• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Image Leak Reveals New iPad Air Design?


    Feast your eyes upon what we're told is the next-generation iPad Air.

    Dutch blog onemorething.nl was the first outlet to obtain and publish the photos that supposedly depict the front casing for the refreshed iPad Air, which is expected by some analysts to launch in Q3 of 2014.

    If the shots are legit, it should be noted that the front panel design reveals the LCD and cover glass assembled as one unit. This suggests that the LCD screen and its protective glass may be integrated into a single panel. The effect of this design, of course, would mean a thinner frame when compared to the current generation iPad Air.

    Chemical bonding is old hat for iPhone designs, but this would be a whole new ballgame for the design of an iPad. All told, it's just the latest purported attribute coming to the refreshed iPad, along with an A8 processor and an optimized infrastructure to support iOS 8.

    Unlike the speculation surrounding iPhone 6, it is not believed that Apple will raise price of its next-gen iPad Air models.

    Source: BusinessInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Image Leak Reveals New iPad Air? started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Just give us the FingerPrint Reader and we'll be happy thank you.
    1. Noodles46's Avatar
      Noodles46 -
      The iPad air is already thin. With that extra space they have let's hope they put a Better battery (even though the iPads already got a great battery life) since they're gonna majorly increase the cost of screen repairs lets also hope they put a hell of a lot stronger glass.
    1. Evaded's Avatar
      Evaded -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Just give us the FingerPrint Reader and we'll be happy thank you.
      +1
    1. hitman10's Avatar
      hitman10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Just give us the FingerPrint Reader and we'll be happy thank you.
      Finger print scanner is a joke. If you want a toy then to Toys-R-Us or buy a scanner and usb it to your computer.

      And The iPad is a actually a good size, i lifted my moms ipad 4 and almost dropped it, it was so heavy!
    1. spectrum's Avatar
      spectrum -
      +1
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
      Finger print scanner is a joke. If you want a toy then to Toys-R-Us or buy a scanner and usb it to your computer.

      And The iPad is a actually a good size, i lifted my moms ipad 4 and almost dropped it, it was so heavy!
      Are you serious?!?! Obviously you don't understand how great TouchID is in the business world. Companies requiring a passcode makes it a pain when we constantly have to slide then enter a code. TouchID (along w/ VirtualHome) makes accessing your iPhone FASTER than having to 'Slide to Unlock.'

      In fact, I'd prolly have a passcode w/ VirtualHome installed just so I could bypass 'Slide to Unlock' even if my company didn't require it!

      I'm tempted to go so far as to say that you don't even know what you're talking about! Sorry...
    1. hitman10's Avatar
      hitman10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Are you serious?!?! Obviously you don't understand how great TouchID is in the business world. Companies requiring a passcode makes it a pain when we constantly have to slide then enter a code. TouchID (along w/ VirtualHome) makes accessing your iPhone FASTER than having to 'Slide to Unlock.'

      In fact, I'd prolly have a passcode w/ VirtualHome installed just so I could bypass 'Slide to Unlock' even if my company didn't require it!

      I'm tempted to go so far as to say that you don't even know what you're talking about! Sorry...
      It's great when a know it all comes on forums.. I don't even know what i'm talking about.. Now your complaining about having to slide then enter a code..and you ask im serious. Sounds like someone is serious spoiled.. what are you to lazy to wipe your own a*s too, and what get up to turn on a light when your iphone can do it for you.. get real. It takes 2 seconds, if anything apple should come out with a after you unlock 1x its unlocked for the next [inset mins here]. And you said I don't know what i am talking about.. sorry Ha GTFOH.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
      It's great when a know it all comes on forums.. I don't even know what i'm talking about.. Now your complaining about having to slide then enter a code..and you ask im serious. Sounds like someone is serious spoiled.. what are you to lazy to wipe your own a*s too, and what get up to turn on a light when your iphone can do it for you.. get real. It takes 2 seconds, if anything apple should come out with a after you unlock 1x its unlocked for the next [inset mins here]. And you said I don't know what i am talking about.. sorry Ha GTFOH.
      Nice retort...😐

      Soooo, do you or do you not have TouchID?
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      I really don't care for full sized iPads. In my opinion they are overall way too large and just an nuisance. I would rather have an iPad mini but we all know soon they will make an even smaller iPad that's totally not just an iPhone. Apple needs to go back to innovation and stop dwelling in crap that they already made dozens of times.

