• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Cirrus Logic Production Issues Raise Speculation About Possible New Apple Device


    Cirrus Logic, one of Apple's better known component suppliers, is at the center of swirling speculation about the possibility of Apple working on a yet-to-be released new product. Cirrus, which supplies audio chips for Apple's iOS devices, is believed to be encountering manufacturing problems and other setbacks related to an Apple product.
    Cirrus late Thursday said it had determined an earlier test for a particular function of a new audio product--which analysts assume is for Apple--was insufficient to guarantee that all products met a certain standard. After a more rigorous test was developed, Cirrus found fewer working chips than previously expected, with that yield loss rising as volumes increased.
    It is highly doubtful that the device in question is the iPhone 5, as there is little or no credible evidence to suggest that production may have already begun on the 5th generation handset. Could it be the iPad 2? Possibly. But sources contend that further production delays may inhibit "product launch." The second-generation tablet, as we know, is already here, and there's no reason whatsoever to suspect that the iPad 3 is in production.

    Do where does this leave us? Perhaps Apple is readying an iPod refresh of some sort. Or, as the case may be, Apple could be developing a new "new audio product" the likes of which we presently cannot envision. Either way, Cirrus Logic is telling us that something is in the works. It just isn't clear yet if that "something" is anything to really get excited about.

    Source: Dow Jones Newswires
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Cirrus Logic Production Issues Raise Speculation About Possible New Apple Device started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 33 Comments
    1. MonsIg74's Avatar
      MonsIg74 -
      A gaming console??
    1. PathKiller29's Avatar
      PathKiller29 -
      just plain manufacturing on already existing products?
      may be they just decided to change some specs of an already excitant product
    1. foolish813's Avatar
      foolish813 -
      A new ladies sex toy with an iPod Nano screen and mini Bose speakers... just saying.

      Can't you hear the ladies talking smack, now? "I don't need no man, I got my i______."
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      What ever it is how exciting!
    1. kuhndsn's Avatar
      kuhndsn -
      Its either the igun or the icar... ;-)




    1. rkswat's Avatar
      rkswat -
      Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
      Its either the igun or the icar... ;-)




      If I was drinking milk I'm sure it would of been pouring out of my nose at this point
    1. alexevo's Avatar
      alexevo -
      Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
      I can't put my finger on it but something about this photo looks like it might be fake...
    1. Murseman@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
      iTase. It would incorporate tasing with you're favorite music. Relax and protect "yo-self". I think I just invented the next add on to the iDevice. Talk-n-tase.... Text-n-..... You get the point.

      Murseman


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. letmusicring's Avatar
      letmusicring -
      We most likely have no idea what it is. Apple won't tell us, and unless something big leaks, we won't know 'til its release.

      This is assuming it's actually a new product.
    1. RICO_'s Avatar
      RICO_ -
      Margarita machine?
    1. Quaddy's Avatar
      Quaddy -
      florences mother?
      Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
      Margarita machine?
    1. RICO_'s Avatar
      RICO_ -
      It's a stamp that self-regenerates its ink and never runs out.
    1. skj8100's Avatar
      skj8100 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Kmac View Post
      I'm thinking that apple is Either thinking about making a wrist watch iPod or iPhone similar to what was mentioned the other day by modmyi. Most likely it is something that will most likely replace iPhone.. Honestly I feel like it's going to be a new leap onto the future... But are we sure that this idea was overseen by Steve jobs?
      Trust me...we're all sure Steve Jobs still oversees EVERYTHING. That's not going to change anytime soon. I don't care what you hear. And did you say REPLACE iPhone? There is nothing ANYTIME SOON that is going to replace the iPhone...by apple or anyone else...except a NEW VERSION iPhone. But that won't be here until fall.

      —And finally, about the wristwast deal...that was something that "synced" with your iPhone that displays what is going on on your iPhone itself. (for lack of a better destiption by myself anyway...)

      Quote Originally Posted by foolish813 View Post
      The clues are all over the place guys. It's an Apple hand held gaming device. Similar to the PSP's and DS's of the time. But rest assure it will be Applized (a whole lot better). Maybe that's where the slide out on the iPhone 5 comes from. A Playstation Phone type of control pad.
      Happy speculating.
      Until Jobs is dead (probably not even then) the iPhone WILL NOT have a physical keyboard. And why do so many not realize for the most part "Applized" as you so affectionately call it just means OVERPRICED, (unless like the iphone it can be subsidized) pretty and underpowered with a decent, well made UI. (with very few exceptions) and before I get flamed by fanboys I'm typing on one of the few exceptions...iPhone 4.