• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple to Begin Replacing Damaged iPhone 5c Screens in-store Next Week


    Broken screens are one of the most common issues that customers bring iPhones back to the Apple Store for. We are all familiar with the fact that one unlucky drop of any of our iOS devices can mean a shattered screen for life; unless, of course, we're willing to pay the pretty penny to have it fixed.

    Those that have an iPhone 5c with a damaged screen will soon be able to have only the screen replaced in Apple Stores, rather than having the entire handset replaced with another iPhone 5c handset.

    As our friends at 9to5Mac report, Apple plans to begin replacing screens instead of entire iPhone 5c units nationwide in Apple Stores on January 20th; this coming Monday, which happens to be Martin Luther King day. The replacement for the screen is much cheaper for the customer than having to get a whole new iPhone 5c, coming in at about $149, but is also less costly to Apple, as the screens are cheaper to produce than an entire iPhone 5c handset.

    Once Apple begins this program, if you're one of those unlucky iPhone 5c owners with a broken screen, all you'll need to do is set up an appointment at your local Apple Store, and the staff will gladly assist you in guiding you to the right place to go to have your screen replaced.

    Sources: 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple to Begin Replacing Damaged iPhone 5c Screens in-store Next Week started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
    1. BenderRodriguez's Avatar
      BenderRodriguez -
      Quote Originally Posted by Yutooman View Post
      so my friend actually broke his screen last week and went in and they told him to buy a new one for $269 on Tuesday or Wednesday I believe... he is gonna be pissed when he hears this. Do you think Apple will do anything about it if he goes back and argues?
      APPLE does a full refund if the customer is not happy with the product within 30 days of purchase HURRY

      Quote Originally Posted by Yutooman View Post
      so my friend actually broke his screen last week and went in and they told him to buy a new one for $269 on Tuesday or Wednesday I believe... he is gonna be pissed when he hears this. Do you think Apple will do anything about it if he goes back and argues?
      APPLE offers a 30 day money back guaranteed if not satisfied with the item HURRY
    1. jtsdad's Avatar
      jtsdad -
      The kiosk in my hometown mall will replace them for 85
    1. Yutooman's Avatar
      Yutooman -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      So he bought a new phone? or New screen? I would see him wining if only a screen, phone, no

      Why can't they do this for I4,4s,5 and 5s? Why just 5c?


      it was a new phone, brand new one
    1. Xx_Illusions_xX's Avatar
      Xx_Illusions_xX -
      Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      I can tell you first hand that the 4S is a total pain in the *** to replace. I had to basically take the entire thing apart to replace it. The 5 is much easier to replace the screen on.



      Uh, not really. I'm super careful with my phone and it popped out of my pocket one day and landed just right. Shattered my screen so I replaced it myself. Anyone can have a little bad luck.
      Oh I'm sure the phone just popped out of your pocket one day.

      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      Same here. +1 I wonder everytime is see ^^^teens(especially girls) shoving their phones in their back pockets and sit down.



      yes that's right, I have done one and it is a pain. Not that it's hard but keeping track of all the screws and what goes where and such.
      Most teenagers are extremely stupid.
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by Iteh_skyss View Post
      I believe the iPhone 4 screen isn't so easy to replace (I could be wrong) but I was under the impression the iPhone 4's screen and the display were attached together
      Hmm my friend broke the top glass on his 4 with the bottom screen intact? Thought they could be separated?

      Quote Originally Posted by Yutooman View Post
      it was a new phone, brand new one
      Then I do not hold high hopes, That was a discount since the full price was over 400 I thought
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
      APPLE does a full refund if the customer is not happy with the product within 30 days of purchase HURRY



      APPLE offers a 30 day money back guaranteed if not satisfied with the item HURRY
      That's incorrect, a replacement device is not the same. It's a service transaction not a sales transaction. Therefore no refund.
      Quote Originally Posted by Yutooman View Post
      so my friend actually broke his screen last week and went in and they told him to buy a new one for $269 on Tuesday or Wednesday I believe... he is gonna be pissed when he hears this. Do you think Apple will do anything about it if he goes back and argues?
      I would still go in and see if there is a credit that they can offer. Other than that your buddy is kind of outta luck..
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
      That's incorrect, a replacement device is not the same. It's a service transaction not a sales transaction. Therefore no refund.


      I would still go in and see if there is a credit that they can offer. Other than that your buddy is kind of outta luck..
      I agree with the first but the second:

      Do you expect Apple to give 100's of people all over the US a discount because they broke the phones screen and instead of getting a new screen they were given a 200 discount on a new phone? I don't get it? Now instead of $200 you want more? You think all of a sudden Apple should give you a new phone for $149? Really?
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      I agree with the first but the second:

      Do you expect Apple to give 100's of people all over the US a discount because they broke the phones screen and instead of getting a new screen they were given a 200 discount on a new phone? I don't get it? Now instead of $200 you want more? You think all of a sudden Apple should give you a new phone for $149? Really?
      I've seen it happen.
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
      I've seen it happen.
      I thanked you, It just seems to me some Iphone owners feel entitled

      "I upgraded last year so I should be able to this year when 8 to 10 months later Apple comes out with a new phone making mine a piece of trash, screw the 2 year contract talk"

      "I dropped my phone, or it fell off the desk, and the screen broke! Obviously its Apple's fault so I should have it fixed for almost free."

      My favorite mentality:

      "So you and all 4 people in your family have and love Iphones BUT you also have and love Windows PCs? You have to get rid of that piece of trash PC because it crashes all the time with thousands of viruses ( no matter if none of this is true…I can tell you after 30 years PC programing with windows in past and current Windows 7 no crashes and no viruses in the family) get a MAC its perfect no crashes no viruses and its worth every ( 2 to 3 times) penny it costs"

      I like to say I do not see this as a game, I do not believe the here-say and propaganda I live in a state of reality bliss.
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      I thanked you, It just seems to me some Iphone owners feel entitled

      "I upgraded last year so I should be able to this year when 8 to 10 months later Apple comes out with a new phone making mine a piece of trash, screw the 2 year contract talk"

      "I dropped my phone, or it fell off the desk, and the screen broke! Obviously its Apple's fault so I should have it fixed for almost free."

      My favorite mentality:

      "So you and all 4 people in your family have and love Iphones BUT you also have and love Windows PCs? You have to get rid of that piece of trash PC because it crashes all the time with thousands of viruses ( no matter if none of this is true…I can tell you after 30 years PC programing with windows in past and current Windows 7 no crashes and no viruses in the family) get a MAC its perfect no crashes no viruses and its worth every ( 2 to 3 times) penny it costs"

      I like to say I do not see this as a game, I do not believe the here-say and propaganda I live in a state of reality bliss.
      I hear ya, depends on the situation critically. What's your line of work if you don't mind me asking?
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
      I hear ya, depends on the situation critically. What's your line of work if you don't mind me asking?
      was IT back in 90's, went on into medicine.

      Thats why I got into Iphones, I had a palm in the early 90's and the early Androids were just too buggy for me So when I could afford an Iphone I bought a first gen (year 2 for Iphone) and then upgraded to the 3 later and never looked back.
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      was IT back in 90's, went on into medicine.

      Thats why I got into Iphones, I had a palm in the early 90's and the early Androids were just too buggy for me So when I could afford an Iphone I bought a first gen (year 2 for Iphone) and then upgraded to the 3 later and never looked back.
      Gotcha, cool beans. Loved my palm treo. Ha