• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Now Accepting Mac App Store Submissions



    Very quietly this week Apple started accepting app submissions to the forthcoming Mac App Store. Last month, at Apple's "Back to Mac" event, Steve Jobs unveiled the new Mac-based app store as a shining example of the Mac OS X Lion's new bells and whistles. Snow Leopard users, however, were also told they would get the app store, which would launch within 90 days.

    The process of building the Mac App Store's content has begun, as developers are now able to serve up their creations to embellish the offerings of the Mac App Store's upcoming debut. Comparable to the iOS App developer program, the Mac App developer program is $99 per year. As expected, the new Mac App Store will be a standalone app, analogous to the look and feel of iTunes. It will enable users to download and install apps (free or for purchase) with "just one click."

    In late October, Apple released the Review Guidelines for the new Mac App Store, as Paul reported following their publication. Very similar to guidelines for iOS App Store submissions, agreed Paul, the policy seems to be "intended to head off complaints" about the criteria for inclusion on the Mac App Store. Apple will only say that the published guidelines are "to ensure that apps are reliable, perform as advertised, and free of offensive material."

    For more info, check out the Mac Developer Program.

    Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Now Accepting Mac App Store Submissions started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 20 Comments
    1. Cowboy's Avatar
      Cowboy -
      This is exciting I can't wait to have apps on my Mac. Hopefully this means better/ more awesome utilities
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Hmm wonder if any decent Mac apps will be available...
    1. cookbenj's Avatar
      cookbenj -
      cydia for mac? maybe? haha
    1. Cowboy's Avatar
      Cowboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
      cydia for mac? maybe? haha
      That would be a cool jailbreak
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      The Mac is not a closed system so what exactly needs to be jailbroken?! You can still buy and install apps from places other than the Mac App Store.
    1. Cowboy's Avatar
      Cowboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      The Mac is not a closed system so what exactly needs to be jailbroken?! You can still buy and install apps from places other than the Mac App Store.
      True but still would be fun to say. But I see your point there would be no real reason
    1. zoso10's Avatar
      zoso10 -
      I just hope people don't submit useless stuff like flashlight apps or fart apps. That's just what I need for my Mac is a one button application that makes flatulence sounds....
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      The only thing I want outta all this is for more games to be made for Mac, so hopefully Apple will beef up the graphics cards in Macs and stop putting graphics hardware that is old and outdated in their consumer level Macs.
      Oh and no Cider ports please, native games only.
    1. Mrteacup's Avatar
      Mrteacup -
      With the new Mac AppStore we're going to jailbreak and there's going to be tons of software updates on the Mac *sigh
    1. Mrteacup's Avatar
      Mrteacup -
      Also apps like warcraft (ya I'm sort of a geek) will probably be available on the AppStore which ********** would be helpful
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
      True but still would be fun to say. But I see your point there would be no real reason
      You can't jailbreak a mac. It's not closed and the only reason you'd want crappy Cydia on Mac is for piracy
    1. BenderRodriguez's Avatar
      BenderRodriguez -
      Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
      You can't jailbreak a mac. It's not closed and the only reason you'd want crappy Cydia on Mac is for piracy
      True and thus it will eventually appear because Apple sucks and doesn't have a trial of apps
    1. l0k0's Avatar
      l0k0 -
      I just wonder what APP is going to be the first app that Apple pulls from the mac store. Because they feel it violated the rules and regulations. Let me guess, the first person that tries to submit anything to do with .EXE haha
    1. TheRealTylerRau's Avatar
      TheRealTylerRau -
      Sounds very interesting
    1. muttstuffle's Avatar
      muttstuffle -
      let's hope they don't do to the Mac what they did to the iPod
    1. BenderRodriguez's Avatar
      BenderRodriguez -
      Quote Originally Posted by muttstuffle View Post
      let's hope they don't do to the Mac what they did to the iPod
      Well they are, SUCK, have ou seem the new OS?
    1. athleticswimmer's Avatar
      athleticswimmer -
      Quote Originally Posted by muttstuffle View Post
      let's hope they don't do to the Mac what they did to the iPod
      Wow I wish I would have posted my first comment as you did! ^^^ couldnt agree More!!
    1. aj8600's Avatar
      aj8600 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
      cydia for mac? maybe? haha
      i said the same thing! i made a dicusson thread, and all i got was a "facepalm.jpg" but uh... haters gonna hate.
    1. muttstuffle's Avatar
      muttstuffle -
      Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
      Well they are, SUCK, have ou seem the new OS?
      I meant will they add the same restrictions that they placed on the iPod
    1. BenderRodriguez's Avatar
      BenderRodriguez -
      Quote Originally Posted by muttstuffle View Post
      I meant will they add the same restrictions that they placed on the iPod
      Go watch the Keynote on Apple.com it's in there idk when