• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows


    Warning: Spirit Jailbreakers: Do Not Update while using the Spirit JB Exploit. Use RedSn0w, PwnageTool, or Sn0wBreeze to jailbreak first, and THEN you may use these new tools.


    Yesterday we had the release of PwnageTool 4.01 for Mac, from the Dev-Team, which allowed you to make custom iOS 4 firmwares ready for jailbreaking. Only a day later, we now have Windows support for creating custom jailbroken firmwares, with Sn0wBreeze 1.6

    Just like RedSn0w, you will have the additional functionality options for the iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G, for multitasking and wallpapers. The same rules apply for Sn0wBreeze 1.6 as does PwnageTool. Certain devices are not supported. This is simply due to the fact that the hardware is not supported in iOS 4.0. The Phone 2G, iPod Touch, iPod Touch 3G are not supported. Neither is the iPhone 3GS with the new Bootrom, the MC models.

    If you have an iPhone 3GS, Sn0wbreeze 1.6 only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom. If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak, then you can create the custom firmware with Sn0wbreeze 1.6 and restore this ipsw with your jailbroken iPhone, while in recovery mode.

    If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3G at 3.1.2 (but not jailbroken with Spirit) then you can create the firmware with Sn0wBreeze and restore your iPhone 3G from recovery mode or DFU mode. If you have an out of the box iPhone 3G you should restore using a Sn0wbreeze's DFU mode. If you have a Jailbroken 3.1.3 iPhone 3G it is very possible that this can fail from recovery mode, if this failure happens you will need to restore using DFU mode.

    Just like PwnageTool, you can add custom packages, which means you can include ultrasn0w along with the firmware so that you won't need Wi-Fi access to install it later. So basically everything that was offered on the Mac side with PwnageTool, is now available on the Windows side via Sn0wBreeze.

    As an alternative to Sn0wbreeze 1.6, you can use redsn0w on iPhone 3G (on both Windows and Mac).

    Let us recap real quick. Here is a list of supported devices:

    iPhone 3GS (old bootrom, non MC model, not spirit jailbroken)
    iPhone 3G (might require DFU,)
    iPod 2G (non MC model, not spirit jailbroken)

    In almost every case, you need to be previously jailbroken except for the 3G, but you must NOT be jailbroken with Spirit (on 3.1.2 this might work, but 3.1.3 has issues).

    Sorry guys, still no support for newer model iPhone 3GS. Stick to 3.1 for now.

    Snowbreeze 1.6.1 Windows
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload

    redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-4
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload

    redsn0w_mac_0.9.5b5-4
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 573 Comments
    1. robertr1's Avatar
      robertr1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by kenyan View Post
      Check your model number....if it begins with "MC" then you have the new bootrom if it is not "MC" then you have an older bootrom also check the 4th and 5th number in you serial number if it is lower then 40 then you have an old bootrom.

      settings, general, about........scroll down to model number and check.............. mine is MC131C (new bootrom) and check serial number as well... my serial is new bootrom ***43****** the first two numbers in the serial are the factory numbers, the third number is the year it was made and the two numbers following those numbers are the week of that year it was made.

      Hope this helps.
      No, wrong the serial number and model number have nothing to do with it. Read a few posts on previous pages and it's obvious. Btw my 4th and 5th digits are 17 and I have the new bootrom.
    1. dazzer1983's Avatar
      dazzer1983 -
      Quote Originally Posted by kenyan View Post
      Check your model number....if it begins with "MC" then you have the new bootrom if it is not "MC" then you have an older bootrom also check the 4th and 5th number in you serial number if it is lower then 40 then you have an old bootrom.

      settings, general, about........scroll down to model number and check.............. mine is MC131C (new bootrom) and check serial number as well... my serial is new bootrom ***43****** the first two numbers in the serial are the factory numbers, the third number is the year it was made and the two numbers following those numbers are the week of that year it was made.

