On Thursday, Mojang AB updated its very popular Minecraft - Pocket Edition game for iOS devices with what the team calls the game's 'biggest update ever.' This brings the game up to version 0.9.0.
The update adds a ton of new in-game content for players to tinker around with. You can check out the full list of new in-game features from this excerpt via the App Store's application description:
- Infinite worlds!
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new “interaction” button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
If you've never played around with Minecraft - Pocket Edition before, it's definitely something worth checking out. It feels like the real thing right in the palm of your hand. The controls are easy to use and the game plays very fluidly on most iOS devices. You can let your mind run wild as you spend hours building things that only your imagination can come up with.
Existing players of Minecraft - Pocket Edition will find this update under the Updates tab in the App Store application. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Minecraft - Pocket Edition for $6.99 from this App Store link.
Sources: App Store