• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Top Gaming PR Executives Heading to Apple


    Rumor has it that top PR executives from Activision and Nintendo are heading over to Apple according to a new report coming out of MVC. Apple clearly intends to focus more attention on the merits of iOS gaming with these new hires.

    Rob Saunders, the head of PR at Nintendo UK, will shortly be joining Apple to focus on PR for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Saunders has had a hand in some of Nintendo's most successful console launches including the Wii and Nintendo DS. He's been with Nintendo for the past seven years, and is more than qualified to join Apple and handle PR for them.

    Apple also appears to have lured away Nick Grange from his PR are duties at Activision. Grange has had a long and fruitful career, working for some of the biggest names in the world of video gaming including Electronic Arts and Microsoft. In 2007 he joined Activision where is currently the European PR director.

    It's currently unclear what new roles Saunders and Grange will play at Apple. Although Apple is a relative newcomer to the gaming market, one thing is certain, however, the industries heavy hitters clearly see Apple as a threat to their market dominance. Smart phone gaming has risen and 43 percent, while sales of Nintendo DS and Sony PSP games has fallen by 13 percent, according to a December 2010 report by Interpret. Hopefully, Apple will put this new talent to good use and continue to innovate and improve iOS gaming for everyone.

    Source: MCV
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Top Gaming PR Executives Heading to Apple started by Wiley John Wright View original post
    Comments 33 Comments
    1. Mr. Russian's Avatar
      Mr. Russian -
      wow I hope some new good games will be released


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. iliveudie's Avatar
      iliveudie -
      That could be awesome!!!
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      I have always wanted to play Super Mario Brothers on the iPhone maybe it might happen someday!
    1. A3gOwner's Avatar
      A3gOwner -
      Old news... Sorry. Read about this days ago.
    1. alexevo's Avatar
      alexevo -
      Nice move by Apple. That's the kind of talent they need to make the platform more robust in the gaming department.

      Might I also suggest they try to hire Nokia engineers to assist them in battery improvements? I've read up on the Nokia E55 getting over 16 hours of continuous talk time on 3G and that would certainly be a welcome improvement. I'm tired of playing battleship and depleting my battery 10% for every 15 minutes of gameplay.
    1. glassJAw's Avatar
      glassJAw -
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      I have always wanted to play Super Mario Brothers on the iPhone maybe it might happen someday!
      You don't use the nes emulator?
    1. ifabian's Avatar
      ifabian -
      Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
      Old news... Sorry. Read about this days ago.
      Agree,about 2-3 day old news
    1. delusion950's Avatar
      delusion950 -
      Mm
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      I have always wanted to play Super Mario Brothers on the iPhone maybe it might happen someday!
      Me tooo
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      We don't need your stupid comments here, if it's old news then don't click on the subject. It's new to some people like me! Get a life.*
    1. creasy425's Avatar
      creasy425 -
      Hiring someone from the activision higherarchy=how do we not pay a studio for the stellar game they made for us (cough) infinity ward (cough).
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      I have always wanted to play Super Mario Brothers on the iPhone maybe it might happen someday!
      That won't ever happen (officially/legally) until Nintendo goes under and even then they'd probably take their franchises with them
    1. rlowride's Avatar
      rlowride -
      Yeah, I too am tired of all these old news comments!
      I'm glad you can scan the web for every apple site! I can't... I have a job and a family...
      I hit MMI once or twice a day....
      That's it!
      I enjoy the news articles I get here.
      I have noticed alot less news lately and it's ticking me off..
      These guys probable aren't posting as many news stories because of the few people who make those stupid comments...
      Get a life and let me enjoy
      My MMI too!
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      I have always wanted to play Super Mario Brothers on the iPhone maybe it might happen someday!
      No it never will as it's a Nintendo exclusive.
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Oh and thinking PR/Marketing Execs is gonna make great games come to iOS is like thinking that if Apples Marketing Exec went to Microsoft that they'd start making better/Apple-esque products.

      If Apple was hiring developers from Nintendo and Activision then you might be able to get excited for better games.
    1. Axecaster's Avatar
      Axecaster -
      I agree more with feidhlim. But, hot air helps persuade customers who don't otherwise do their own research.
    1. Tait's Avatar
      Tait -
      New games for idvices would be great. But I'd love to see an Apple iOS based gaming console. Think about it. It would just work.
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tait View Post
      New games for idvices would be great. But I'd love to see an Apple iOS based gaming console. Think about it. It would just work.
      Xbox360: Think about it. It just works
      PS3: Think about it. It just works
      Wii: Think about it. It just works
      How would an Apple games console "work" any more than the current consoles?

      I don't think Apple are serious about console/PC standard games. Their high end laptops and desktops don't have good graphics cards, as far as I know they don't let ATI/nVidia write the Mac OS drivers, they're happy with game dev just using "wrappers" around PC games instead of porting the game to OS X.

      Apple are happy to market iOS games with Angry Birds: {insert season/holiday/movie}
    1. Tait's Avatar
      Tait -
      Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
      Xbox360: Think about it. It just works
      PS3: Think about it. It just works
      Wii: Think about it. It just works
      How would an Apple games console "work" any more than the current consoles?

      I don't think Apple are serious about console/PC standard games. Their high end laptops and desktops don't have good graphics cards, as far as I know they don't let ATI/nVidia write the Mac OS drivers, they're happy with game dev just using "wrappers" around PC games instead of porting the game to OS X.

      Apple are happy to market iOS games with Angry Birds: {insert season/holiday/movie}
      Xbox 360 online play works? I beg to differ. Useless for on line play. Ps3 I can't comment on. Wii? Online play? Hmmm don't think so.

      Xbox360. Lag lag lag. Freeze freeze freeze. Crash crash crash. POC.
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tait View Post
      Xbox 360 online play works? I beg to differ. Useless for on line play. Ps3 I can't comment on. Wii? Online play? Hmmm don't think so.

      Xbox360. Lag lag lag. Freeze freeze freeze. Crash crash crash. POC.
      So your perfect console would be one that has perfect online?who cares about good games sure, as long as I can play all my iOS games that use touch screen controls....oh wait! (...I don't wanna hear "I'll use my iDevice as the controller", cos that's a stupid argument)

      Sounds like you've got a bad Xbox or crappy Internet. I've never experienced any down time, or lag on any console this generation.
      As for crashing and freezing, my MacBook and iPhone have crashed numerous times, my Xbox or Wii have crashed zero times.
    1. Tait's Avatar
      Tait -
      Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
      So your perfect console would be one that has perfect online?who cares about good games sure, as long as I can play all my iOS games that use touch screen controls....oh wait! (...I don't wanna hear "I'll use my iDevice as the controller", cos that's a stupid argument)

      Sounds like you've got a bad Xbox or crappy Internet. I've never experienced any down time, or lag on any console this generation.
      As for crashing and freezing, my MacBook and iPhone have crashed numerous times, my Xbox or Wii have crashed zero times.
      Yes perfect online play is what you should get for the money you pay for it.
      Who said anything about using an idevice for a controller. 50 Meg connection and a new xbox360 slim lag freeze crash = sh*ttie console.

      iPhone and MacBook Crashing? Sounds to me like you gave a crap Internet connection or you have no clue as yo what your doing on them.

      Mine run perfect