• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders


    iPhonepocalypse just went to the next level.

    We just got a message from a reader who received an email from AT&T canceling his iPhone 4 pre-order. The customer had placed his order yesterday and received a confirmation number in email. However, today he got an auto-generated email from AT&T claiming that they were "unable to verify" his information "or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online." A call to AT&T confirmed that they are doing this to other customers.

    The email reads as follows:

    Dear xxxxxxxxxx

    Thank you for choosing AT&T.

    Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online. As a result, your order has been canceled.

    If you would like to purchase additional lines of service, please visit one of our AT&T retail locations and present your identification to our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase new wireless devices, accessories, and service.

    Go to att.com/storelocator to find a store near you.

    We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

    Thank you.

    AT&T
    Haven't gotten a response from AT&T on a request for comment.

    Kyle just told me he got the same email.

    This is ugly and getting uglier by the minute.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders started by Paul Daniel Ash View original post
    Comments 399 Comments
    1. dadon4sho's Avatar
      dadon4sho -
      fack!
      according to my order status all i get is in progress... no shipping date or any thing... and still no e-mail what do you guys think?
    1. Nickaroni22's Avatar
      Nickaroni22 -
      I threw in the towel on this maddness! You can blame AT&T and Apple equally on this one I think. After 12 hours of trying to pre-order I just had to laugh. They totally dropped the ball. I'd rather not order than ordered and have it cancalled.
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
      Would this be considered illegal lol? Idk I might do it, or maybe not.

      Your are buying your iphones, the system suppose not to allow you to doit, but you didnt know that, right? Is not your falult. You are legal because your account says that you can doit. I just think like that, but thats me, another person can think different.
    1. sobeniceguy2's Avatar
      sobeniceguy2 -
      I think if Ticketmaster can handle ticket sells for a high profile artist at say 50 concerts at 30k seats( tickets)=(1,500,000) and all be sold out in 10min without systems errors, surely at&t and apple can do the same for a mere 600k iphone sell!! But hey who is really at the center of technology anyway?!
    1. piston597's Avatar
      piston597 -
      Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
      Your are buying your iphones, the system suppose not to allow you to doit, but you didnt know that, right? Is not your falult. You are legal because your account says that you can doit. I just think like that, but thats me, another person can think different.
      Ya, or my brother tried to surprise me and so pre-ordered me an iPhone but I went the morning it came out and bought one myself without knowing
    1. xclusiveiphone's Avatar
      xclusiveiphone -
      Thank goodness I ordered from apple.
    1. zetaprime's Avatar
      zetaprime -
      If there's this much demand for preorders via the web I hate to think of the chaos that will ensue for those who go to the stores on the 24th. The lines will likely be ridiculous and the stores will probably run out of product leaving thousands of angry and unhappy customers.
    1. piston597's Avatar
      piston597 -
      Quote Originally Posted by zetaprime View Post
      If there's this much demand for preorders via the web I hate to think of the chaos that will ensue for those who go to the stores on the 24th. The lines will likely be ridiculous and the stores will probably run out of product leaving thousands of angry and unhappy customers.
      Ya so just go at 12 am and stay untill 7 lol, thats what i do on black friday
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      Quote Originally Posted by zetaprime View Post
      If there's this much demand for preorders via the web I hate to think of the chaos that will ensue for those who go to the stores on the 24th. The lines will likely be ridiculous and the stores will probably run out of product leaving thousands of angry and unhappy customers.
      Just make sure you bring with you a bullet proof vest, and an anti-gas mask.
    1. zetaprime's Avatar
      zetaprime -
      Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
      Ya so just go at 12 am and stay untill 7 lol, thats what i do on black friday
      I don't intend to be going anywhere near a store. I pre-ordered on AT&T while it was still possible to do so.
    1. PristineAura's Avatar
      PristineAura -
      I got this today, so I'm guessing I'm fine? Or did everyone get this, and then get a cancel email?

      Censored,
      Order Number: Censored
      CTN: Censored

      Thank you for your order. Your iPhone4 pre-order has been received and is being processed
      in the order it was received. You do not need to take any action. You will receive an email from
      us if we need any additional information.

      You can track your order online by entering your order number at www.wireless.att.com/order_status
      or by calling our automated system at 877-782-8870.

      Please note: Your order status may not be available if your order was placed within the past 24 hours.


