Apple Releases Safari 5.0.4 with Host of Tweaks
On the heels of Apple releasing iOS 4.3
, Safari 5.0.4 was also rolled out Wednesday. Delivering a number of stability tweaks relating to plug-ins, bug fixes, and compatibility upgrades, Safari 5.0.4 is here and available now for download from Apple
and, of course, via Mac OS X via Software Update.
- Improved stability for webpages with multiple instances of plug-in content
- Improved compatibility with webpages with image reflections and transition effects
- A fix for an issue that could cause some webpages to print with incorrect layouts
- A fix for an issue that could cause content to display incorrectly on webpages with plug-ins
- A fix for an issue that could cause a Screen Saver to appear while video is playing in Safari
- Improved compatibility with VoiceOver on webpages with text input areas and lists with selectable items
- Improved stability when using VoiceOver
Safari, version 5.0.3, was released four months ago and similarly improved upon security and stability issues. Apple hasn't delivered a major update to Safari in almost ten months. The last Safari revamp came in June 2010 with the release of Safari 5.