua Tucker's Avatar
      Joshua Tucker -
      Quote Originally Posted by Joerivera88 View Post
      When when updating to 4.3.3 from 4.0 with an already jailbroken iPhone do I need to update from iTunes first or update with the ipsw? I was trying to do it with 4.3.2 the other night and was unsuccessful. I did all the steps of holding the power and home button but after completing everything it would reboot like it said but to the exact same thing I had.
      Depends on what you're using. If you're using redsn0w, update using iTunes, open redsn0w and follow the prompts. It asks you to find the .ipsw file that you used to update, which in this case, will be somewhere in your iTunes folder.
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      Though I do not need it now, but I would like an update on the ultrasn0w unlock to baseband 02.10.04
      Been waiting since I bought the iPhone4 it came with 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04
    1. Italia411's Avatar
      Italia411 -
      I don't think the dev team will ever unlock 03.10.01, that's why I'm trying to trade my 32gb iphone 4 for a factory unlocked 16gb. Btw what ever happened to the brute force method?
    1. smuj29's Avatar
      smuj29 -
      massive thank you guys......and girls!!!!!
    1. IB1GMANI's Avatar
      IB1GMANI -
      Yea they are rolling I'm just waiting on 4.2.8 untheter
    1. Joshua Tucker's Avatar
      Joshua Tucker -
      Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
      ***UPDATE*** sn0wbreeze has been updated to support 4.3.3 untethered along with 4.2.8 untethered on Verizon as well.
      Merry Christmas my friend . The link for the Verizon and sn0breeze was at the very bottom of the post right above my Cydia screenshot.
    1. hacktarded1's Avatar
      hacktarded1 -
      Anyone try jailbreaking an ipod touch 4th gen yet? I'm having issues. I updated it through iTunes as normal, then launched Redsnow, browsed to firmware located in itunes file, all normal, booted into DFU mode as per the redsnow instructions, jailbreak started, limera1n started, got to "uploading ramdisk" and has now been hanging on that for almost 15 minutes! On the idevice I see a picture of a harddrive and a note saying "Downloading Jailbreak Data....."

      Any thoughts?!?! This devide has never been jailbroken, but I have personally jailbroken every iphone version that's ever existed over the last 4+n years. It has NEVER taken this long so I know this isn't right, but don't want to stop it unless I know it's okay to do as this is a friends ipod. HELP!!! Thanks!

      **update** okay wierd, the ipod just booted up normally, not jailbroken and the redsnow status stayed on "uploading ramdisk" any thoughts?
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      Quote Originally Posted by hacktarded1 View Post
      Anyone try jailbreaking an ipod touch 4th gen yet? I'm having issues. I updated it through iTunes as normal, then launched Redsnow, browsed to firmware located in itunes file, all normal, booted into DFU mode as per the redsnow instructions, jailbreak started, limera1n started, got to "uploading ramdisk" and has now been hanging on that for almost 15 minutes! On the idevice I see a picture of a harddrive and a note saying "Downloading Jailbreak Data....."

      Any thoughts?!?! This devide has never been jailbroken, but I have personally jailbroken every iphone version that's ever existed over the last 4+n years. It has NEVER taken this long so I know this isn't right, but don't want to stop it unless I know it's okay to do as this is a friends ipod. HELP!!! Thanks!

      **update** okay wierd, the ipod just booted up normally, not jailbroken and the redsnow status stayed on "uploading ramdisk" any thoughts?
      I've had something similar happen (I can't remember with which Jailbreak program). I believe I had to go through the entire process again, and then it worked.

      Also, have you tried rebooting? Maybe then the Cydia icon will show up.
    1. b46424's Avatar
      b46424 -
      Stuck on "uploading ramdisk" for the last half hour...I'm thinking it's not going to work
    1. hacktarded1's Avatar
      hacktarded1 -
      I tried doing it all over again and got the same issue. Hung on uploading ramdisk for a while then the ipod just rebooted on it's own. No Cydia anywhere. I think it's an error with the Redsnow program. I'm sure the Dev Team will fix it. I sent them a message via twitter about it.
    1. theconejo's Avatar
      theconejo -
      Any word on redsn0w with 4.2.8 verizon phones? I thinking no because the last one(4.2.7) had a pushfix addition.... Will wait and see.

