• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • First Photos of the Supposed 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Display Parts Surface


    Apple has been rumored to be preparing to launch two larger iPhone sizes this fall, a 4.7-inch version and a 5.5-inch version. While pictures of the 4.7-inch version have been leaked extensively with a thinner body design, the 5.5-inch version only saw its first significant leak in the form of a dummy model. Sonny Dickson recently shared a pair of photos which he claimed show the LCD display component for the larger iPhone with the 5.5-inch screen. The photos show the display being attached to a ruler which indicates a screen that has a diagonal measurement of roughly 14cm.

    Once converted to inches, the 14cm turns to 5-5inches which lends some credence to the heavily rumored next-gen Apple smartphone size. Although the photos don’t provide any breakthrough information about the new phone, the photos do show that Apple is already producing components for the larger sized iPhone and this means that production is likely nearing. Several reports are indicating that the 5.5-inch model will be short in supply upon launch and that the phone may even be released a few weeks after the 4.7-inch version.



    Based on information from previous leaks, the new set of iPhones will launch in a thinner all-aluminum body with similar color tones to those sold for the iPhone 5S.The new phones include a new antenna band design as well as a re-located sleep/wake/power switch on the right side so that the button is still easily accessible even though the phone becomes taller and wider. The new device will also likely sport a sapphire crystal display covering for improved strength and clarity but reports have been split on whether or not the feature will be exclusive to the larger of the two models or be released for both sizes.



    For those of you who didn’t know, the new iPhones are also expected to include a higher-resolution display with an increased pixel ratio of 1704 x 960. It is also rumored that the devices will include improved LTE chipsets to support VoLTE as well as new barometer sensors to better track weather conditions and the phone’s relative altitude. Much like the usual trend, the new iPhone is expected to have a new A8 system-on-a-chip which offers improved efficiency, marginal performance boosts and better battery life.

    The iPhone 6 models are likely to be announced in September and ship alongside the new iOS 8 mobile operating system.

    Source: Sonny Dickson (Twitter) via 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First Photos of the Supposed 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Display Parts Surface started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 20 Comments
    1. WiiWendy's Avatar
      WiiWendy -
      Wow😘luv it!!! God I just got the Gold 5S and the iPad air. Now how in the hell am I going to get this???? But as we all do, I will find a way 😉
    1. Striknine's Avatar
      Striknine -
      Quote Originally Posted by WiiWendy View Post
      Wowluv it!!! God I just got the Gold 5S and the iPad air. Now how in the hell am I going to get this???? But as we all do, I will find a way 
      If you have the money to throw away, why not? I can't justify buying the same phone with a little larger screen in a new case. Wouldn't feel like I spent my money wisely. Especially if you already have an ipad.
    1. hitman10's Avatar
      hitman10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
      If you have the money to throw away, why not? I can't justify buying the same phone with a little larger screen in a new case. Wouldn't feel like I spent my money wisely. Especially if you already have an ipad.
      I agree, my old ipad was the #2, when the air came out i waited until xmas then bought the air upgrading from my ipad 2. I noticed a HUGE difference is weight and the retina to non-retina. Like i had the iphone 4 and got the iphone 5, again huge difference in speed and quality, why would i get the 5s? because of a finger print reader... Don't get me wrong, i could afford to buy a new ipad and phone every year, but why would i.. Honestly makes no sense at all,, other then to gloat about how i have the newest stuff..
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      I am excited! I love the excitement of new Apple products! However I waited to update my iPhone from 4s to 5s. The bigger screen is what I am excited for! I'm waiting for the iWatch to!


      Sent from my iPad using ModMyi
    1. TDH Advocate's Avatar
      TDH Advocate -
      Other than the lock button and size increase (both of which I can deal with) I love it. I just bought my 5S though so unless I win an online contest then I have to wait for the 6S sadly.
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      I just hope the iwatch is fully compatible with the iphone5 then I won't need to buy a 6. But saying that I'd probably choose a 5s as the 6 is a bit large
    1. c0deName_ZERO's Avatar
      c0deName_ZERO -
      I dunno i dnt like the design doesn't look clean and polish and apple like more like a galaxy s an iPhone have a baby thats how it looks
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by c0deName_ZERO View Post
      I dunno i dnt like the design doesn't look clean and polish and apple like more like a galaxy s an iPhone have a baby thats how it looks
      You realize the photo of the iPhone 6 aren't real right? Just rumored or what they might look like?

