• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • New Features in iPhone Firmware 3.1 beta 3
    Firmware 3.1 beta 3 (build 7C116a ) went live yesterday along with the associated SDK (build 9M2808). These betas available for developers registered in the iPhone Developer Program gives us a good look at what is next in Apple's iPhone firmware.

    3.1 beta 3 allows video to be sent via email.



    Other updates to beta 3 include a baseband update to 5.11.04, various tweaks to APIs, and tethering usage feature added.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New Features in iPhone Firmware 3.1 beta 3 started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 252 Comments
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ydenyse View Post
      I thought you guys were talking about Cydia apps. Though, I won't lie, I do have a mix of paid and cracked apps on my phone.

      Also, how do cracked apps break cables? The cables stopped working as soon as I was flashing to 3.0, before jailbreak. Luckily a friend had extra iPod cables and gave them to me, and those work fine. I don't know what to do with my 3 USB cables, and a/c adapter.
      LOL I was only half joking about the cables
    1. Ydenyse's Avatar
      Ydenyse -
      Quote Originally Posted by captjap View Post
      It was defly the cracked apps breaking the cables. It happened to a friend of mine named Betty. She downloaded a cracked version of Scrabble and her Iphone cable broke during the sync. Betty tried different computers but her cables kept breaking. She isn't rough on the cables, in fact she uses a nice soft touch to with using the cables.
      Holy crap, I do have Scrabble on my phone. But how come my real iPhone cables don't break, only the cheap ones? And how come my iphone charger doesn't work either? Luckily my car charger still works though.
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      lol
    1. kainisable's Avatar
      kainisable -
      Quote Originally Posted by captjap View Post
      It was defly the cracked apps breaking the cables. It happened to a friend of mine named Betty. She downloaded a cracked version of Scrabble and her Iphone cable broke during the sync. Betty tried different computers but her cables kept breaking. She isn't rough on the cables, in fact she uses a nice soft touch to with using the cables.

      So Im guessing your the same guy who said masturbation causes blindness and hairy palms
    1. baadshah12's Avatar
      baadshah12 -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      ^ You should be punished for your crimes. The alternative for you is stealing? WOW. By the way we are referring to 3.1 B3 not 3.0
      You are very strange, have u never ever downloaded a movie or music?? thats called stealing aswell. And btw, if this ting you are saying will happen, then bye bye to cydia, cause then cydia apps will also not work if this wont.

      And i really hope crack apps will work, cause i love it, cause its free.
    1. oscar25's Avatar
      oscar25 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thu6 View Post
      fuk that paste vid shhh.. gimme my gdamn mms already
      I don't think mms is a firmware thing is it? Isn't that all AT&T?
    1. captjap's Avatar
      captjap -
      Betty was using the cheap cables. She upgraded to longer thicker cables that could handle her needs. She hasn't had a problem since.

      ^
      It's true ask Betty. Betty never tells a lie.
    1. oscar25's Avatar
      oscar25 -
      Quote Originally Posted by captjap View Post
      It was defly the cracked apps breaking the cables. It happened to a friend of mine named Betty. She downloaded a cracked version of Scrabble and her Iphone cable broke during the sync. Betty tried different computers but her cables kept breaking. She isn't rough on the cables, in fact she uses a nice soft touch to with using the cables.
      How would cracked apps or the new firmware break your cables? Probably just too much use or don't buy the ****** ones.
    1. s-max's Avatar
      s-max -
      Quote Originally Posted by oscar25 View Post
      I don't think mms is a firmware thing is it? Isn't that all AT&T?
      Yes it is. We have had MMS since OS 3.0 was released here in the UK on O2.
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by baadshah12 View Post
      You are very strange, have u never ever downloaded a movie or music?? thats called stealing aswell. And btw, if this ting you are saying will happen, then bye bye to cydia, cause then cydia apps will also not work if this wont.

      And i really hope crack apps will work, cause i love it, cause its free.
      Every app, and mp3 on my computer and iPhone I paid for. The problem is that you look at the AppStore apps like they are from Apple and you don't mine stealing from a large company. The problem is that most of the apps you are stealing are from small app developers like myself.

      Would you be ok with someone removing a couple bucks from your paycheck because they think its justified? Have you ever had to tell your children that your sorry that the electrical got cut off? What you are doing is stealing. Don't try to justify it. I know its easy to steal when you don't have to look your victim in the face.


