If you're looking to simplify your iOS 7 Lock Screen, or customize what does and doesn't show up, then check out a new jailbreak tweak called BetterLS by iOS developer Aaron Thomas.
With this tweak, you will be able to hide or show just about anything on the Lock Screen, as well as adjust the spacing of certain items. You will find a new preferences pane in the Settings application where you can configure all of the options to your liking:
The options include:
- Changing the style of the Status Bar
- Enabling a better grabber feature
- Showing and hiding album art/media controls
- Choosing a custom distance between elements on the Lock Screen
- Choosing a custom distance from the top of the screen
- Changing the style of the slide to unlock text
- Hiding or showing various Lock Screen items including grabbers, slide text, and more
With the flexibility the tweak gives you, you have a lot of wiggle room to make the Lock Screen as minimalistic as you like it, which for some, is useful for widgets and other Lock Screen items.
If you would like to give BetterLS a try, it's available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.50. The tweak requires iOS 7 to be installed.
Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
Developer: Aaron Thomas
Editor's Rating: 4/5