      Hope this helps.
      Mines MC131B and its not new bootrom because im on cfw4.0 Might be serial thou mines 39
    1. rmathew_99's Avatar
      rmathew_99 -
      Anybody, Please give me an idea. Like I said I can restore to Apple firmware files but if I point to custom file it gives me error 1600.
    1. dazzer1983's Avatar
      dazzer1983 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rmathew_99 View Post
      Anybody, Please give me an idea. Like I said I can restore to Apple firmware files but if I point to custom file it gives me error 1600.
      Its been explained several times read recent posts

      also i see your on 3.1.3 if you have never been on 3.1.2 jailbroke your screwed for now
    1. kenyan's Avatar
      kenyan -
      Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
      No, wrong the serial number and model number have nothing to do with it. Read a few posts on previous pages and it's obvious. Btw my 4th and 5th digits are 17 and I have the new bootrom.
      So how sure are you you have the new Bootrom? As I mentioned it depends on the serial or the Model. So how do you base yours to be new Bootrrom?
    1. dangit's Avatar
      dangit -
      Hello, I have an iPhone 3G with AT&T network on 3.12 jailbroken/unlocked/hacktivated using Blackr4in.

      I'd like to update to 4.0 and still be jailbroken/unlocked/hacktivated. I'd like to do a clean install, so I have no need for a backup/restore. I don't have my SHSH blob saved. Could anyone make a guide for me?
    1. Valuk's Avatar
      Valuk -
      Let me first off apologize for even posting this, but there's just way too many posts to read through on this thread already to find this answer.

      My iPhone 3GS is currently jailbroken on 3.1.2 via Blackrain, has a model number beginning with MC, Serial # starting below 40, but the bootrom is 359.3. I see lots of conflicting info - some say serial number/model are the indicator, but mine conflict.

      Anyone able to shed some light on whether this is jail-breakable with this new Sn0wBreeze release?

      Thanks for your time!
    1. dtkool's Avatar
      dtkool -
      It seems like many people are having issue & errors.
      I created a Simple Custom IPSW 900MB partition & Non-Activated. All I getting is Error (2). I know you're supposed to restore in Recovery Mode & 3Gs iPhone must be Old Bootroom & Blackra1n JB at v3.1.2
      Question:
      Anyone successfully created a Custom IPSW & Restored using Snowbreeze v1.6.1?
    1. dazzer1983's Avatar
      dazzer1983 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Valuk View Post
      Let me first off apologize for even posting this, but there's just way too many posts to read through on this thread already to find this answer.

      My iPhone 3GS is currently jailbroken on 3.1.2 via Blackrain, has a model number beginning with MC, Serial # starting below 40, but the bootrom is 359.3. I see lots of conflicting info - some say serial number/model are the indicator, but mine conflict.

      Anyone able to shed some light on whether this is jail-breakable with this new Sn0wBreeze release?

      Thanks for your time!
      You should be fine on 3.1.2 jailbroken
    1. rmathew_99's Avatar
      rmathew_99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer1983 View Post
      Its been explained several times read recent posts

      also i see your on 3.1.3 if you have never been on 3.1.2 jailbroke your screwed for now
      Dazzer1983,
      Thanks for the response. I am not sure if you read my first post. There is too much mixed information out there I was told that "Using your blobs, restore to CUSTOM 3.1.3 made by Sn0wBreeze Or PwnageTools, And then you should restore with CUSTOM 4.0 to get your device on 4.0 Jailbroken."

      My configuration is
      3GS, 3.1.3 (7E18), Firmware 5.12.1, MB715LL model and JBroken with Spirit. Since this morning I have restored to base 3.1.3.

      Am I still screwed. Is Spirit is the only option? I hate Spirit because I can't go to 4.
      Please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.
      Thanks
    1. dazzer1983's Avatar
      dazzer1983 -
      That all seems correct to me Go for it
    1. turbois300's Avatar
      turbois300 -
      I am also getting Error (2) on a compatible 3G(s). Have followed all instructions exactly. Can anyone shed light on this? Apparently many are encountering the same issue with hardware that is supposed to be compatible.
    1. rmathew_99's Avatar
      rmathew_99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer1983 View Post
      That all seems correct to me Go for it
      thanks. Any ideas on error 1600?
    1. Jon3s's Avatar
      Jon3s -
      Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
      Do you have your blobs saved in cydia?



      How do you do it?
      Yeah I think so. I clicked to the make my life easier button on home cydia page with red heart. And after some days later the greeen sign was there "your shshs saved on...."

      But maybe I have only saved just the 3.1.3 shshs? it is any possibility to check what am i saved on saurik's server? any link or program?