      BTW Cydia apps and appstore apps execute different on the os
    1. Ydenyse's Avatar
      Ydenyse -
      DOES IT MATTER WHAT APPS YOU ARE STEALING? YOU ARE A THEIF AND A DBAG. THIS FORUM DOES NOT SUPPORT WAREZ SO GTFO haha -SB
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      @Ydenyse

    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      ^ +1 No matter how you try to justify it, it is still stealing, theft.
      How you choose to live your life and your moral values is a decision we all must make. Karma, what goes around comes around. OMG
    1. kainisable's Avatar
      kainisable -
      I Suspect StealthBravo has an iTunes full of pirated music and apps, you guys remind me of gay bashers wishing they could come out the closet, the people who pirate apps WERN'T going to buy them in the first place so claiming the app creators are losing money is BS
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post
      I Suspect StealthBravo has an iTunes full of pirated music and apps, you guys remind me of gay bashers wishing they could come out the closet, the people who pirate apps WERN'T going to buy them in the first place so claiming the app creators are losing money is BS
      Do you really believe that? My goodness, sad.
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post
      I Suspect StealthBravo has an iTunes full of pirated music and apps, you guys remind me of gay bashers wishing they could come out the closet, the people who pirate apps WERN'T going to buy them in the first place so claiming the app creators are losing money is BS
      Ok, your argument is idiotic. So based on your logic, I would never buy a Porsche so its alright for me to take it from the dealership to just drive occasionally? Seriously?

      Where do you draw the line on stealing?

      Do you feel like shoplifting is a victimless crime also?
    1. Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
      Happy Noodle Boy -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      Ok, your argument is idiotic. So based on your logic, I would never buy a Porsche so its alright for me to take it from the dealership to just drive occasionally? Seriously?

      Where do you draw the line on stealing?

      Do you feel like shoplifting is a victimless crime also?
      No, you see, since apps (and movies/music) are digital and not in the REALM OF THE PHYSICAL, it's entirely different and beyond punishment.

      (they're idiots)

      PS: My music collection is over 5000 songs, all legally bought eighter through the iTMS or ripping it myself from CD's I buy. I have a smaller collection of DVD's, but I make up for that with a Netflix account. If I really like the movie, I buy it. And apps are SO DAMN CHEAP it absolutely boggles my mind how someone refuses to pay $0.99 for a game or app.

      If you skip going to the movies one night you just saved enough money to buy 10-15 apps. Make a sandwhich rather than going to the fast-food joint of your choice and you just saved enough money to buy a couple more apps! I mean, for the most part, the industry is slowly embracing the internet so it's really confusing why people still pirate the way they do.

      The only argument for pirating apps I won't immediately throw away is the "trying before buying". Even with lite version, the App Store has no real way to try an application to see if it's worth it. And while there are dozens of reviews, videos, and screenshots, I do understand that some people rather try something themselves to see if it's worth the money.
    1. marys25's Avatar
      marys25 -
      I don't care about anything else.. i just want MMS to finally work on my AT&T phone!! I've been waiting for 2 years for that B***h to work!!
    1. kainisable's Avatar
      kainisable -
      I would not shoplift because it too risky and not worth it, and by the way how did you go from downloading apps to stealing a car, that is not a reasonable example,

      you can sell apps without even seeing the person so how can you feel bad, how can you call something selling if you still have the product yourself, it should be call leasing apps or selling rights to use the app, which i think is itself thievery, since we can never own the stuff what's the fuss about, these people are trying to get off of these apps claiming hard work, YEAH RIGHT each app maker should get a flat fee of a couple hundred dollars thats it

      Capitalist!!!!
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
      No, you see, since apps (and movies/music) are digital and not in the REALM OF THE PHYSICAL, it's entirely different and beyond punishment.

      (they're idiots)
      I see. LMAO. Morally its the same thing. A thief is a thief

      Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post
      I would not shoplift because it too risky and not worth it, and by the way how did you go from downloading apps to stealing a car, that is not a reasonable example,

      you can sell apps without even seeing the person so how can you feel bad, how can you call something selling if you still have the product yourself, it should be call leasing apps or selling rights to use the app, which i think is itself thievery
      OK, if it makes you sleep better at night. I do hope someone in accounting steals some money from your paycheck everyweek. They don't have to look you in the face so its not a big deal.