If you use your Calendar application a lot and want your upcoming events posted somewhere that you'll see all the time, then a new jailbreak tweak dubbed Calendar for Lockscreen by iOS developer VladMax Soft might be just what you're looking for.
Calendar for Lockscreen will post as many of your upcoming calendar events as you need to on your Lock Screen so that you'll always see them and always be prepared for them, as shown above.
The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the way that Calendar events show up on your lock screen:
You’ll be able to enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as configure any of the following settings:
- Choose how many dates in advance that events are allowed to show on the lock screen
- Choose how many events are allowed to show on the lock screen at once
- Choose to only display selected calendars
- Choose to hide or show the location of events
- Choose to force all events to display the same height for a clean appearance
- Choose to hide or show separator lines in between events
- Pick the text size and text color for events
- Pick the text size and text color for event locations
- Pick the text size, text color, and text alignment for event dates and times
- Choose the application icon style for the lock screen
- Enable or disable the wallpaper blur effect on the Lock Screen in iOS 7
For someone with a lot of upcoming Calendar events that doesn't want to go into their Calender application constantly to keep up with their upcoming events, this tweak is a great way to put all of your upcoming events in your face so that you'll always be reminded that they're coming. You can even swipe to the right on any of the events that show up on the Lock Screen to open up the event in the Calendar application.
With all of the customization options that you have with this tweak, you can really make it look the way you want it to. And let's not forget the useful functionality that this tweak gives you. We could certainly recommend this tweak to anyone that uses the Calendar application frequently. The only problem we see that could become an issue for some users is that the time of the events is sometimes cut off on the lock screen and makes if difficult to read.
If you want to give Calendar for Lockscreen a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99. The tweak is intended for iOS 7.
Name: Calendar for Lockscreen
Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4
Developer: VladMax Soft
Editor's Rating: . 4.5/5