• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • [EXCLUSIVE] iPhone 4 ONLY in Black Initially


    Another of our AT&T sources has let us know AT&T's latest iPhone 4 release info.

    Apparently (see above image emailed to AT&T employees) the iPhone 4 will ONLY be available in black for pre-orders and launch. The initial lineup will be the 3G[S] in 8GB, and the black iPhone 4 at 16GB and 32GB.

    The white 16GB and 32GB iPhone 4 will be available "later this summer."

    iPhone 4 pre-orders being tomorrow (specific time has not been announced, but the iPad started being available on apple.com around 3-4AM PST when it was available for pre-order).

    Of course this is only through AT&T, but it doesn't seem Apple would short-change their partner in distributing the devices - no official word from Apple on the release of the iPhone 4 yet other than what we've already released - launch the 24th, pre-order the 15th.

    Looks like maybe their production warehouses didn't get those white ones done in time. Either that, or only enough for Apple themselves to sell.

    UPDATE 9:16 AM EST: Well, this about confirms it:

    This article was originally published in forum thread: [EXCLUSIVE] iPhone 4 ONLY in Black Initially started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 321 Comments
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      ^ lawl. We need a top ten fail post list.
      i count more like 18
    1. IMIX's Avatar
      IMIX -
      I just went to my local store coz online wasn't working.
      They are ONLY offering black iPhones for preorder, and I got to keep my unlimited plan with the new 2 yr. contract.
      They will not accept debit cards, only credit cards.
      Good luck!
    1. xyx's Avatar
      xyx -
      well I was going to go and try a couple locals stores, but it seems that black is only offered for pre-orders everywhere. Hopefully a date on white will be uncovered sometime today.
    1. mlauth's Avatar
      mlauth -
      Our local radio shack doesnt start pre-orders until 1pm, which is ok. They will put your name on a list of first come first get and will give you a pin number for when you come pick it up on the 24th. The manager was telling me that they may open at 7am on the 24th to hand out the phones, but if your name is on the list they will keep the phone for you to pick up at any time. I might use Radio Shack every year now
    1. p3eps's Avatar
      p3eps -
      I was undecided between the black or white. Black is a safe bet. The white 3Gs' got filthy when they scratched and dirt ingrained.
      I was tempted by the white 4G as the back is glass and shouldn't scratch.

      However - my UK Applestore pre-order made my mind up... black or black!!
      32gb Unlocked Black iPhone 4G now ordered and paid for
    1. piston597's Avatar
      piston597 -
      FML... I was on att website, got the phone in my cart... clicked checkout... input my info and when i clicked place order it said site under maintenance!!!!!! I checked my credit card, it wasnt charged no confirmation!!!!! 3 hours of trying...
    1. p3eps's Avatar
      p3eps -
      Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
      FML... I was on att website, got the phone in my cart... clicked checkout... input my info and when i clicked place order it said site under maintenance!!!!!! I checked my credit card, it wasnt charged no confirmation!!!!! 3 hours of trying...
      Keep trying!
      I had the same thing this morning. I got as far as paying twice, and both times it failed. The UK store went down for around an hour, and then it worked no problem.
      They've already taken the money off my credit card!!
    1. ihaz3g's Avatar
      ihaz3g -
      yeah white is better cause the finger prints arent as noticible but either way the black iphone with white bumper
      (iphone 4 case) and the white iphone with black bumper will both look sick!
    1. domanads2k4's Avatar
      domanads2k4 -
      Quote Originally Posted by IMIX View Post
      I just went to my local store coz online wasn't working.
      They are ONLY offering black iPhones for preorder, and I got to keep my unlimited plan with the new 2 yr. contract.
      They will not accept debit cards, only credit cards.
      Good luck!
      They will be taking debit cards if they can be ran as credit and must have a visa logo on them
    1. ProjectGSX's Avatar
      ProjectGSX -
      I pre-ordered at Best Buy. They were taking pre-orders for white phones. I mentioned that white wasnt supposed to be available. They told me that if that was the case, I may not get a phone on launch day if I preorder one. So, I went with black.
    1. lkailburn's Avatar
      lkailburn -
      So we are certain that the white version is NOT available at all on the 24th? Someone told me they preordered white at best buy and it will be vailable to pick up on the 24th
      -Luke
    1. ErikiPhone's Avatar
      ErikiPhone -
      This whole thread looks absolutely crazy to me!) It is amazing how good is Steve at mass manipulation!) Why so hurry?! Say you get this gadget on 24 but the biggest part of the apps are not available yet- this thing without its software is almost useless)
    1. wstcoast's Avatar
      wstcoast -
      I went to my local Apple store today and asked if they were going to have the white one on launch day and was told no. This blows!!
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by ErikiPhone View Post
      This whole thread looks absolutely crazy to me!) It is amazing how good is Steve at mass manipulation!) Why so hurry?! Say you get this gadget on 24 but the biggest part of the apps are not available yet- this thing without its software is almost useless):
      Why hurry?
      The original iPhone 3G had BL5.08 which had an exploit that means the BB can be downgraded - Apple fixed that within a week.
      The original 3GS had an iBoot that enabled untethered JB which Apple fixed a few months later (until Spirit came along).

      Apple have a habit of fixing exploits quickly, iPhone 4's bought on the first day will have all available exploits, if Apple know about the exploits they are likely to fix them very quickly so people who buy their phones later might not be able to JB / Unlock as easily if at all.
    1. bavdrftr318's Avatar
      bavdrftr318 -
      are there gonna be any white anywhere or what?
    1. xyx's Avatar
      xyx -
      or what
    1. ramicio's Avatar
      ramicio -
      i bet the white ones are delayed because of the titanium dioxide shortage. since all this crap to stimulate the economy has been going on recently, there have been a lot of new road projects, and they have had shortages of paint because of that pigment. i really wouldn't see any other reasons for a more difficult manufacture.
    1. ErikiPhone's Avatar
      ErikiPhone -
      Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
      i bet the white ones are delayed because of the titanium dioxide shortage. since all this crap to stimulate the economy has been going on recently, there have been a lot of new road projects, and they have had shortages of paint because of that pigment. i really wouldn't see any other reasons for a more difficult manufacture.

      I bet you are right!)
      But honestly I belive that's the way they are going to boost another wave of sales and hysteria about their product.
    1. ramicio's Avatar
      ramicio -
      Quote Originally Posted by ErikiPhone View Post

      I bet you are right!)
      But honestly I belive that's the way they are going to boost another wave of sales and hysteria about their product.
      yea that too. they roll out only black, and have no info on when white will be coming, so people who want white will suffice and get black, and then when the white comes out they will buy a white one.
    1. nc3g's Avatar
      nc3g -
      I think white iPhones are pretty much like white sunglasses...

      (I'm an old guy though...)