• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!


    Our good friends, MuscleNerd and planetbeing, have announced that Comex's Spirit userland jailbreak has been ported to work on iOS 4 and even the iPhone 4!

    Before you go asking like crazy, I'll tell you now... There is still no release date, but rather, just great news that our next Jailbreak tool is right around the corner. The image above that you see is high-resolution, at the native iPhone 4 resolution, just a bit of extra proof that it's working. Go ahead, click the image and see it in it's full glory.

    Stay tuned folks, our next Jailbreak tool will arrive shortly.

    NOTE: This is not the bootrom exploit, but rather another userland jailbreak, which means Apple could patch it in the next update, so make sure you back up your blobs once your jailbroken.

    Tweet from MuscleNerd:

    Congrats to @comex for another userland JB Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter <Ė hi-res Cydia via @planetbeing & @chpwn iPhone4s



    Tweet from PlanetBeing:

    Think Iím the first one I know about to get a root shell (and SSH) on iPhone 4, using poor @comexís code (since he has no iPhone 4).



    on another note however,

    This article was originally published in forum thread: Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon! started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 714 Comments
    1. mj0528's Avatar
      mj0528 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
      lol comex doesnt even have the iphone 4 yet :P
      lol! Awesome! Did he forget to pre-order or pre-ordered at RS?
    1. Baz1205's Avatar
      Baz1205 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      That is news to me. I have yet to see an option to lock it on my iPhone 4.
      Double click the home button then scroll as far LEFT as you can. The lock Is there.
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Baz1205 View Post
      Double click the home button then scroll as far LEFT as you can. The lock Is there.
      haha yeah I figured it out right after I posted.
    1. z3r01's Avatar
      z3r01 -
      I haz lock on my iPhone 4....so.....u probably have a bootleg iPhone from Taiwan
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
      I haz lock on my iPhone 4....so.....u probably have a bootleg iPhone from Taiwan
      I bought mine off some homeless guy on the corner in exchange for a mcgriddle
    1. Baz1205's Avatar
      Baz1205 -
      Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
      I haz lock on my iPhone 4....so.....u probably have a bootleg iPhone from Taiwan
      I can't even find where to put the key to wind it up, or are they automatic now like watches ?
    1. aimetti's Avatar
      aimetti -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      I bought mine off some homeless guy on the corner in exchange for a mcgriddle
      ahah
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      LOL.. "We have a jailbreak... See.. look at this pic... see... look at my root shell. Oh BTW... it can't be released... sorry.
      It can't be released - yet.

      Quote Originally Posted by Buffolus View Post
      No t-mobile Internet on ios 4
      I use t-mobile internet on my phone with iOS4

      Quote Originally Posted by stfudvs View Post
      so many jailbreaks and no unlocks


      um bitting the high monthly plan bullet and going to AT&T
      There are unlocks for all BB except the iPhone 4 itself because it has only just been released and lots of people don't have one yet.
      The unlock, however, is useless without the JB which is why so much is being talked about the JB.
    1. jbou91's Avatar
      jbou91 -
      So does this mean this will work for people who have never jail broken their 3GS and that have iOS4?
    1. bts0uth's Avatar
      bts0uth -
      If it truly is a spirit port then it should jailbreak everything on ios4. Just like the original did on 3.1.3
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Its not ported, I'm not sure why that term was used. It's an entirely new exploit(s)
    1. z3r01's Avatar
      z3r01 -
      Mcgriddles apparently have more value then I thought
    1. ipod touch u's Avatar
      ipod touch u -
      great job guys, your all amazing!
    1. iPhoenix3g's Avatar
      iPhoenix3g -
      So after skimming threw the posts, can I conclude all this excitement for the for jailbreak was pointless and misguided? As it will never be released? Or is this just a ploy to stop people constantly harassing the Dev Team? I guess only time will time. Either way I hope to see a jailbreak on my new iPhone 4.

      On a side note it's great to be back! lol
    1. Varmit's Avatar
      Varmit -
      You know whats funny, It doesnt even warrant a reply to him, It doesnt matter what other people think. Opinions are just that your own. I agree you should never tell someone they are stupid, Its a moral breaker. As I can recall, Im sure there is alot of people here that has thier "hand" held and was pointed in the right direction. Im a 4 year grad of MIT and I somtimes have alittle bump and a bruise from understanding how to do some of these things. But you know what. I can come here, and say, "Hey help! I have fallen and I cant get up, and there will be hundreds in this community that will pick me back up and give me my walker and make sure I dont fall again. Call me spoon fed? LOL Maybe, Im a brat? Maybe, But guess what, Thats what friends are for and thats what modmyi is all about, "helping everyone" So, give me my spoon and feed me.....

      Good job guys on the jail break and Im holding out for the unlock, I have a iPhone 4 still in the box, never been opened waiting for all you awsome devs to do what voodoo you do!
    1. jamriman's Avatar
      jamriman -
      Is backgrounder needed anymore now that Apple allows multitasking?

      I NEED Notifier and Winterboard!
      Because it's not true. It just freezes one app to another to save battery. Sucks!

      Is backgrounder needed anymore now that Apple allows multitasking?

      I NEED Notifier and Winterboard!
      Because it's not true multi. It just freezes one app to another to save battery. Sucks!
    1. Wilbourn's Avatar
      Wilbourn -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoenix3g View Post
      So after skimming threw the posts, can I conclude all this excitement for the for jailbreak was pointless and misguided? As it will never be released? Or is this just a ploy to stop people constantly harassing the Dev Team? I guess only time will time. Either way I hope to see a jailbreak on my new iPhone 4.

      On a side note it's great to be back! lol
      It will be released at some point. Its just that at moment its an unfinished product and the last thing these guys want to do is release a jailbreaking method thats not complete only to have it ruin a lot of peoples shinny new iPhones. But I (like you) am eagerly waiting for a complete and final version to be released. Plus, if Apple does release an update for the antenna issue (4.0.1) then this will push the release of the Jailbreak back a bit so that they can re-situate the jailbreak to accommodate the new update (at least thats what I read on redmondpie).
    1. aimetti's Avatar
      aimetti -
      id think they would be better off waiting for the update until releasing anything
    1. iPhoenix3g's Avatar
      iPhoenix3g -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
      It will be released at some point. Its just that at moment its an unfinished product and the last thing these guys want to do is release a jailbreaking method thats not complete only to have it ruin a lot of peoples shinny new iPhones. But I (like you) am eagerly waiting for a complete and final version to be released. Plus, if Apple does release an update for the antenna issue (4.0.1) then this will push the release of the Jailbreak back a bit so that they can re-situate the jailbreak to accommodate the new update (at least thats what I read on redmondpie).
      Aha! That makes total sense, Thank you very much. I myself haven't seen any issue with my signal but then again I don't hold the top corner of iPhone during calls, And I also live in a very good reception area.
    1. nomad707's Avatar
      nomad707 -
      There was an update to tinyumbrella for those that were having 'device detection issues'. This worked for myself.

      TinyUmbrella 4.00.24 now supports iPhone 4 and iOS4 | Daily iPhone Blog