      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Nice retort...😐

      Soooo, do you or do you not have TouchID?
      I agree with him. Touch ID is trash. Unless they manage to fix it in iOS 8 and make it actually useful for people like me who have fingerprints that aren't often unreadable, it's just a toy.

      And as for the business aspect, it's not really that useful. Not to mention, why don't you own a personal iPhone alongside a s*** business one. I don't understand that in people. I would never just use a business phone. That's just f****** stupid.
    1. Christophxr's Avatar
      Christophxr -
      Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
      Finger print scanner is a joke. If you want a toy then to Toys-R-Us or buy a scanner and usb it to your computer.

      And The iPad is a actually a good size, i lifted my moms ipad 4 and almost dropped it, it was so heavy!
      ... No.
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      I'm on the fence with Touch ID, sometimes it's a nice fast way to get into my iPhone, other times it just doesn't work and I end up putting my pass code in after three failed scans...so I could go either way. If Apple made it better that would be awesome.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      I really don't care for full sized iPads. In my opinion they are overall way too large and just an nuisance. I would rather have an iPad mini but we all know soon they will make an even smaller iPad that's totally not just an iPhone. Apple needs to go back to innovation and stop dwelling in crap that they already made dozens of times.



      I agree with him. Touch ID is trash. Unless they manage to fix it in iOS 8 and make it actually useful for people like me who have fingerprints that aren't often unreadable, it's just a toy.

      And as for the business aspect, it's not really that useful. Not to mention, why don't you own a personal iPhone alongside a s*** business one. I don't understand that in people. I would never just use a business phone. That's just f****** stupid.
      So....because TouchID (assuming you have it) doesn't work for you, it makes the technology useless to the rest of the world? That's brilliant!

      What else is brilliant are the comments you made about a business phone... Apparently, you think anyone using an iPhone for business needs to, instead, start carrying around a completely separate phone (that's a POS) for business!?!?

      Am I understanding these two points correctly?

      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      I'm on the fence with Touch ID, sometimes it's a nice fast way to get into my iPhone, other times it just doesn't work and I end up putting my pass code in after three failed scans...so I could go either way. If Apple made it better that would be awesome.
      While it's true that TouchID isn't perfect, do you spend more or less time unlocking your phone? Overall, I spend FAR less time than before.
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      So....because TouchID (assuming you have it) doesn't work for you, it makes the technology useless to the rest of the world? That's brilliant!

      What else is brilliant are the comments you made about a business phone... Apparently, you think anyone using an iPhone for business needs to, instead, start carrying around a completely separate phone (that's a POS) for business!?!?

      Am I understanding these two points correctly?
      Not at all actually. I'm saying there are a lot of people in the world who have hardly readable fingerprints that can't really use the d*** thing. There are even more people who just have problems with the scanner in general because it's trash.

      And to the second point I'm saying if you have a phone for business, no matter what it is, you should never f****** use it as your primary phone. I'm sure if you have a job that can give you a f****** smartphone to carry you can afford to purchase your own personal smartphone.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      Not at all actually. I'm saying there are a lot of people in the world who have hardly readable fingerprints that can't really use the d*** thing. There are even more people who just have problems with the scanner in general because it's trash.

      And to the second point I'm saying if you have a phone for business, no matter what it is, you should never f****** use it as your primary phone. I'm sure if you have a job that can give you a f****** smartphone to carry you can afford to purchase your own personal smartphone.
      I'm not sayin the scanner is perfect (after all, it's the FIRST of its kind) but for a new technology, it worx awesome! I can't speak for others but my current prints that I saved have worked great for the last couple months. I just had to learn the best ways to input my prints.

      My work pays for my phone but why would I ever want to carry two phones?!?! I have an iPhone for convenience; having two defeats that purpose, right? Same goes for TouchID, it (generally) provides more convenience for the user. Basically, any feature found in a smartphone (minus the phone) is for our convenience!

      If 'privacy' is the concern, then I'm not worried about all that propaganda! I have a concealed carry license so big brother already has everything about me on file. Plus, I highly doubt my multi-billion dollar company worries about what a guy making less than six figures is doing on his phone!!!

      Paranoia will destroy ya!