The popular cloud storage service, Box, recently released a big update for its iOS client, bringing the app to version 3.0. This update includes an all-new UI design, real-time search for files and within files on top of a number of other improvements. As far as the redesign goes, Box says it has completely re-written the app from the ground-up with things like speed and easier navigation in mind. In version 3.0, documents render faster, photos load quicker and it sharing is much easier as well.
The release notes for version 3.0 of the iOS app state the following:
- Completely re-written app!
- New navigation and redesigned UI
- New preview experience for documents, photos and videos
- Faster document rendering and photo loading
- Real-time search (for files and within files)
- Better sharing and controls
- AirPrint, Bookmarks, and savings videos from Box to your library coming in future releases
To help sweeten the deal, Box says it is giving out 50 GB of free, lifetime storage space to anyone who downloads the new app within the next 30 days. For those of you who donít already know, that is 5 times the amount of space it typically gives users and 25 times the space competitors such as Dropbox offer for free.
Existing Box users should be happy with the recent update and those of you who arenít Box users might be enticed by the free 50 GB offer. Those of you considering trying the service and utilizing its iOS app can find the app in the App Store for both the iPhone and iPad available for free.