• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • ultrasn0w is out - 3.0 Unlocked!


    The DevTeam has released ultrasn0w! Unlocking your 3.0 iPhone or iPhone 3G is super easy now - just turn off 3G, open up Cydia, add their repo, and install ultrasn0w. Done!

    For all who are going to ask - NO THIS DOES NOT WORK ON THE IPHONE 3GS, SINCE THE IPHONE 3GS IS NOT JAILBROKEN YET. WHEN THAT HAPPENS WE'LL LET YOU KNOW.
    1. Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to cydia or icy
    2. Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
    3. Reboot your iPhone 3G
    4. T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
    5. Enjoy





    DevTeam blog
    This article was originally published in forum thread: ultrasn0w is out - 3.0 Unlocked! started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 411 Comments
    1. w0by's Avatar
      w0by -
      Ok so now I have the built in MMS and Tethering working on Tmobile USA. Thank you so much Dev Team!!!!!!
    1. Freshumz's Avatar
      Freshumz -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      I kept my sim card in.
      Thanks for the reply. This site is really responsive and helpful I am happy Im apart of it.
    1. r0me0ne's Avatar
      r0me0ne -
      Everything is working good now with tmobile us, the only thing that is not working is my mms, even after I applied the settings

      Fir those of you that got the mms to work, any advice would be greatly appreciated
    1. GrandMstrBud's Avatar
      GrandMstrBud -
      Quote Originally Posted by Edgarh16 View Post
      im not sure what it was i did i uninstalled ultrasnow restarted the phone installed ultrasnow again restarted the phone and then i entered the epc.tmobile.com and then it worked now im just haveing problems with mms and i got tethering to work from this link SiNfuL iPhone | Enable Tethering on your iPhone and click on your service provider hit install and then install again its suppose to make mms work as well but havent had any luck with that just tethering working
      What if our carrier is not AT&T or T-Mobile? There use to be an ipcc file you could load via itunes but it will not let you select that file type on 8.2. Any other ways to enable tethering?
    1. gumby579's Avatar
      gumby579 -
      Quote Originally Posted by r0me0ne View Post
      Everything is working good now with tmobile us, the only thing that is not working is my mms, even after I applied the settings

      Fir those of you that got the mms to work, any advice would be greatly appreciated
      Did you reboot? My settings were'nt working at first but after a quick reboot everything was good.
    1. bobright's Avatar
      bobright -
      is this for 3G only or 2G as well?

      or should i use redsn0w instead for a 2G?
    1. gumby579's Avatar
      gumby579 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
      is this for 3G only or 2G as well?

      or should i use redsn0w instead for a 2G?
      ultrasn0w is only for 3G. If you're using a 2G, then redsn0w will suffice.
    1. Turb02's Avatar
      Turb02 -
      Im having some serious issues. It keeps flashing "no sim card installed" then it comes back with edge, then to 3G then it drops to searching, then no service and then back to 3G. Im still on ATT and I cant send MMS either.

      I was hoping this would fix my MMS issues but it doesnt seem to be worth anything if you plan to stay with ATT. Can this be reversed by just removing Ultrasn0w?
    1. sleek's Avatar
      sleek -
      Works Great here in GH A.K.A GHANA...works well with all the GSM networks here ie: MTN,VOLDAFON GH,ZAIN & TIGO..BRAVOOO DEV-TEAM!!!!!!!!!!
    1. iPWNKilla's Avatar
      iPWNKilla -
      can anyone confirm if they have been able to SEND & RECEIVE MMS messages? I used this guide [ame=http://www.*****************/showthread.php?t=14]How to Enable Tethering & MMS on 3.0 - SiNfuL iPhone Forums[/ame] and I can SEND MMS messages but I can't RECEIVE them yet. I am on T-Mobile USA


      Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
      Im having some serious issues. It keeps flashing "no sim card installed" then it comes back with edge, then to 3G then it drops to searching, then no service and then back to 3G. Im still on ATT and I cant send MMS either.