      One more info from my system! I dont uprgade yet the iTunes to 9.2, because i red somewhere, its not so good for Spirited jailbreak.

      can I check anywhere wheter i save the 3.1.2 shsh blobs or not drmias?
    1. tamaysz's Avatar
      tamaysz -
      I'm seriously starting to think that all of us 3Gs users with the new bootrom and that all of the new iPhone 4 users are getting screwed at all these jailbreaks being developed. Dev Team seems to be only creating jailbreaks for the old bootrom, and they, have NEVER created jailbreaks to help people with new bootroms. Same deal with Sn0wBreeze and the other jailbreaks. They all cater to people with the old bootrom.

      Geohot announced this on his twitter:
      geohot In Berlin where there are no Apple stores. USA in world cup! No plans for new jailbreak. Stop asking.
      about 13 hours ago

      Why does the Dev team keep looking to the past for jailbreaks, when the new bottom 3Gs, and the iPhone 4 both need a solution for a jailbreak on 4.0! Right now, especially after seeing Geohot's announcement that he has no plans for a new jailbreak Even After Pwned4Life was announced.

      Another thing that I really don't think is fair, why doesn't the Dev Team just find an exploit to help everyone jailbreak? Instead, I'm pretty sure that most exploits are being sat on right now, and lots of us 3Gs users and i4 users are being left out in the cold. I do understand that the Dev Team and others work pretty hard to create jailbreaks, but why for only a select few?

      I'm seriously starting to think that the only way us new bottom 3Gs users, as well as the new iPhone 4 users are gonna be able to jailbreak on 4.0, is if Spirit gets an update to help us out, or if someone else can come up with a jailbreak.

      Seriously, if I knew how to make a jailbreak and how to program, and if I knew everything involved, I would have made one myself to help Everyone out.
    1. Hyperextension's Avatar
      Hyperextension -
      Anyone know why a NOR custom FW is much smaller file size? Its like 17.1 MB. Is this correct?
    1. nicksk8er414's Avatar
      nicksk8er414 -
      question, what if you are jailbroken with spirit? do you restore to 4.0 then again to jailbreak? or is there no solution
    1. mj0470's Avatar
      mj0470 -
      So.... Old or new???? Jailbreakable or not?????
      Attachment 457549

      Sorry the image from f0recast is so small.... but open it up.... I'd appreciate some guidance....

      Thanks
    1. finalfantasy's Avatar
      finalfantasy -
      Quote Originally Posted by tamaysz View Post
      I'm seriously starting to think that all of us 3Gs users with the new bootrom and that all of the new iPhone 4 users are getting screwed at all these jailbreaks being developed. Dev Team seems to be only creating jailbreaks for the old bootrom, and they, have NEVER created jailbreaks to help people with new bootroms. Same deal with Sn0wBreeze and the other jailbreaks. They all cater to people with the old bootrom.

      Geohot announced this on his twitter:
      geohot In Berlin where there are no Apple stores. USA in world cup! No plans for new jailbreak. Stop asking.
      about 13 hours ago

      Why does the Dev team keep looking to the past for jailbreaks, when the new bottom 3Gs, and the iPhone 4 both need a solution for a jailbreak on 4.0! Right now, especially after seeing Geohot's announcement that he has no plans for a new jailbreak Even After Pwned4Life was announced.

      Another thing that I really don't think is fair, why doesn't the Dev Team just find an exploit to help everyone jailbreak? Instead, I'm pretty sure that most exploits are being sat on right now, and lots of us 3Gs users and i4 users are being left out in the cold. I do understand that the Dev Team and others work pretty hard to create jailbreaks, but why for only a select few?

      I'm seriously starting to think that the only way us new bottom 3Gs users, as well as the new iPhone 4 users are gonna be able to jailbreak on 4.0, is if Spirit gets an update to help us out, or if someone else can come up with a jailbreak.

      Seriously, if I knew how to make a jailbreak and how to program, and if I knew everything involved, I would have made one myself to help Everyone out.
      Bottom line is 95% of iphone users are old bootrom 3GS or older (2g or 3g ect....) so theirs not a huge rush to reinvite an entire new code and program for a small number of ppl.
    1. Gizmo.y's Avatar
      Gizmo.y -
      Ive got an Issue.

      Got an 3Gs, Restored to a Fresh 3.1.2, JB with Blackra1n. custom ISPW created. iPhone put into Recovery mode and Shift+Restore in iTunes and selecting the new Firmware.

      Im getting Error "2" during this process, anything know what the problem is?