• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!


    Our good friends, MuscleNerd and planetbeing, have announced that Comex's Spirit userland jailbreak has been ported to work on iOS 4 and even the iPhone 4!

    Before you go asking like crazy, I'll tell you now... There is still no release date, but rather, just great news that our next Jailbreak tool is right around the corner. The image above that you see is high-resolution, at the native iPhone 4 resolution, just a bit of extra proof that it's working. Go ahead, click the image and see it in it's full glory.

    Stay tuned folks, our next Jailbreak tool will arrive shortly.

    NOTE: This is not the bootrom exploit, but rather another userland jailbreak, which means Apple could patch it in the next update, so make sure you back up your blobs once your jailbroken.

    Tweet from MuscleNerd:

    Congrats to @comex for another userland JB Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter <– hi-res Cydia via @planetbeing & @chpwn iPhone4s



    Tweet from PlanetBeing:

    Think I’m the first one I know about to get a root shell (and SSH) on iPhone 4, using poor @comex’s code (since he has no iPhone 4).



    on another note however,

    This article was originally published in forum thread: Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon! started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 714 Comments
    1. bobright's Avatar
      bobright -
      Quote Originally Posted by monchy36 View Post
      2 days untill the new beginning... New posts, people happy and people crying... People showing new themes, people asking for help... People saying thanks for the great work, people complaining because the device is slow or on death spinning... 2 days... Let us wait... Quietly... Waching... Right here... Shhhhh!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by igarys View Post
      Yay only 2 more months
      What the eff are you guys talking about?
    1. monchy36's Avatar
      monchy36 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
      What the eff are you guys talking about?
      I'm just having a little fun... That's all... My God don't be so sencitive!!!
    1. TheOnlyest's Avatar
      TheOnlyest -
      Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
      Uh yes they jailbreak their own phones to test and make sure things go good...how bout u say something more constructive then ur sappy criticism...knowing when he releases , u gonna be the first one jumping on it
      Constructive? like? Apparently you and your loyal thankers didn't hear the Skype conference call between all the devs last night, where Comex himself stated that he recently had to go "back to square one" because he didn't properly test the exploit he was using, and almost released.

      MuscleNerd confirmed that his unlock is, and HAS been done for a while, "i'm just waiting for the jailbreak to come out to release it" and even that pressure from another dev team member isn't resulting in progress!

      I'm absolutely NOT saying Comex can't pull this off... he absolutely can! Its a matter of if and when... and don't expect it anytime soon based on his own words just 19 hrs ago!

      And FYI tough guy... I wont be jumping on anything... I took my iPhone 4 BACK to AT&T on Tuesday!! So, happy waiting, i'm sticking with my blackra1n'd 3GS.
    1. durdan1's Avatar
      durdan1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
      Constructive? like? Apparently you and your loyal thankers didn't hear the Skype conference call between all the devs last night, where Comex himself stated that he recently had to go "back to square one" because he didn't properly test the exploit he was using, and almost released.

      MuscleNerd confirmed that his unlock is, and HAS been done for a while, "i'm just waiting for the jailbreak to come out to release it" and even that pressure from another dev team member isn't resulting in progress!

      I'm absolutely NOT saying Comex can't pull this off... he absolutely can! Its a matter of if and when... and don't expect it anytime soon based on his own words just 19 hrs ago!

      And FYI tough guy... I wont be jumping on anything... I took my iPhone 4 BACK to AT&T on Tuesday!! So, happy waiting, i'm sticking with my blackra1n'd 3GS.
      Wow! If what you say is true this really sucks oh well more waiting to be done
    1. cymolia's Avatar
      cymolia -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
      Constructive? like? Apparently you and your loyal thankers didn't hear the Skype conference call between all the devs last night, where Comex himself stated that he recently had to go "back to square one" because he didn't properly test the exploit he was using, and almost released.

      MuscleNerd confirmed that his unlock is, and HAS been done for a while, "i'm just waiting for the jailbreak to come out to release it" and even that pressure from another dev team member isn't resulting in progress!

      I'm absolutely NOT saying Comex can't pull this off... he absolutely can! Its a matter of if and when... and don't expect it anytime soon based on his own words just 19 hrs ago!

