• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE


    iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 have just been released! For your own good, DO NOT UPDATE!!! if you require jailbreak or unlock!

    It looks like reports are coming in that this is actually the 4.1 Beta we saw last night... not sure why it would roll out so quick, but I'm not buying it just yet. The baseband isn't even updated, so it can't be entirely 4.1b.

    BACKUP YOUR SHSH BLOBS!!!!!!!!

    Comex has confirmed there is NO baseband update in 4.0.1. You can update if you wish, but really there is no point unless you have an iPhone 4 and want these new "bigger bars". Either way, just don't do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by comex
    Apparently there is no baseband update for some reason, so feel free to update to 4.0.1 if you're on 4.0
    Planetbeing also recommends staying away, but if you missed your SHSH blob backup, you can do so on 4.0.1, as there is no baseband update.

    Quote Originally Posted by planetbeing
    Still encourage you not to update to 4.0.1 however, but if you missed getting a 4.0 SHSH, you can get ones for 4.0.1.


    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 526 Comments
    1. Jaxxster's Avatar
      Jaxxster -
      I wonder if this is just jailbreak bait until 4.1 drops? Maybe they believe they've patched the jailbreak exploit so they release this too see if it can be jailbroken? If it can they know they're not on the right track and to try again. Also makes sense to why they haven't updated the baseband, no jailbreak no unlock. No point changing the baseband now if they are going to release a 4.1 soon?

      Just pure speculation
    1. thecramps's Avatar
      thecramps -
      There is a jailbreak for iPhone 3G (3G only!) that updates to iPhone iOS 4.0.1 software, here's the link

      Jailbreak iPhone 4.0.1 iOS with Redsn0w [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

      thanks if i HELPZ!
    1. one_crazy_dude's Avatar
      one_crazy_dude -
      got my shsh just now and went well just took long to go through cydia
    1. Wolftamer's Avatar
      Wolftamer -
      It's probably OK to update, but since the only known thing in this update so far is just the signal bars, there is no reason to do so as of yet. If a jailbreak comes out before 4.1 release, I would expect it to be useable with today's update, but we can't be sure so best to be safe and not do it.



      tl;dr - don't do it, not worth it
    1. itsmejdn's Avatar
      itsmejdn -
      updated to 4.0.1 on i4...same death grip issue..smaller fatter signal bars..lol.
    1. pirarre's Avatar
      pirarre -
      Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
      See what I mean? The TITLE of this damn news report says plainly DO NOT UPDATE. GO BACK AND READ.
      Dude, woman or whatever you may be...calm the heck down! It's a simple question. If you don't want to answer it like an adult, just over look the question. If you want to answer it like a kid then go to the Nickelodeon website.

      You must have grown up and never had to ask a question in your life! How pathetic!


      Now you got OWNED and FLAMED

      Holla !
    1. sandstorm77's Avatar
      sandstorm77 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ne0nlitez View Post
      what the hell is your point lol? this has nothing to do with death grip
      What are you talking about. The point of the update is to software fix the "Death Grip" issue.
    1. RaiV3R's Avatar
      RaiV3R -
      Damn that was quick! Luckily I got mine when 4.00.50 was released about two weeks ago.

      Apple is stepping up their game apparently, well not for long anyways!
    1. simes6600's Avatar
      simes6600 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
      What are you talking about. The point of the update is to software fix the "Death Grip" issue.
      you are kidding ... aren't you...?!
    1. tekwiz's Avatar
      tekwiz -
      Sure hope they fixed the MMS picture bug they introduced with the beta yesterday before rolling this out.
    1. KartRacer's Avatar
      KartRacer -
      Quote Originally Posted by pirarre View Post
      Dude, woman or whatever you may be...calm the heck down! It's a simple question. If you don't want to answer it like an adult, just over look the question. If you want to answer it like a kid then go to the Nickelodeon website.

      You must have grown up and never had to ask a question in your life! How pathetic!