      Thank you,
      AT&T

      You have received this service message because you are a valued AT&T customer. Replies to this email
      are not received by a live person.
      You can read our Privacy Policy for more information about how we use information.


      I got this 1 day after the confirmation email..
    1. AKChris82's Avatar
      AKChris82 -
      lol..I blame BOTH..Apple for not setting a Limit and for At&t not ASKING ..them for a set limit. I'm sure they weren't aware of the HUGE..Amount of pre-order's since i doubt most people had a Contract ending my 12/2010. Either way I got mine in on Tuesday round 2pmish SO...with THAT..AND..I'll be getting my UNLIMITED POWER!!!!! OF DATA..I'll I need to worry bout is 6/24, since i WON'T need to be there too pick up the phone..lmao..it's ALL Good.But Apple should have set a Limit on the amount they wanted to pre-order. Anything that deals with Iphone, is ALWAYS..gonna Bring headaches..lmao..I'm Just glad I got my done..lmao.
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      I ordered mine thru the ATT store, but I told them send it to my home. I love my life too much to be that day close to an ATT store.
    1. Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
      Happy Noodle Boy -
      You guys pre-ordering from Best Buy, you DO realize they have no control about how many units each store gets and that they'll only be able to handle pre-orders on a first come, first serve basis? Hell, they went out and said they can't even guarantee they'll get the units by the 24th...
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
      You guys pre-ordering from Best Buy, you DO realize they have no control about how many units each store gets and that they'll only be able to handle pre-orders on a first come, first serve basis? Hell, they went out and said they can't even guarantee they'll get the units by the 24th...
      Oh oh somebody is going to kill somebody...
    1. partycove's Avatar
      partycove -
      Has any one check there bank. I did the day I order on the 15th and they took the money out. I check today an they put the money back into my acct.... Weird.
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      Quote Originally Posted by partycove View Post
      Has any one check there bank. I did the day I order on the 15th and they took the money out. I check ftoday an they put the money back into my acct.... Weird.
      If they put your money back to your account that means that is possible that your order was canceled, they are not going to give you that iphone for free. I think is better if you call somebody or check your order status.
    1. partycove's Avatar
      partycove -
      I got online and check the order status. It all looked good there order date say
      6-15-2010 status say in progress. Guess I will call them later today.
    1. Eagleye's Avatar
      Eagleye -
      Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
      I'm glad I didn't try to preorder. It's too much of a hassle. I'll let the furor die down, wait for the jailbreak/unlock, let them work out the bugs first.
      AGREED. Im pretty content with my 3GS for now. Not worth the hassle. Still waiting on a 64GB model... and my contract to be up. No way im paying $499 for that phone.

      Quote Originally Posted by AKChris82 View Post
      lol..I blame BOTH..Apple for not setting a Limit and for At&t not ASKING ..them for a set limit. I'm sure they weren't aware of the HUGE..Amount of pre-order's since i doubt most people had a Contract ending my 12/2010. Either way I got mine in on Tuesday round 2pmish SO...with THAT..AND..I'll be getting my UNLIMITED POWER!!!!! OF DATA..I'll I need to worry bout is 6/24, since i WON'T need to be there too pick up the phone..lmao..it's ALL Good.But Apple should have set a Limit on the amount they wanted to pre-order. Anything that deals with Iphone, is ALWAYS..gonna Bring headaches..lmao..I'm Just glad I got my done..lmao.
      ARE...you...really.. LAUGHING.. your...@$$.. off... every.. time.YOU!!.. TYPE!!!.. lmao?!!?
    1. Daps's Avatar
      Daps -
      Quote Originally Posted by partycove View Post
      Has any one check there bank. I did the day I order on the 15th and they took the money out. I check today an they put the money back into my acct.... Weird.
      What you probably saw earlier was a auth hold. They checked to make sure you had the funds in your account, held it for a day or so. Other places do that but the hold falls over rather quickly(mins/hours) or all you see if $1.

      If the transaction had debit or a debit code then they did take the money. If it only stayed at pending they never took the money and put it in their account, it was an auth and hold for that amount. It will go against your available funds and as far as the banks G/L is concerned those funds aren't available to you at the moment.

      You should be able to check your transactions memo. If you have a debit for the amount and then a credit back for that amount then they did take funds and returned them.

      If you don't then all you saw was a hold that was pending, it fell off. Apple will recharge you for the phone when it ships and that one may show pending for a little while depending on your bank and then move to debit.