      I was hoping this would fix my MMS issues but it doesnt seem to be worth anything if you plan to stay with ATT. Can this be reversed by just removing Ultrasn0w?
      Do you have a PIN CODE on your SIM CARD? I was having those same issues until I removed the PIN CODE from my SIM CARD.
    1. adrian1480's Avatar
      adrian1480 -
      back again. just wanted to confirm that the following:
      Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
      so that I'm clear:

      As a WINDOWS user, I:

      0.) Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed and do a regular upgrade to 3.0

      1.) Run redsn0w to jailbreak 3.0

      2.) Disable my 3G signal in Settings

      3.) Add the ultrasn0w repo to Cydia, then install Ultrasn0w

      4.) Restart phone

      5.) Enable 3G

      6.) Profit

      correct?
      does work. Cheers.
    1. potatoedude's Avatar
      potatoedude -
      Can someone help me? Well when I try installing the complete upgrade for cydia it keeps saying Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on essential. So the two packages that cannot be downloaded are Cydia Installer and Debian Packager. I didn't really think much about it, so I added the source repo666.ultrasn0w.com and tried installing ultrasnow but when I was stilling it the same error popped up "Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on essential."
    1. adrian1480's Avatar
      adrian1480 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mista Brothason View Post
      oh lawd, you have issues

      http : // repo666 . ultrasn0w . com
      actually, there is a small issue with Cydia's repo adding.

      if you add an invalid repo, it won't appear in your repo list, but will generate errors every time you try to add any other repo. it's weird. The first time I added the repo, I typed an "o" instead of a ZERO in ultrasn0w and even though I've since added the correct repo and even though "ultrasnow" doesn't appear as a repo that needs to be removed, Cydia remembers I tried to add it.

      oh well.

      Quote Originally Posted by potatoedude View Post
      Can someone help me? Well when I try installing the complete upgrade for cydia it keeps saying Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on essential. So the two packages that cannot be downloaded are Cydia Installer and Debian Packager. I didn't really think much about it, so I added the source repo666.ultrasn0w.com and tried installing ultrasnow but when I was stilling it the same error popped up "Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on essential."
      [ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204517]Cydia Internal Error - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]

      the things Google can find for you.
    1. Turb02's Avatar
      Turb02 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPWNKilla View Post
      can anyone confirm if they have been able to SEND & RECEIVE MMS messages? I used this guide How to Enable Tethering & MMS on 3.0 - SiNfuL iPhone Forums and I can SEND MMS messages but I can't RECEIVE them yet. I am on T-Mobile USA




      Do you have a PIN CODE on your SIM CARD? I was having those same issues until I removed the PIN CODE from my SIM CARD.
      Not on the card, just on the phone. Can it be reversed by simply removing Ultrasn0w? I gotta have 3G as its my lifeline while im at work. The only reason I tried it was to see if I could get MMS to work that way(on ATT) I followed the instructions on the thread to get MMS to work (put sim in older phone and call to get the plan changed) and that didnt work...

      Thoughts?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
      back again. just wanted to confirm that the following:

      does work. Cheers.
      Why did you turn off 3G? You only do that if you are on T-Mob in the USA - and if you are you should not have turned it on again after!
    1. iPWNKilla's Avatar
      iPWNKilla -
      Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
      Not on the card, just on the phone. Can it be reversed by simply removing Ultrasn0w? I gotta have 3G as its my lifeline while im at work. The only reason I tried it was to see if I could get MMS to work that way(on ATT) I followed the instructions on the thread to get MMS to work (put sim in older phone and call to get the plan changed) and that didnt work...

      Thoughts?
      Hmmm well just go back into Cydia and remove ultrasn0w then. Reboot your phone afterward.
    1. shabz_de_don's Avatar
      shabz_de_don -
      Quote Originally Posted by her16832 View Post
      I added the repo to cydia and it says bad repo repo666.yellowsnow.com. I know that its a 0 and not an o but thats the error i get. After that I do a search and find ultrasn0w installs with no error reset the phone and it says no sim even though I put the t-mobile sim in the phone. What can I do. Should I restore and start from scratch???
      its repo666.ultrasn0w.com ( 0 is a number not a letter )
    1. GrandMstrBud's Avatar
      GrandMstrBud -
      Okay I tried this, [ame=http://www.*****************/showthread.php?t=14]How to Enable Tethering & MMS on 3.0 - SiNfuL iPhone Forums[/ame] and I get the message to enable tethering to contact the carrier.
    1. potatoedude's Avatar
      potatoedude -
      nvm I just used icy ty anyways
    1. shabz_de_don's Avatar
      shabz_de_don -
      this is for tethering on uk carriers

      hope this helps guys

      Enable Internet tethering on iPhone 3.0 for free [Updated]

      EDIT: actually has most carriers worldwide!

      click thanks if this helped