• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows


    Warning: Spirit Jailbreakers: Do Not Update while using the Spirit JB Exploit. Use RedSn0w, PwnageTool, or Sn0wBreeze to jailbreak first, and THEN you may use these new tools.


    Yesterday we had the release of PwnageTool 4.01 for Mac, from the Dev-Team, which allowed you to make custom iOS 4 firmwares ready for jailbreaking. Only a day later, we now have Windows support for creating custom jailbroken firmwares, with Sn0wBreeze 1.6

    Just like RedSn0w, you will have the additional functionality options for the iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G, for multitasking and wallpapers. The same rules apply for Sn0wBreeze 1.6 as does PwnageTool. Certain devices are not supported. This is simply due to the fact that the hardware is not supported in iOS 4.0. The Phone 2G, iPod Touch, iPod Touch 3G are not supported. Neither is the iPhone 3GS with the new Bootrom, the MC models.

    If you have an iPhone 3GS, Sn0wbreeze 1.6 only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom. If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak, then you can create the custom firmware with Sn0wbreeze 1.6 and restore this ipsw with your jailbroken iPhone, while in recovery mode.

    If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3G at 3.1.2 (but not jailbroken with Spirit) then you can create the firmware with Sn0wBreeze and restore your iPhone 3G from recovery mode or DFU mode. If you have an out of the box iPhone 3G you should restore using a Sn0wbreeze's DFU mode. If you have a Jailbroken 3.1.3 iPhone 3G it is very possible that this can fail from recovery mode, if this failure happens you will need to restore using DFU mode.

    Just like PwnageTool, you can add custom packages, which means you can include ultrasn0w along with the firmware so that you won't need Wi-Fi access to install it later. So basically everything that was offered on the Mac side with PwnageTool, is now available on the Windows side via Sn0wBreeze.

    As an alternative to Sn0wbreeze 1.6, you can use redsn0w on iPhone 3G (on both Windows and Mac).

    Let us recap real quick. Here is a list of supported devices:

    iPhone 3GS (old bootrom, non MC model, not spirit jailbroken)
    iPhone 3G (might require DFU,)
    iPod 2G (non MC model, not spirit jailbroken)

    In almost every case, you need to be previously jailbroken except for the 3G, but you must NOT be jailbroken with Spirit (on 3.1.2 this might work, but 3.1.3 has issues).

    Sorry guys, still no support for newer model iPhone 3GS. Stick to 3.1 for now.

    Snowbreeze 1.6.1 Windows
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload

    redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-4
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload

    redsn0w_mac_0.9.5b5-4
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 573 Comments
    1. reedy1979's Avatar
      reedy1979 -
      nice thanks very much guys you have a great help
    1. Manca's Avatar
      Manca -
      i hope dev team will release untethered jailbreak which wouldn't require you to have 3.1.x SHSHs on file...
    1. drmias's Avatar
      drmias -
      Quote Originally Posted by Manca View Post
      i hope dev team will release untethered jailbreak which wouldn't require you to have 3.1.x SHSHs on file...
      The 3G iPhone doesn't need it, the only ones who do, are the iPhones 3G[S] with new BOOTROM, anyway, the Spirit JB By Comex is being ported to include all devices (including iphone 4, on iOS 4.0)
    1. High_Voltage's Avatar
      High_Voltage -
      I've got a dilemma. First off My Model Starts Off with "PC****", My Bootroom is as read in Device manager, "240.5.1"(Pretty old considering i've been restoring and Downgrading a bit). I have another thread descrbing this thoroughly 3.1.2 > 4.0, Snowbreeze It

      Here's What I did(If Possible Please post some useful suggestions to make this work)

      1.)Download Sn0wbreeze 1.6.2
      2.)Pluged in Itouch(2G), Ran Sn0wbreeze(Also Downloaded, NET Framework with the Breeze' But it wouldnt accept giving me an error basically saying You already have NET Framwork previously installed, then cancels the DownLoad
      3.)Created 3 different ISPW, Just backup if it didnt work first time
      4.)Shift+Click on Restore, Click "Custom Sn0wbreeze-2G Firmware"
      5.)"Verifing Firmware for ipod" (=============)..Done
      6.)"preparing Ipod for Restore" (= = = = = = =)..continuous Preparation
      7.)"Error 1604" retry it over and over, still the same
      8.)Before step #7, i tried put the ipod into Recovery and just leaving it on homescreen to restore

      Can Someone plz help me, Really Eager to expierience Ios 4
    1. rowong's Avatar
      rowong -
      Just wondering, we do need the newest version of iTunes to restore to iOS4 and then jailbreak using SnOwBreeze right? Thanks! I am on 3.0 with the non-MC model of the 2nd gen iTouch.
    1. drmias's Avatar
      drmias -
      Quote Originally Posted by High_Voltage View Post
      I've got a dilemma. First off My Model Starts Off with "PC****", My Bootroom is as read in Device manager, "240.5.1"(Pretty old considering i've been restoring and Downgrading a bit). I have another thread descrbing this thoroughly 3.1.2 > 4.0, Snowbreeze It

