• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Dr. Dre May Appear at June's WWDC, Say Sources


    Ahead of the weekend, news emerged suggesting that Apple is close to sealing the deal on its largest acquisition in company history.

    CNBC reports that Apple may plunk down $3.2 billion to acquire Beats Electronics, the headphones maker and music streaming operator.

    If all goes as planned, Apple may have two new executives to introduce to the stage next month when its annual developers conference kicks off on June 2nd. Beats creators Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre are the two gentlemen to whom the rumors allude. And it doesn't sound like these two will have a nominal role either. In fact, their important work could be very consequential in the years ahead.

    Both are expected to join Apple in yet-to-be confirmed executive roles. One person said Iovine would likely oversee all of Apple’s music strategy and handle relationships with labels and publishers.
    Dr. Dre, as some will remember, has always enjoyed a positive relationship with Apple. Dr. Dre even had a cameo at an Apple event ten years ago (via live video link) to congratulate Steve Jobs on the upcoming launch of Apple's iPod and the iTunes store.

    Source: Billboard
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Dr. Dre May Appear at June's WWDC, Say Sources started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 13 Comments
    1. glgbnaf's Avatar
      glgbnaf -
      Oh god why????

      I would not think apple paid him to go, he paid apple!! I think he's a boost mobile dude anyways??
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Quote Originally Posted by glgbnaf View Post
      Oh god why????

      I would not think apple paid him to go, he paid apple!! I think he's a boost mobile dude anyways??
      Lmao. I read a couple other articles that he won't see a dime from that money. The way the contracts were wrote out with the other creators.
    1. Jokadaking's Avatar
      Jokadaking -
      Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
      Lmao. I read a couple other articles that he won't see a dime from that money. The way the contracts were wrote out with the other creators.
      Well DR. Dre owns 65% stock so I don't think your words hold much water!
    1. hemptation's Avatar
      hemptation -
      Well. Maybe he can do a couple of songs while he is there. I would pay for that
    1. flash66's Avatar
      flash66 -
      All publicity for people that actually will pay so much money for the worst high end priced headphones ever, which are much comparably to a bargain $50.00 set. Compared to Bose in actual sound quality, only an idiot that buys for the name owns a pair of Beats. If you actually listened to both side by side, Beats, really suck! Also the Bose are at the same price point.
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      If this follows through then we know apple is no longer the right phone for people as it will clearly not be targeted towards whites.
    1. Donnutt's Avatar
      Donnutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
      All publicity for people that actually will pay so much money for the worst high end priced headphones ever, which are much comparably to a bargain $50.00 set. Compared to Bose in actual sound quality, only an idiot that buys for the name owns a pair of Beats. If you actually listened to both side by side, Beats, really suck! Also the Bose are at the same price point.
      Hell, Beats suck when compared with my $100 Grados. I really wish Apple had bought a company like Grado Labs, Bose, or Sennheiser, one that would be actually worthy of being paired with Apple products... Oh well. I wouldn't by Beats anyway.
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
      Hell, Beats suck when compared with my $100 Grados. I really wish Apple had bought a company like Grado Labs, Bose, or Sennheiser, one that would be actually worthy of being paired with Apple products... Oh well. I wouldn't by Beats anyway.
      My 10$ SkullCandy are of higher quality than studio beats. My bro uses them and I compared them on the same song and the quality was such f****** s*** that it was hysterical.
    1. njp316's Avatar
      njp316 -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      If this follows through then we know apple is no longer the right phone for people as it will clearly not be targeted towards whites.

      Lol maybe samsung will make a "whites only" phone for your backwards ***
    1. Jokadaking's Avatar
      Jokadaking -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      If this follows through then we know apple is no longer the right phone for people as it will clearly not be targeted towards whites.
      You sound racist right now! Haven't you learned anything from Donald Sterling? Shut your mouth and keep your dumbass opinions to yourself!
    1. glgbnaf's Avatar
      glgbnaf -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jokadaking View Post
      Well DR. Dre owns 65% stock so I don't think your words hold much water!
      He has stocks??? Really good that said maybe he can do better then Tim cook lol
    1. glgbnaf's Avatar
      glgbnaf -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jokadaking View Post
      You sound racist right now! Haven't you learned anything from Donald Sterling? Shut your mouth and keep your dumbass opinions to yourself!
      Not racist just the facts!!!

      Quote Originally Posted by Jokadaking View Post
      You sound racist right now! Haven't you learned anything from Donald Sterling? Shut your mouth and keep your dumbass opinions to yourself!
      Don't like it he and u can go back to Africa or where u came from

      Quote Originally Posted by Jokadaking View Post
      You sound racist right now! Haven't you learned anything from Donald Sterling? Shut your mouth and keep your dumbass opinions to yourself!
      Oh Donald sterling rules said it how it should be get over it