      Now you got OWNED and FLAMED

      Holla !
      It's not a simple question, it's a stupid question among hundreds of other stupid questions. It says in the TITLE what to do. READ THE TITLE. I didn't get 'owned' or 'flamed'. If you don't want read the first sentence of this news story because you're to lazy to, you're the problem not me. Stop asking stupid questions that are easily answered, we have way too many people asking retarded questions on this website. I had to grow up asking questions, but I didn't grow up stupid and not even ATTEMPT to find out the answer like you and many others like you. Seriously, read the description of the story you posted a stupid question about, it's answered in the first 15 words.
    1. sandstorm77's Avatar
      sandstorm77 -
      Quote Originally Posted by simes6600 View Post
      you are kidding ... aren't you...?!
      Why would i be kidding you!

      Why else would Apple release an update. Its not because they are trying to keep us from jailbreaking. This is evident by the fact that the baseband did not get updated. If you actually read through the posts you would have seen that.

      There are no other reasons why they would release this update other than to keep us from Jailbreaking or fix their F-up on the lost signals.
    1. tekwiz's Avatar
      tekwiz -
      "Originally Posted by futeki
      Ok fair enough, I didn't realise it was already known that there would be a 4.1 version and a small 4.01 update. Even so, doesn't the release of 4.1 to developers indicate there is another version very close? Do you see what I mean? All the time there is a version 'not far off' there will be no jailbreak released. Doesn't that seem like a clever play on Apple's part?"

      Nobody from the dev team said they were waiting, that was an assumption by someone who posted it to twitter and then the twidiots ran with it. Seems to happen a lot. Ask anyone who tells you that they are waiting to show you the source of the info, it's not there. It's not released because it's not done and Comex just restated that it's not done yet today.
    1. severe's Avatar
      severe -
      Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
      You can update if you wish, but really there is no point unless you have an iPhone 4 and want these new "bigger bars". Either way, just don't do it.

      I've only skimmed a few pages here, but it seems in other forums many are reporting their proximity issues have been resolved. This certainly makes it a tempting update for me and many others.

      Thoughts?
    1. face2face's Avatar
      face2face -
      No offense to anyone....but I think the last thing on Apple's mind is a jailbreak.
    1. KartRacer's Avatar
      KartRacer -
      Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
      dude you've been on a rampage for like a week now. Do you need a hug? I know that there are uninformed questions posted ad infinitum here, but every one starts somewhere. I'm sure there was a time where you may have posted something that irratated someone else. Not because you were trying to be an ***. You just didnt know the answer...I'm just sayin we can can inform newbies without getting all bent over their inquiries (gotta say zanex is working wonders for my state of mind)
      That's true, everyone has to start somewhere. That start should be the search bar.
    1. tekwiz's Avatar
      tekwiz -
      Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
      Why would i be kidding you!

      Why else would Apple release an update. Its not because they are trying to keep us from jailbreaking. This is evident by the fact that the baseband did not get updated. If you actually read through the posts you would have seen that.

      There are no other reasons why they would release this update other than to keep us from Jailbreaking or fix their F-up on the lost signals.
      Dude, baseband updating has nothing to do with jailbreaking. Baseband is regarding UNLOCK...there's a difference between UNLOCKING and JAILBREAKING. And they most certainly ARE trying to stop the jailbreaking as the iPad update kills the Spirit jailbreak.
    1. waroftyr's Avatar
      waroftyr -
      Wow with the multitude and intellect of these questions I'm surprised no one has ask if you can put this on the iPhone 2g yet. This site is great don't let my post numbers fool you I have been on here for quite a few years now but some of these questions just fluff these forums so much that any data you really do want to read from other users you can't find, gotta love jailbreak time on mmi, every 14 year old kid has to get his really badly done YouTube video ready
    1. tekwiz's Avatar
      tekwiz -
      Quote Originally Posted by face2face View Post
      No offense to anyone....but I think the last thing on Apple's mind is a jailbreak.
      No offense, because you are just wrong. The iPad update kills the Spirit jailbreak.
    1. jds1469's Avatar
      jds1469 -
      I agree with the person on the first page. Apple is releasing some half assed update to get the jailbreak released then patching the real 4.1 to block the jailbreak