      Here's What I did(If Possible Please post some useful suggestions to make this work)

      1.)Download Sn0wbreeze 1.6.2
      2.)Pluged in Itouch(2G), Ran Sn0wbreeze(Also Downloaded, NET Framework with the Breeze' But it wouldnt accept giving me an error basically saying You already have NET Framwork previously installed, then cancels the DownLoad
      3.)Created 3 different ISPW, Just backup if it didnt work first time
      4.)Shift+Click on Restore, Click "Custom Sn0wbreeze-2G Firmware"
      5.)"Verifing Firmware for ipod" (=============)..Done
      6.)"preparing Ipod for Restore" (= = = = = = =)..continuous Preparation
      7.)"Error 1604" retry it over and over, still the same
      8.)Before step #7, i tried put the ipod into Recovery and just leaving it on homescreen to restore

      Can Someone plz help me, Really Eager to expierience Ios 4
      You should have been on an already jailbroken device. What version do you have running right now?
      Use Spirit with it, then Use Sn0wBreeze 1.6.2, once opened it'll ask 'If you used Spirit to JB Click HERE' and go ahead.

      Quote Originally Posted by rowong View Post
      Just wondering, we do need the newest version of iTunes to restore to iOS4 and then jailbreak using SnOwBreeze right? Thanks! I am on 3.0 with the non-MC model of the 2nd gen iTouch.
      No don't have to, but in order to use the iphone with itunes you do. Meaning, you don't have to have 9.2 for the restore process, but in order to sync it and use it later with 4.0 you have to have itune >9.2.

      hope this help,
    1. High_Voltage's Avatar
      High_Voltage -
      I was and am already jailbroken, I wa using Blackrain to show sn0wbreeze I already was jailbroken, in my post I did describe myself "restoring and downgrading" hint hint. As of tight now, I am on Spirit 3.1.2 But I didn't know it would send a message asking if you are a spirit user?! I'll try it out.

      I wish IREB was fully functional....
    1. gabimaiden's Avatar
      gabimaiden -
      Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
      The 3G iPhone doesn't need it, the only ones who do, are the iPhones 3G[S] with new BOOTROM, anyway, the Spirit JB By Comex is being ported to include all devices (including iphone 4, on iOS 4.0)
      Hey, does anybody knows if the new tool will provide hacktivation? Like the mighty Blackra1n?

      I really need this

      Thanks!
    1. drmias's Avatar
      drmias -
      Which device? Which version are you currently using? Which tool did you talk about? Which blobs do you have saved?
    1. gabimaiden's Avatar
      gabimaiden -
      Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
      Which device? Which version are you currently using? Which tool did you talk about? Which blobs do you have saved?
      Sorry me for not providing any sense at all :P

      I have a 3GS, new iBoot (359.3.2). With 3.1.2. JB probably done with Spirit. I bought it already JB.

      All was perfect till I started to realize my options to reinstall it were almost none.

      The dumbs that sold it to me were to lazy and they saved the blobs for 3.1.3.

      So I can restore it to 3.1.3, a stock one, cause of the new iBoot. No problem as the new utrlasn0w handles the 5.12BB.

      However as my phone is from outside my country and I dont know the company I will not be able to activate it. And Spirit only works on activated phones.

      That's why I'm anxious to know if the new spirit will bring that feature (hacktivation) as the Blackra1n has.

      Thanks!
    1. kenyan's Avatar
      kenyan -
      Hi guys i have been given an iphone from states side, that is Unlocked and not sure if it has ever been jailbroken before.

      It's an iPhone 3GS
      Version 4.0(8A293)
      Model MB718LL
      Modem Firmware 05.13.04

      My question is can this be Jailbroken? As for SH Blobs, as mentioned earlier am not sure if it has ever been jailbroken before, or SH Blobs saved elsewhere. For now lets assume never.

      Kindly advise if the Snowbreeze 1.6 method mentioned at he start can work on this, or which other method would work.

      Cheers.
    1. CaptainChaos's Avatar
      CaptainChaos -
      Quote Originally Posted by rawland View Post
      My understanding is that ALL MC models, regardless of serial numbers, have new bootrom and cannot yet be jb'd.
      Just iPods. Not iPhones. I am about to take the plunge into 4.0 on my 3GS.
    1. High_Voltage's Avatar
      High_Voltage -
      Well i cant seem to get Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4 to work("Waiting for reboot error") and sn0wbreeze ISPWs wont restore as i keep getting error "1604" and "1601" over and over restoring with 4.0 .

      I have an Ipod Touch 2G
      Version 3.1.2(7D11)
      Model PC08***

      I do have one question, is "PC" in my model of itouch considered "MC", not sure, but if it does have to do with "MC", this would explain as to why i cant seem to Jailbreak, THX in advance for helping.