Many of you are likely familiar with FlagPaint, a popular jailbreak tweak by iOS development team HASHBANG Productions, that allows you to change the color tint of your notification banners depending on the colors of the application icon that the notification is for.
The same developers have just released FlagPaint7, which not only adds iOS 7 support, but also adds a number of new features. Not only will FlagPaint7 tint your incoming notification banners, but it will also tint your incoming notifications on the Lock Screen, as well as in Notification Center. Screenshot examples are provided below:
Because the color-tinting is system-wide, this tweak feels a lot like Coono, a tweak that we showed you yesterday, but it's obvious from the coloring techniques that both tweaks use completely different methods of tinting and that both tweaks offer different options of customization.
FlagPaint7 adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a few options:
From here, you can:
- Enable and disable the tweak on demand for:
- Notification Center
- Lock Screen
- Choose whether or not to have a larger application icon in the notification
- Choose to hide or show album artwork in any music-based notifications
- Enable or disable color gradients in banner notifications
- Enable or disable semi-transparency in banner notifications
- Enable or disable rounded corners in banner notifications
- Enable or disable text shadowing in banner notifications
- Hide or show the application icon in banner notifications
- Hide or show the grabber in banner notifications
- Hide or show the "Now" label in banner notifications
FlagPaint7 definitely appears to have a much more polished interface than Coono. FlagPaint has also been around longer, and FlagPaint7 just pushes the feature set over the top. If you want to give FlagPaint7 a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99¢. It's a free upgrade for those who already own FlagPaint, which is a separate package in Cydia altogether.
A Lite version of FlagPaint7 is also available in Cydia for free, but the free version only supports tinting banners, and not Lock Screen or Notification Center notifications.
Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
Developer: HASHBANG Productions
Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5