• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Releases Safari 5.0.4 with Host of Tweaks


    On the heels of Apple releasing iOS 4.3, Safari 5.0.4 was also rolled out Wednesday. Delivering a number of stability tweaks relating to plug-ins, bug fixes, and compatibility upgrades, Safari 5.0.4 is here and available now for download from Apple and, of course, via Mac OS X via Software Update.

    - Improved stability for webpages with multiple instances of plug-in content
    - Improved compatibility with webpages with image reflections and transition effects
    - A fix for an issue that could cause some webpages to print with incorrect layouts
    - A fix for an issue that could cause content to display incorrectly on webpages with plug-ins
    - A fix for an issue that could cause a Screen Saver to appear while video is playing in Safari
    - Improved compatibility with VoiceOver on webpages with text input areas and lists with selectable items
    - Improved stability when using VoiceOver

    Safari, version 5.0.3, was released four months ago and similarly improved upon security and stability issues. Apple hasn't delivered a major update to Safari in almost ten months. The last Safari revamp came in June 2010 with the release of Safari 5.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Releases Safari 5.0.4 with Host of Tweaks started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 38 Comments
    1. Cowboy's Avatar
      Cowboy -
      Very cool
    1. punjabi212's Avatar
      punjabi212 -
      I'd rather use Chrome and Firefox.
    1. Cowboy's Avatar
      Cowboy -
      I use chrome personally but I like testing out new safaris
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Why does a little Safari update require a restart? So annoying
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Chrome is my fav, I love the design of safari but it's slow on my pc...
    1. matinm90's Avatar
      matinm90 -
      Is it just me or is it implicit that google has actual won the web browser war. I mean really I hardly see anyone using a web browser that isn't chrome. Who doesn't agree lol.
    1. ceris7356's Avatar
      ceris7356 -
      I use Chrome for windows but Safari on my Mac. But I have Safari Version 5.1 (7534.20.8) cause thats what came with Lion
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Quote Originally Posted by matinm90 View Post
      Is it just me or is it implicit that google has actual won the web browser war. I mean really I hardly see anyone using a web browser that isn't chrome. Who doesn't agree lol.
      I disagree. The current market share figures for Jan 2011 have IE at 43.5%, Firefox at 29%, Chrome at 13.89% and Safari at 6.18%
      I use Safari 99% of the time, then Firefox the other 1%. Everywhere I go I see people using Firefox, friends, at work, at college. I rarely see people using Chrome. I probably see more people using IE than Chrome.
    1. punjabi212's Avatar
      punjabi212 -
      People still use IE?!
    1. coolguy742's Avatar
      coolguy742 -
      Chrome FTW!
    1. EskimoRuler's Avatar
      EskimoRuler -
      Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
      People still use IE?!
      You have to think about all the computers out there people use for basic use. More than you think, and it comes with windows so even more people have it

      Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
      I disagree. The current market share figures for Jan 2011 have IE at 43.5%, Firefox at 29%, Chrome at 13.89% and Safari at 6.18%
      I use Safari 99% of the time, then Firefox the other 1%. Everywhere I go I see people using Firefox, friends, at work, at college. I rarely see people using Chrome. I probably see more people using IE than Chrome.
      I use firefox all the time but it's the same for me when I go places, firefox.
    1. that_girl's Avatar
      that_girl -
      I love Firefox for Mac.
    1. DevouredDreams's Avatar
      DevouredDreams -
      opera
    1. southfrisco's Avatar
      southfrisco -
      Nice to see updates every so often but yeah, I am not much of a Safari user.

      #1 Chrome for most browsing tasks (it is just too lightweight and speedy compared to the rest)
      #2 Firefox for when I want to use a certain plugin
      #3 IE (latest version) for work only
      #4 Safari very sparingly for desktop use if at all for major tasks but it is the only browser I use for mobile because I have an iPhone.
    1. moon#pie's Avatar
      moon#pie -
      Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
      Why does a little Safari update require a restart? So annoying
      Because it relies on parts of the core OS. Mainly webkit I believe.
    1. iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
      iNT3Rv3NTiONZz -
      Chrome chrome chrome!


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by matinm90 View Post
      Is it just me or is it implicit that google has actual won the web browser war. I mean really I hardly see anyone using a web browser that isn't chrome. Who doesn't agree lol.
      I disagree. At work I still see a ton of faculty using IE, the rest use Firefox. I prefer FF over Chrome, never use Safari unless I have no other choice.
    1. scroogelives's Avatar
      scroogelives -
      Quote Originally Posted by matinm90 View Post
      Is it just me or is it implicit that google has actual won the web browser war. I mean really I hardly see anyone using a web browser that isn't chrome. Who doesn't agree lol.
      I like chrome but don't like google and how they always seem to be collecting info with out consent also some reason a few site won't work with it where as all work with safari although it needs a good bit of speed injected
    1. Gazuga6176's Avatar
      Gazuga6176 -
      Used it for awhile today hoping it would out run my firefox, but no. And i'm on a mac! Come on apple.
    1. pachi1972's Avatar
      pachi1972 -
      Chrome def wins for me..Cloud syncing for bookmarks,extensions,apps...you can't beat chrome...