      And FYI tough guy... I wont be jumping on anything... I took my iPhone 4 BACK to AT&T on Tuesday!! So, happy waiting, i'm sticking with my blackra1n'd 3GS.
      Stop making s h i t up douche
    1. homeboyjames's Avatar
      homeboyjames -
      i call bullstuff
    1. igorb13's Avatar
      igorb13 -
      COMEX, release that poison, comex ..........
    1. LastSonOfKrypton's Avatar
      LastSonOfKrypton -
      It has been too quiet
    1. kmmxracer's Avatar
      kmmxracer -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
      Constructive? like? Apparently you and your loyal thankers didn't hear the Skype conference call between all the devs last night, where Comex himself stated that he recently had to go "back to square one" because he didn't properly test the exploit he was using, and almost released.

      MuscleNerd confirmed that his unlock is, and HAS been done for a while, "i'm just waiting for the jailbreak to come out to release it" and even that pressure from another dev team member isn't resulting in progress!

      I'm absolutely NOT saying Comex can't pull this off... he absolutely can! Its a matter of if and when... and don't expect it anytime soon based on his own words just 19 hrs ago!

      And FYI tough guy... I wont be jumping on anything... I took my iPhone 4 BACK to AT&T on Tuesday!! So, happy waiting, i'm sticking with my blackra1n'd 3GS.
      If you actually listened to the podcast, comex said it is very close to being completed, despite having to start over after his failed initial testing.
    1. TheOnlyest's Avatar
      TheOnlyest -
      Quote Originally Posted by homeboyjames View Post
      i call bullstuff
      Its truestuff

      Quote Originally Posted by cymolia View Post
      Stop making s h i t up douche
      GFY jagoff

      Heres a link to the EDITED podcast version, me and over 2000 others listened to most of it live.
      And while you're listening for yourself... eat s h i t!

      Episode 021 – Planetbeing, Comex, ih8sn0w, chpwn, plus more! | This Week in iPhone Podcast – TWiiPhone

      Take note of the DATE... this was LAST NIGHT!
    1. igarys's Avatar
      igarys -
      Get andriod
    1. kmmxracer's Avatar
      kmmxracer -
      Quote Originally Posted by igarys View Post
      Get andriod
      I love iOS, but my buddy at work peeked my interest in the Android hacking scene. I want both, I don't want to have to choose either or.
    1. bobright's Avatar
      bobright -
      Yeah word around is all of the Dev members are turning on Comex and he's holding out for sheer joy and amusement
    1. cymolia's Avatar
      cymolia -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
      Its truestuff


      GFY jagoff

      Heres a link to the EDITED podcast version, me and over 2000 others listened to most of it live.
      And while you're listening for yourself... eat s h i t!

      Episode 021 – Planetbeing, Comex, ih8sn0w, chpwn, plus more! | This Week in iPhone Podcast – TWiiPhone

      Take note of the DATE... this was LAST NIGHT!
      Fake, you edited it , fake fake fake
    1. homeboyjames's Avatar
      homeboyjames -
      i watched some of it last night just seemed to fake nothing was organized at first 15 more mins 7 more mins than finally you guys on here not talking about anything in the iphone world really so i just closed it.
    1. LastSonOfKrypton's Avatar
      LastSonOfKrypton -
      Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
      I love iOS, but my buddy at work peeked my interest in the Android hacking scene. I want both, I don't want to have to choose either or.
      I'm waiting for an Android tablet similar to Apple's iPad. Best of both words. I'll never leave my iPhone. I have too much $$$ invested into apps and what not. I could see an Android tablet better replacing a PC to a windows user like myself due to it's nature of applications
    1. cymolia's Avatar
      cymolia -
      Quote Originally Posted by homeboyjames View Post
      i watched some of it last night just seemed to fake nothing was organized at first 15 more mins 7 more mins than finally you guys on here not talking about anything in the iphone world really so i just closed it.
    1. homeboyjames's Avatar
      homeboyjames -
      lmao burn me
    1. LastSonOfKrypton's Avatar
      LastSonOfKrypton -
      @ cymolia

      That was hilarious
    1. monchy36's Avatar
      monchy36 -
      Watch out!!!! The "St0rm" is comming!!! Stealth knows!!!