      As I have said before! It's a rumor until Apple gets on the stage and says "Here it is"


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      You realize the photo of the iPhone 6 aren't real right? Just rumored or what they might look like?

      As I have said before! It's a rumor until Apple gets on the stage and says "Here it is"


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
      +1
    1. yohomie's Avatar
      yohomie -
      Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
      I agree, my old ipad was the #2, when the air came out i waited until xmas then bought the air upgrading from my ipad 2. I noticed a HUGE difference is weight and the retina to non-retina. Like i had the iphone 4 and got the iphone 5, again huge difference in speed and quality, why would i get the 5s? because of a finger print reader... Don't get me wrong, i could afford to buy a new ipad and phone every year, but why would i.. Honestly makes no sense at all,, other then to gloat about how i have the newest stuff..
      Well I can make the case buying the 5s after buying the 5. First, the fingerprint reader saves a good amount of time by not entering the 4-digit passcode everytime you unlock your phone, and I know that my personal information is completely secure if my phone was stolen. Second, The 5s camera is much better in my opinion (iPhotography!) Third, tru-tone flash - yes it's much better taking pics at night and not seeing all your friends ghost white. Fourth, more LTE bands in the 5s offers more compatibility with Service providers across the world, if you travel like me. Fifth, ... it's faster! That's worth the upgrade to me.
    1. kalpesh78's Avatar
      kalpesh78 -
      I just hope its not a 'cheap plastic' phone. Also awaiting the palm scanner instead of the finger-print scanner.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      You realize the photo of the iPhone 6 aren't real right? Just rumored or what they might look like?

      As I have said before! It's a rumor until Apple gets on the stage and says "Here it
      Hold on. Though what you're saying has an element of truth to it… It's a little too simplistic a statement. In every case since the 4 was about to come out - every single one of the rumors that were getting solidified by early summer and the pics we saw -- all ended up being completely accurate to what actually was released when the real phone finally came out in the fall. So the rumors long about early to midsummer have always been on the money. History's always our best teacher.
    1. LudaChris's Avatar
      LudaChris -
      c'mon 5.5 i6, cant wait!!! (rubbing hands together)
    1. jwil736's Avatar
      jwil736 -
      I think if they increase the screen size it will be on the 6s.

      3Gs - Doubled ram, S for speed
      4 - Redesigned
      4s - S for Siri
      5 - Redesigned, larger screen, LTE
      5s - Touch ID, S for Security
      6 - Redesign, storage starts at 32GB?
      6s - S for Screen size?
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
      I think if they increase the screen size it will be on the 6s.

      3Gs - Doubled ram, S for speed
      4 - Redesigned
      4s - S for Siri
      5 - Redesigned, larger screen, LTE
      5s - Touch ID, S for Security
      6 - Redesign, storage starts at 32GB?
      6s - S for Screen size?
      "S" always stood for speed. Nothing else. Apple was clear about that. There is NO WAY Apple won't make a larger screen for the 6. Would be Steve Cook's last day on the job.. Stock would plunge.
    1. jwil736's Avatar
      jwil736 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      "S" always stood for speed. Nothing else. Apple was clear about that. There is NO WAY Apple won't make a larger screen for the 6. Would be Steve Cook's last day on the job.. Stock would plunge.
      I do recall on the 3GS they were very clear about it meaning speed. I do not recall the 4s or 5s being specified as so.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
      I do recall on the 3GS they were very clear about it meaning speed. I do not recall the 4s or 5s being specified as so.
      What I should've stated was that the "S" never stood for anything 'else' other than speed.
    1. jwil736's Avatar
      jwil736 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      What I should've stated was that the "S" never stood for anything 'else' other than speed.
      That is understood. Nothing has been put on it since that I know of. After our discussion I googled it. Nothing from apple but have found this.
      http://guruprasad.net/posts/what-doe...one-3gs-4s-5s/
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
      That is understood. Nothing has been put on it since that I know of. After our discussion I googled it. Nothing from apple but have found this.
      http://guruprasad.net/posts/what-doe...one-3gs-4s-5s/
      3rd party blogs like that one make up things to interest their readers all the time. I don't believe it for a minute.. Nice conjecture - even logical.. But not Apple at all. .. What's for 100% sure.. The 6 will have a size change.. Even if it wastes a cool pattern that would be achieved with the 6S.. for our OCD friends..
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      I'm w/ you NewD...I always think the S is for speed. I feel people over analyze the naming.

      Besides, the iPhone 5 was the first jump in size, not the 5S...