• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Evasi0n7 Gets Important Untether Security Fixes in New Version 1.0.4 Release


    It was only yesterday that the evasi0n7 untethered jailbreak tool for iOS 7.0-7.1 beta 3 was updated to version 1.0.3 for Mac OS X and Windows with a fix for reboot loop issues on the iPad Mini with retina display, and with support for iOS 7.1 beta 1, beta 2 and beta 3.

    Regardless, the evad3rs are still working hard to keep the jailbreak up to date with security and stability patches. On Sunday, the hacker team announced that they had released evasi0n7 version 1.0.4 for Mac OS X and Windows to the public.

    Version 1.0.4 of evasi0n7 deals mostly with security, as the change log tells us:

    - security fix: kernel payload now restores sysent table
    - security fix: code fix for bootstrap Cydia tar files verification
    In addition to security, the evad3rs' Tweet on Twitter reveals that the team has also added more important fixes for the iPad Mini with retina display dealing with the reboot loop problems that have been intermittent among a number of users.

    The evad3rs note that there is no need to re-jailbreak currently-jailbroken devices, as they will be releasing an updated version of the evasi0n 7.x Untether package for all users shortly. We will keep you updated on the progress of the untether package, but in the mean time, you can download the latest version of evasi0n7 from the download links below:




    Sources: evasi0n
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Evasi0n7 Gets Important Untether Security Fixes in New Version 1.0.4 Release started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      How come they don't push out the Cydia update at the same time? I know it may take some time for the repos to update, but it seems like they push out updates for evasion days after a computer version, going back to evasion 6.
    1. RockOn_23's Avatar
      RockOn_23 -
      Fixed the iPad mini Retina Cellular boot loop for me!
    1. flubberducky5's Avatar
      flubberducky5 -
      Does it finally work on 10.6.8?!?!?
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by flubberducky5 View Post
      Does it finally work on 10.6.8?!?!?
      Update your osx and it definitely will be compatible. Not many devs are going to support 10.6-8 anymore with mavericks being free and easy to update. Also, there aren't that many bugs in mavericks and you'll probably benefit from the memory/ energy improvements.
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      How come they don't push out the Cydia update at the same time? I know it may take some time for the repos to update, but it seems like they push out updates for evasion days after a computer version, going back to evasion 6.
      Hmmmmm, websites can be updated instantly, Cydia takes a refresh from Jay. I'm sure Cydia will have it soon.
    1. highboi's Avatar
      highboi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      How come they don't push out the Cydia update at the same time? I know it may take some time for the repos to update, but it seems like they push out updates for evasion days after a computer version, going back to evasion 6.
      I think Saurik has the final say so, considering it's hosted on his repo.
      Sure evasion can update the repo same time they update the site but that would require them having their own or have access to Saruik repo

      There was only one comment at the time I posted the comment above, all of a sudden 4 wild comments appeared
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      Update your osx and it definitely will be compatible. Not many devs are going to support 10.6-8 anymore with mavericks being free and easy to update. Also, there aren't that many bugs in mavericks and you'll probably benefit from the memory/ energy improvements.
      Not everyone can update to Mavericks but everyone can update to 10.7.5 as it still contains 32bit kexts for older Macs that have 32bit GPUs.
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      Not everyone can update to Mavericks but everyone can update to 10.7.5 as it still contains 32bit kexts for older Macs that have 32bit GPUs.
      Actually mountain lion and mavericks support more Mac configs than lion did. If it could run lion, it can run mavericks according to apple.

      Edit: Your right, there are like 2 models that supported lion that can't be updated. And I know some Macs can't be updated past 10.6.8. Might be time for a new Mac, if it isn't supported anymore and your technical enough to want to jailbreak.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      Actually mountain lion and mavericks support more Mac configs than lion did. If it could run lion, it can run mavericks according to apple.

      Edit: Your right, there are like 2 models that supported lion that can't be updated. And I know some Macs can't be updated past 10.6.8. Might be time for a new Mac, if it isn't supported anymore and your technical enough to want to jailbreak.
      The only Macs stuck at 10.6.8 are Core Duo and Core Solo based Macs, about 14 models. Many more are stranded at 10.7.5 because of the 32bit EFI. 10.8 dropped 32bit support so those with a 32bit EFI can't boot it. I have a Mac Pro 1,1 that is only supported up to 10.7.5 but I am running Mavericks using a modified Boot.efi and an upgraded GPU. There are more stuck at 10.7.5 than 10.6.8.
    1. jigar7's Avatar
      jigar7 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      How come they don't push out the Cydia update at the same time? I know it may take some time for the repos to update, but it seems like they push out updates for evasion days after a computer version, going back to evasion 6.
      I don't know if you've tried 'Curiosa' on the rpetri.ch/repo/
      Not really push updates, but it does give you push notifications for updates of packages that you might have installed.
    1. yamabamajama's Avatar
      yamabamajama -
      My phone crashed. It kept booting up then reset n go to the circular loading screen. I restored iOS 7 n rejailbroke w/ newest evasion. Do I need 2 install the Cydia substrate or previous packages or they already loaded with the newest jailbreak?
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by yamabamajama View Post
      My phone crashed. It kept booting up then reset n go to the circular loading screen. I restored iOS 7 n rejailbroke w/ newest evasion. Do I need 2 install the Cydia substrate or previous packages or they already loaded with the newest jailbreak?
      If you are prompted to upgrade when you launch cydia the first time then install it. You don't need cydia substrate unless you have a tweak that uses it.
    1. starkall's Avatar
      starkall -
      Why is it when I download evasi0n to my MB pro it won't open?

      I guess it says you need 10.7 OS but my mb pro is on 10.6.8 but says there's no update available.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
      Why is it when I download evasi0n to my MB pro it won't open?

      I guess it says you need 10.7 OS but my mb pro is on 10.6.8 but says there's no update available.
      Provided you can run 10.7, you have to pay for it so it doesn't show up as an update. What model MBP do you have?