• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Popular Flappy Bird App Store Game Officially Removed From the App Store as Promised


    Yesterday, Dong Nguyen, the developer behind the highly popular Flappy Bird video game in the App Store, announced that he would remove Flappy Bird from the App Store after stating that he "cannot take this anymore."

    Following up with his promise, Flappy Bird has been pulled from the App Store by the developer on Sunday, February 9th, as pointed out by MacRumors.

    The pulling of the video game from the App Store comes off as surprising to many, considering the game's huge success. The game rocketed up to the top of the "Top Charts" section of the App Store in what seemed like no time at all. It also wasn't long ago that the developer, interviewed by The Verge, shared that the game, which was free in the App Store, was generating more than $50,000 per day in ad revenue.

    The game was also pulled from the App Store one day following an update that improved the game's graphical user interface and added a few new features for the player, including different bird colors and night and day themes.

    Those that already have the game on their devices can continue playing it, but for those that didn't download the game already, there is no longer a way to download it from the App Store. If you enjoyed the game, and want to make sure you don't lose it, one way to preserve your copy is to use the "transfer purchases" feature in iTunes to back up your copy that is installed on any of your iOS devices into your iTunes library. This will allow you to continue syncing it to your devices in the future.

    Sources: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Popular Flappy Bird App Store Game Officially Removed From the App Store as Promised started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 16 Comments
    1. Will719's Avatar
      Will719 -
      You can still get it here as of now I think https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flap...642099621?mt=8

      Gone as of 2/9/14 3:40
    1. gldoorii's Avatar
      gldoorii -
      Someone tell Dong to re-vamp the game with an animated version of himself, same gameplay, and call it "Flappy Dong"
    1. turdsmoka's Avatar
      turdsmoka -
      Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
      Someone tell Dong to re-vamp the game with an animated version of himself, same gameplay, and call it "Flappy Dong"
      I say call it "Crappy Bird"
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      He took that money and ran!
    1. camxposure's Avatar
      camxposure -
      never caught my interest- who knows why people download crap anyway- popularity is what gained it's interest to get ads on it
      i wonder how much time Ding Dong spent on it and what he made from the revenue it generated for the corporate giants already with money lined pockets!!!?
      thanks for all the development- but I'll continue to pirate
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by camxposure View Post
      never caught my interest- who knows why people download crap anyway- popularity is what gained it's interest to get ads on it
      i wonder how much time Ding Dong spent on it and what he made from the revenue it generated for the corporate giants already with money lined pockets!!!?
      thanks for all the development- but I'll continue to pirate
      If you don't think an app is worth one or two dollars then don't download it.
    1. tjELITE's Avatar
      tjELITE -
      Quote Originally Posted by camxposure View Post
      never caught my interest- who knows why people download crap anyway- popularity is what gained it's interest to get ads on it
      i wonder how much time Ding Dong spent on it and what he made from the revenue it generated for the corporate giants already with money lined pockets!!!?
      thanks for all the development- but I'll continue to pirate
      I thought it was a challenging quick pick me up type game. Also you can't really pirate a free app there matey. Plus when you go to those websites to download your booty (apps) you're just feeding those same corporate giants.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
      Plus when you go to those websites to download your booty (apps) you're just feeding those same corporate giants.
      Very true. Every illegitimate download host I've ever seen has five times as many ads as this game does. Then the ads are still in the game. Not sure what that guy's point is?
    1. qumahlin's Avatar
      qumahlin -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      He took that money and ran!
      He is still getting money from anyone still playing. This guy genuinely seems like someone who made this to see if he could, it got popular through some stupid buzz and he got overwhelmed with people telling him how bad the game is, how all the assets are stolen (which they aren't as much as people want to argue it), and how it shouldn't be making money. Out of all the crap games out there this guy got picked at random by someone on buzzfeed who reviewed it and the "crap" gameplay attracted more people.

      All this shows is if something is even mildly entertaining, and free, and you can get it in front of an audience, it will succeed to some extent. He basically got viral marketing he never wanted thanks to buzzfeed
    1. twahl3583's Avatar
      twahl3583 -
      Quote Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
      He is still getting money from anyone still playing. This guy genuinely seems like someone who made this to see if he could, it got popular through some stupid buzz and he got overwhelmed with people telling him how bad the game is, how all the assets are stolen (which they aren't as much as people want to argue it), and how it shouldn't be making money. Out of all the crap games out there this guy got picked at random by someone on buzzfeed who reviewed it and the "crap" gameplay attracted more people.

      All this shows is if something is even mildly entertaining, and free, and you can get it in front of an audience, it will succeed to some extent. He basically got viral marketing he never wanted thanks to buzzfeed
      Or the app came out almost 2 years ago and as a beginner developer had no intentions of anything. He's overwhelmed and is in complete shock. Give this guy a break. He lives in a time and place that doesn't look good for him to make thousands or millions. Keep your assumptions away.
    1. Slim J's Avatar
      Slim J -
      The app has been removed from the App Store but I was still able to find it in Google Play. The app won't show up if you do a search for it but you can still get it if you have a direct link to it. I'm not sure if it will be pulled eventually, but it's still up at the time I posted this

      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...appybird&hl=en

      EDIT: Never mind. It must be cached to my Google profile or something. If I log out, it won't find it but it will find it if I'm logged in to my Google account. It must of been pulled from Google Play but it still shows up if you previously downloaded it
    1. anig's Avatar
      anig -
      so why was it pulled??
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
      so why was it pulled??
      The developer wasn't comfortable with how popular it got for whatever reason.
    1. hitman10's Avatar
      hitman10 -
      And no one cares... next.
    1. iYeow's Avatar
      iYeow -
      Nope, can still download from AppStore if you already purchased it.
    1. teyon's Avatar
      teyon -
      If you missed Flappy Bird then check out Bird Mania. It's not another clone but it's just as addictive and frantic - https://itunes.apple.com/app/bird-ma...0648?ls=1&mt=8