      Was going to jb a friends verizon phone a few days before I heard about the update.

      I'll be checking back.

      And nice first news post(?)
      I'll
    1. hacktarded1's Avatar
      hacktarded1 -
      To fix the hanging on "uploading ramdisk" issue for Windows 7 users Follow these insturctions. Worked for me and fixed the isses I was having.

      WIN 7 CPU AFFINITY = 1

      right click on redsn0w.exe and run as admin......(no need for xp compatability mode)

      start redsn0w.exe. do nothing else for now.

      then hit alt+ctrl+del to bring up task manager

      choose the Processes tab

      locate Redsn0w.exe and right click

      in the drop down menu go to

      set affinity

      check box next to CPU1 only uncheck all other boxes

      use redsn0w as usual
    1. iphonerookie's Avatar
      iphonerookie -
      So if I update from 4.1 to 4.3.3 and upgrade my baseband to the newest, will ultrasnow unlock it? Im currently on the 4.0 firmware's baseband.

      Can i (and how) update to 4.3.3 without updating my 1.59.00 baseband from 4.0?
    1. Kupe's Avatar
      Kupe -
      Quote Originally Posted by tjb5099 View Post
      I see no point in even bothering to upgrade, its too much work to re-do all my cydia packages...
      Absolutely get PKGbackup. It totally takes the hassle out of restoring your JB apps and settings after an update. It rocks!

      Kupe
    1. bobright's Avatar
      bobright -
      What is exactly changed/addressed in 4.3.3? Anybody got release notes?
    1. darkknight75's Avatar
      darkknight75 -
      thats awesome devteam rocks!!!! does anyone know if we r ever gettn boot animations again i lost it when i had to update my i4 to 4.3.2 when it fuckd up.
    1. Tario70's Avatar
      Tario70 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
      So if I update from 4.1 to 4.3.3 and upgrade my baseband to the newest, will ultrasnow unlock it? Im currently on the 4.0 firmware's baseband.

      Can i (and how) update to 4.3.3 without updating my 1.59.00 baseband from 4.0?
      Do NOT, I repeat NOT use redsn0w. You will update your baseband & lose your unlock.

      If you can, find someone with a Mac to create a PwnageTool custom 4.3.3. firmware for you (or create yourself a Mac in a virtual machine), then use redsn0w to boot in to pwned DFU mode & install that custom firmware. Using PT is the only way to not update your baseband (though for an iPhone 4, you can use Tiny Umbrella to preserve baseband as well).

      ~Tario70
    1. iFrosty's Avatar
      iFrosty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
      I agree in some fashion, however, it hardly takes anytime, at least on my end. Not to mention it's always best in my mind to be updated as high as you can so you can keep on top of the game and be able have all capabilities available to you.
      This is true in some cases. In this case there really isn't much NEED to update. What does iOS 4.3.3 bring?
      *Checks online*

      *Sighs*

      Nothing that cydia cant fix.



      Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
      So if I update from 4.1 to 4.3.3 and upgrade my baseband to the newest, will ultrasnow unlock it? Im currently on the 4.0 firmware's baseband.

      Can i (and how) update to 4.3.3 without updating my 1.59.00 baseband from 4.0?
      PwnageTool?
      Sn0wbreeze?
    1. gthefella's Avatar
      gthefella -
      the windows one stops working once it gets to " loading ramdisk ". it just freezes there. Anyone having the same problem on their PC? Let me know how to fix this.
    1. iFrosty's Avatar
      iFrosty -
      Quote Originally Posted by gthefella View Post
      the windows one stops working once it gets to " loading ramdisk ". it just freezes there. Anyone having the same problem on their PC? Let me know how to fix this.
      Did you put (im assuming) redsn0w in compatibility mode if you are on win 7 or vista?

      Also try rebooting the pc if you did do that first step