• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iOS 4.3 Gold Master Available for Developers


    Late yesterday Apple began pushing iOS 4.3 GM to Apple Developers in anticipation of the iPad 2 launch. Alongside this release is Xcode 4 to developers as well. iOS 4.3 will include personal hotspot features, a faster Safari, the new AirPlay features and a handful of other new features when it is launched March 11th.

    If your not a developer and interested in the iOS 4.3 GM, you'll be pleased to know that this release does NOT require your UDID to be set up as a developer.

    You can find download links online via google: Google

    The update is compatible with the iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and 3G and 4G iPod touch, and of course the iPad 2.

    Apple Developer
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 4.3 Gold Master Available for Developers started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 43 Comments
    1. spazturtle's Avatar
      spazturtle -
      Shock horror, ModMyi are suggesting people pirate the ipsw
    1. BenzoHartt's Avatar
      BenzoHartt -
      Thanks for the heads up! All we need now is the JB and a compatibility list! lol I'm gonna wait this one out for a little while. :-)
    1. i3urger's Avatar
      i3urger -
      Waiting for IP2 and jailbreak...
    1. Nick Hesson's Avatar
      Nick Hesson -
      Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
      Shock horror, ModMyi are suggesting people pirate the ipsw
      you can't "pirate" an iOS GM. lol

      I only said go search google Your on your own for the rest.
    1. Antman217's Avatar
      Antman217 -
      Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
      Thanks for the heads up! All we need now is the JB and a compatibility list! lol I'm gonna wait this one out for a little while. :-)
      Crap compatibilty! I total forgot about that... damn hopefully apple didn't change too many api's I really want the iTunes home sharing and faster safari.
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
      you can't "pirate" an iOS GM. lol

      I only said go search google Your on your own for the rest.
      Wow good looking out bro, I will test later.
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by i3urger View Post
      Waiting for IP2 and jailbreak...
      Be patient it will come bro
    1. steelersfan32's Avatar
      steelersfan32 -
      And from reports, apparently it's already been jailbroken. Tethered that is, but a jailbreak all the same.

      OT, 100th post!
    1. z3r01's Avatar
      z3r01 -
      Reports from where...
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
      Reports from where...
      Cult of Mac
    1. Assassination's Avatar
      Assassination -
      They need 4.3.1 battery life sucks! On MY IPHONE 4!
    1. son_of_satan666's Avatar
      son_of_satan666 -
      Dude check Redmond pie they'v already put up a guid for how to jailbreak 4.3 GM.. Using Pwnage tool.. But for iPhone 4 only..


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. joec2's Avatar
      joec2 -
      It sucks. No difference other than orientation/mute switch. No worth losing JB. I went back to 4.2.1 within an hour. Sad to see gestures was only in the betas, not GM and won't be in final release either.

      Idk if it works normal but I used iReb to put into DFU just to be safe I got not iTunes errors and did shift+restore.
    1. purplemonkeyspank's Avatar
      purplemonkeyspank -
      Quote Originally Posted by joec2 View Post
      It sucks. No difference other than orientation/mute switch. No worth losing JB. I went back to 4.2.1 within an hour. Sad to see gestures was only in the betas, not GM and won't be in final release either.

      Idk if it works normal but I used iReb to put into DFU just to be safe I got not iTunes errors and did shift+restore.
      Are the sloppy animations sorted out atleast in 4.3? 4.2.1gets really jittery opening and closing apps.
    1. kuhndsn's Avatar
      kuhndsn -
      Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post


      Late yesterday Apple began pushing iOS 4.3 GM to Apple Developers in anticipation of the iPad 2 launch. Alongside this release is Xcode 4 to developers as well. iOS 4.3 will include personal hotspot features, a faster Safari, the new AirPlay features and a handful of other new features when it is launched March 11th.

      If your not a developer and interested in the iOS 4.3 GM, you'll be pleased to know that this release does NOT require your UDID to be set up as a developer.

      You can find download links online via google: Google

      The update is compatible with the iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and 3G and 4G iPod touch, and of course the iPad 2.

      Apple Developer

      This release DOES require a UDID. The versions you are referring to MMI members seem to be released/shared illegally.

      I have a UDID and the specifics and dev requirements are the same. I cannot find anywhere that stated the requirement is no longer.
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Historically no GM has ever required a UDID for installation.
    1. mortopher's Avatar
      mortopher -
      Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
      you can't "pirate" an iOS GM.
      Care to explain why you can't?
    1. Rounder's Avatar
      Rounder -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      Historically no GM has ever required a UDID for installation.
      I was able to install on my iPad that does not have it's UDID registered. So I can back up what Poseidon states. No GM has ever required a UDID.
    1. GenesisDH's Avatar
      GenesisDH -
      Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
      This release DOES require a UDID. The versions you are referring to MMI members seem to be released/shared illegally.

      I have a UDID and the specifics and dev requirements are the same. I cannot find anywhere that stated the requirement is no longer.
      I put the GM on my friend's 3GS without issue. I did the same with the 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 GM on my 3GS and neither device's UDID were authorized to run the betas. There is no requirement for this release.

      The only reason why I haven't updated is the jailbreak. But with the 4 and iPod Touch 4th Gen already jailbroken as of 12amCST, it probably won't take long for jailbreak updates are for the 3GS and 3rd Gen touch.
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      4.3 looks pretty cool, hope we can get an untethered JB out soon