• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE


    iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 have just been released! For your own good, DO NOT UPDATE!!! if you require jailbreak or unlock!

    It looks like reports are coming in that this is actually the 4.1 Beta we saw last night... not sure why it would roll out so quick, but I'm not buying it just yet. The baseband isn't even updated, so it can't be entirely 4.1b.

    BACKUP YOUR SHSH BLOBS!!!!!!!!

    Comex has confirmed there is NO baseband update in 4.0.1. You can update if you wish, but really there is no point unless you have an iPhone 4 and want these new "bigger bars". Either way, just don't do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by comex
    Apparently there is no baseband update for some reason, so feel free to update to 4.0.1 if you're on 4.0
    Planetbeing also recommends staying away, but if you missed your SHSH blob backup, you can do so on 4.0.1, as there is no baseband update.

    Quote Originally Posted by planetbeing
    Still encourage you not to update to 4.0.1 however, but if you missed getting a 4.0 SHSH, you can get ones for 4.0.1.


    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 526 Comments
    1. futeki's Avatar
      futeki -
      Got to hand it to apple, they played a blinder here in the cat and mouse game with jailbreaks...

      Knowing that exploit finders philosophy is to not release anything if there is an apparant impending update, they release a version called 4.1 to developers, and the following day release 4.01 to the public - creating the perception that there is another version on its way, preventing any exploit release.

      Clever!
    1. Wolftamer's Avatar
      Wolftamer -
      LOL, on 4.0 I had no death grip issues with my phone. (Week 27 phone.)

      After the update....Death grip issue. ><
    1. j.eck.art.3d's Avatar
      j.eck.art.3d -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      Apple stopped signing 4.0 already!!! Hope you guys got your SHSHs on file!
      whoa... that was FAST! Backed 'em up last night.
    1. seh6183's Avatar
      seh6183 -
      Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
      No one should update until we hear some thing from the dev-team,You can calm down too dude lol.


      Hey good job, you pulled that from page 4. Get with the program, there has been a lot of new info since them.
    1. Cyruss1989's Avatar
      Cyruss1989 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
      Would it be best to update and save the blobs before anothe update? Not updating till y'all day so
      If you have the 4.0 Blobs you can most definitely update. Baseband didn't change atleast on 3Gs and 4G.

      4.0.1 Blobs can be saved anyway on 4.0.1 or not.
    1. Wolftamer's Avatar
      Wolftamer -
      Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
      Cool story. Like I said 3 times earlier, the baseband was NOT updated with this patch. So just stop talking.



      And it looks like the devs may have been sipping coffee and playing angry birds because they obviously didnt have time to re-write the baseband this time around. 1 being that it has been like 3 weeks since the iphone 4 was released and 2, well because they don't know what to patch. Its like finding a needle in a haystack. You would know this if you're IQ was above 70.
      So the new baseband in the 4.1 Beta...just the same thing with a new number I suppose...right?

      Jesus you are stupid.

      Here: iOS 4.1 Beta Now Available To Developers
    1. sandstorm77's Avatar
      sandstorm77 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
      Hmmmm!!! I can almost smell a new jailbreak!! I really hope this endless wait will end soon!
      I think you are just smelling RPGPROMaster
    1. mj0528's Avatar
      mj0528 -
      So the JB might be held off until another update?
    1. kuhndsn's Avatar
      kuhndsn -
      This is not the same update as I got and tested last night. 4.1 has the new baseband. As far as the interface the graphics are the same.
    1. seh6183's Avatar
      seh6183 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
      So the new baseband in the 4.1 Beta...just the same thing with a new number I suppose...right?

      Jesus you are stupid.



      The baseband in 4.0.1 has not been updated. Stop getting all of your information from wikipedia and you will look half as retarded.
    1. Hyperextension's Avatar
      Hyperextension -
      Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
      You would know this if you're IQ was above 70.
      And you would know that "you're" is not proper here if YOUR IQ was above 40.
    1. KartRacer's Avatar
      KartRacer -
      EVERYONE should have gotten their SHSH backed up with TinyUmbrella. If you didn't and came here to post "should I do it, can I downgrade, is this only for unlock?!??!?!??!!", you are retarded or can't follow simple instructions. If you can't read and comprehend the words 'GO DO IT NOW' you deserve to be locked out. If you don't have them by now, and you can't get them, then too bad. Stop asking stupid questions about what happens if you don't have them or what will happen if you don't have them. If you can't get them now, you're screwed as far as downgrading goes and maybe next time you'll listen to what you're told ON THE SAME WEBSITE YOU WERE TOLD TO GO TO TO GET YOUR SHSHs backed up. It's written in plain English why you should and what happens if you don't. Use Google or search threads here and quit posting the same dumbass questions over and over. If you're old enough to be past the 5th grade you have ZERO excuses for why you didn't get these and what happens if you don't. Not to mention if you're smart enough to find out how to jailbreak, what it does for you, then you should be smart enough to search for answers to your questions instead of asking or rephrasing the same questions over and over again.
    1. Cyruss1989's Avatar
      Cyruss1989 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
      LOL, on 4.0 I had no death grip issues with my phone. (Week 27 phone.)

      After the update....Death grip issue. ><
      Could bet this is placebo effect! No offense but I really would bet on this!
    1. tamaysz's Avatar
      tamaysz -
      I backed up my 3.1.3 blob last night to make sure I have multiple copies, then I upgraded to 4.0 and saved my 4.0 blob before I downgraded back to 3.1.3. Looks like I did it just in time. I figured I might as well do that since my phone has been a bit goofy lately, and I wanted to do a restore to get a clean start.
    1. EddieLeonard's Avatar
      EddieLeonard -
      Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
      Cool story. Like I said 3 times earlier, the baseband was NOT updated with this patch. So just stop talking.



      And it looks like the devs may have been sipping coffee and playing angry birds because they obviously didnt have time to re-write the baseband this time around. 1 being that it has been like 3 weeks since the iphone 4 was released and 2, well because they don't know what to patch. Its like finding a needle in a haystack. You would know this if you're IQ was above 70.
      crap my IQ is 69 :/
    1. sandstorm77's Avatar
      sandstorm77 -
      Why the hell did they update the ipad? I have no "Death Grip" issue?
    1. exNavy's Avatar
      exNavy -
      Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
      Would it be best to update and save the blobs before anothe update? Not updating till y'all day so
      Semaphore says he's working on a new version of tinyumbrella that'll work with 4.0.1 so hang tight. You could still download the blob for 4.0.1 while you are on 4.0.
    1. seh6183's Avatar
      seh6183 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
      And you would know that "you're" is not proper here if YOUR IQ was above 40.



      Bravo! You got me on a tiny grammar error. My IQ must be below 40 because I misplaced an apostrophe
    1. Wolftamer's Avatar
      Wolftamer -
      Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
      The baseband in 4.0.1 has not been updated. Stop getting all of your information from wikipedia and you will look half as retarded.
      4.0.1 ≠ 4.1 Beta

      I realize this is hard for you to understand...
    1. KartRacer's Avatar
      KartRacer -
      Quote Originally Posted by futeki View Post
      Got to hand it to apple, they played a blinder here in the cat and mouse game with jailbreaks...

      Knowing that exploit finders philosophy is to not release anything if there is an apparant impending update, they release a version called 4.1 to developers, and the following day release 4.01 to the public - creating the perception that there is another version on its way, preventing any exploit release.

      Clever!
      Actually, no they didn't. There have been rumors flying around for a couple of days this would drop today. They didn't spring this update on anyone, it was expected by alot of people. Nice try though.