• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Releases iOS 7.1 Beta 4


    On Monday, following speculation that iOS 7.1 beta 4 would soon reach developers, Apple surprised many by seeding the update.

    As of this writing, the update is available for download from Apple's developer website and, of course, over-the-air on test devices.

    So far, we're hearing that Beta 4 (build number 11D5134c) addresses a previously uncovered bug that was resulting in messages displaying a failure message shortly after they had been sent. Unfortunately, work still needs to be done in other areas. For example, per Apple's release notes, 32-bit apps running on a 64-bit device cannot attach to BTServer.

    A compatibility behavior has been added to address an issue where some web servers would send the wrong Content-Length value for “Content-Encoding: gzip” content. Previously, NSURLConnection and NSURLSession would send a “network connection was lost” / NSURLErrorNetworkConnectionLost (-1005) error in this situation.

    The compatibility behavior applies only if the Content-Length value exactly matches the expanded gzip’d content. It won’t apply for “off by 1” or similar miscounting.
    If all goes as planned, we hear that Apple should drop iOS 7.1 to the public sometime in March.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Releases iOS 7.1 Beta 4 started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 34 Comments
    1. docmagoo2's Avatar
      docmagoo2 -
      It does. Check @ih8sn0w on twitter
    1. iYeow's Avatar
      iYeow -
      Theoretically, you should be able to downgrade back to 7.0.4 as Apple is still signing and allowing 7.0.4 baseband. Try putting in dfu mode .
    1. claustin's Avatar
      claustin -
      Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
      Theoretically, you should be able to downgrade back to 7.0.4 as Apple is still signing and allowing 7.0.4 baseband. Try putting in dfu mode .
      You can from dfu or just by hitting restore in iTunes. I did it both ways (plus the "black screen" dfu mode) several times trying to get beta 3 to reboot while jailbroken without a boot loop. I'm now back on 7.0.4 though. Boot loop aside, some tweaks wouldn't install because they didn't recognize the 7.1 OS version, so it wasn't worth it.
    1. jigar7's Avatar
      jigar7 -
      Anyone tried any of the 7.1 beta versions on a 4S device? Is the wifi working or greyed out?
    1. novadam's Avatar
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by John_723 View Post
      Can anyone tell if this release patches the evasi0n iOS 7 exploit?
      seriously? that was answered three times before you asked. yes, it kills evasi0n.
    1. p1mpdog1's Avatar
      p1mpdog1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
      Sure...as long as Apple is still signing it..which they will until public 7.1 comes out..

      But!!! I don't believe you can restore a backup from beta in 7.0.4...

      I never restore from backup so someone else needs to validate that, that has...

      I've got confirmation from 1 person that can't restore a 7.1 beta backup to 7.0.4...
      You actually can your backup has to be on your Computer not icloud. Just make sure you have a 7.0.4 backup on your computer then go ahead and update to beta firmware if you wish. If you make a new backup of the beta firmware over the 7.0.4 all you need to do is:

      This thread is for all the people that updated to ios 7.1 beta 2 and aren't devs and can't get iTunes to restore their backup onto ios 7.0.4. (This includes me )

      1. Find the iTunes backup on your computer. ( on windows its located in CUsers\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup )

      2. Find the backup you want to restore. (It should be the one that has the latest modified)

      3. Download a free plist editor and go into the backup folder of the backup you wish to restore.

      4. Find the info.plist and open it with plist editor.

      5. Change the line "Product Version
      7.1"
      to
      Product Version
      7.0.4

      6. Save the plist file and do the same with the status.plist file

      7. successfully restore the ios 7.1 backup to a device running ios 7.0.4
    1. zeppy's Avatar
      zeppy -
      Quote Originally Posted by p1mpdog1 View Post
      You actually can your backup has to be on your Computer not icloud. Just make sure you have a 7.0.4 backup on your computer then go ahead and update to beta firmware if you wish. If you make a new backup of the beta firmware over the 7.0.4 all you need to do is:

      This thread is for all the people that updated to ios 7.1 beta 2 and aren't devs and can't get iTunes to restore their backup onto ios 7.0.4. (This includes me )

      1. Find the iTunes backup on your computer. ( on windows its located in CUsers\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup )

      2. Find the backup you want to restore. (It should be the one that has the latest modified)

      3. Download a free plist editor and go into the backup folder of the backup you wish to restore.

      4. Find the info.plist and open it with plist editor.

      5. Change the line "Product Version
      7.1"
      to
      Product Version
      7.0.4

      6. Save the plist file and do the same with the status.plist file

      7. successfully restore the ios 7.1 backup to a device running ios 7.0.4

      Will the above method work AFTER Apple STOPS signing 7.0.4?

      Anyone?

      Thanks in advance!
    1. xboxbml's Avatar
      xboxbml -
      That would be no...

      Unless someone figures out a way to fake it out like back in the good old days with custom ipsw...
    1. zeppy's Avatar
      zeppy -
      Thanks xboxbml

      That is a nice ride you have in your avatar picture. Fixing to install an iPad Mini dashboard dock to be able to use my new iPad Mini for navigation and more in a similar vehicle to yours.
    1. docmagoo2's Avatar
      docmagoo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
      That would be no...

      Unless someone figures out a way to fake it out like back in the good old days with custom ipsw...
      Why can't this be done? I know I don't have the skills to do so but if it was possible on previous models....
    1. xboxbml's Avatar
      xboxbml -
      All has to do with the way apple handles allowing restores...with newer hardware and software updates, it gets more difficult every time... I haven't seen a "re-restore" to lower firmware since around 5 something I think...on ip4 or 4s or lower...I don't remember exact details...a bit toasty right now... But it would take a lot of time, effort, and know how to do something like that, and I don't know if anyone has the time or resources to do it anymore...
    1. ThatOneProfile's Avatar
      ThatOneProfile -
      Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
      All has to do with the way apple handles allowing restores...with newer hardware and software updates, it gets more difficult every time... I haven't seen a "re-restore" to lower firmware since around 5 something I think...on ip4 or 4s or lower...I don't remember exact details...a bit toasty right now... But it would take a lot of time, effort, and know how to do something like that, and I don't know if anyone has the time or resources to do it anymore...
      Any device above the 4 cannot be downgraded. I have 5.1 shsh's for my iPad 3 and it can't be downgraded. The iPad 2 is an exception and can be downgraded to 4.xx only with the appropriate shsh's.
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
      You can from dfu or just by hitting restore in iTunes. I did it both ways (plus the "black screen" dfu mode) several times trying to get beta 3 to reboot while jailbroken without a boot loop. I'm now back on 7.0.4 though. Boot loop aside, some tweaks wouldn't install because they didn't recognize the 7.1 OS version, so it wasn't worth it.
      Since long ago I stopped fooling with development I never put Beta's on my phone anymore
    1. xboxbml's Avatar
      xboxbml -
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
      Any device above the 4 cannot be downgraded. I have 5.1 shsh's for my iPad 3 and it can't be downgraded. The iPad 2 is an exception and can be downgraded to 4.xx only with the appropriate shsh's.
      Right...but I thought someone had a re-restore option that would work in a 4s at some point..as long as u had blobs...I thought it was redsn0w...anyway...I think those days r long gone...