• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 'StatusModifier' Adds Seconds and RAM Information to Your iOS 7 Status Bar


    For those that like seeing more information about their iOS device, rather than less, jailbreaking has always offered great solutions.

    A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed StatusModifier by iOS developer Firemoon777 allows iOS 7 users to add seconds to the digital Status Bar clock, as well as display the amount of free memory in the Status Bar to the right of the Status Bar clock, as shown above.

    The seconds, as well as the free memory indicator, update in real time every second.

    The tweak also adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where the user can either enable or disable showing seconds in the Status Bar clock, or enable or disable showing the amount of free memory in the Status Bar:



    If you want to give StatusModifier a try, it's available for free in Cydia's ModMyi repository. Notably, it's fully compatible with iOS 7 and 64-bit devices.

    Name: StatusModifier
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Firemoon777
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 'StatusModifier' Adds Seconds and RAM Information to Your iOS 7 Status Bar started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 39 Comments
    1. vartanarsen's Avatar
      vartanarsen -
      Why not add date as well?
    1. LaddersRCool's Avatar
      LaddersRCool -
      Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
      Why not add date as well?
      SBSettings does that already... you do have SBS dont you? if not go get it, its an amazing tweak that's been around forever.
    1. milder's Avatar
      milder -
      hi.
    1. iYeow's Avatar
      iYeow -
      Quote Originally Posted by LaddersRCool View Post
      SBSettings does that already... you do have SBS dont you? if not go get it, its an amazing tweak that's been around forever.
      Sbsettings isn't compatible yet ? I will go with this for now.

      Now I can see my RAM is 360mb with Cydia loaded.

      Cool
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      I dumped SBSettings in iOS 6 had a memory leak that the dev couldn't fix.
    1. docmagoo2's Avatar
      docmagoo2 -
      Not saying sbsettings is useless now, but ios7 implemented a lot of stuff mI used it for ie control centre!
    1. Christophxr's Avatar
      Christophxr -
      Quote Originally Posted by LaddersRCool View Post
      SBSettings does that already... you do have SBS dont you? if not go get it, its an amazing tweak that's been around forever.
      essential tweak*
    1. moveandstore's Avatar
      moveandstore -
      SBSettings is not working correctly on iOS7 yet.
      I like this, but would want the date on my phone as well.

      Very nice tweak.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      So I'm seeing that you guys run a very heavy tweak just to get the date in your status bar. I could just use an iWidget for that.
    1. kemalmurt's Avatar
      kemalmurt -
      Iwidget dont work yet on my i5...
    1. onski's Avatar
      onski -
      Been looking for tweak like this since sbsettings and there are couple more that does the same are not arm64 compatible yet.. Lots of great tweaks are now showing up in cydia, so far my 5s is running stable and like a beast i must say..
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Wow.. I too am hanging right around 350MB of RAM after a respring. I wonder what tweak/combo of tweaks on my 5S is killing 3/4 of my RAM??! I had an iPhone 5 JB on 6.1.2 FULL of tweaks and rarely went under 700MB of RAM.. Here's my list so far - all approved for 64bit.. Any thoughts at the most likely culprit?

    1. novadam's Avatar
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Wow.. I too am hanging right around 350MB of RAM after a respring. I wonder what tweak/combo of tweaks on my 5S is killing 3/4 of my RAM??! I had an iPhone 5 JB on 6.1.2 FULL of tweaks and rarely went under 700MB of RAM.. Here's my list so far - all approved for 64bit.. Any thoughts at the most likely culprit?

      same here WTF
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      After a full reboot you have about 501MB.. I could accept the notion that iOS 7 itself takes about 500 megs of RAM as compared to the 200 megs of RAM that iOS 6 took. But even after opening just the ModMyi forum app I quickly drop down to 358 megs of RAM. I disabled all other tweaks on my list for this test. So the only thing running now on my 5S is StatusModifier and the ModMyi forum app. Hovering at 354MB.. Ouchy..
    1. stratnik's Avatar
      stratnik -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      After a full reboot you have about 501MB.. I could accept the notion that iOS 7 itself takes about 500 megs of RAM as compared to the 200 megs of RAM that iOS 6 took. But even after opening just the ModMyi forum app I quickly drop down to 358 megs of RAM. I disabled all other tweaks on my list for this test. So the only thing running now on my 5S is StatusModifier and the ModMyi forum app. Hovering at 354MB.. Ouchy..
      Try cMemory from the app store, frees up RAM
    1. THE JAILBREAKER's Avatar
      THE JAILBREAKER -
      Quote Originally Posted by LaddersRCool View Post
      SBSettings does that already... you do have SBS dont you? if not go get it, its an amazing tweak that's been around forever.
      I love SBSettings! Couldn't live without it...
    1. badangie's Avatar
      badangie -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      So I'm seeing that you guys run a very heavy tweak just to get the date in your status bar. I could just use an iWidget for that.
      are there any iWidgets compatible with iOS 7 ? it's my first jailbreak so I need all the help I can get
    1. Nelson9937955's Avatar
      Nelson9937955 -
      Anyone know of a tweak in ios 7 to hide status bar clock or all info on status bar? Springtomize would do this but ofcourse not working with ios 7. I thought by name of this app I had found a solution but obviously not.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by badangie View Post
      are there any iWidgets compatible with iOS 7 ? it's my first jailbreak so I need all the help I can get
      Many. Click on the link in my signature to take you to a thread where they're listed and we are talking about it.

      Quote Originally Posted by THE JAILBREAKER View Post
      I love SBSettings! Couldn't live without it...
      Between iOS 7's enhancement's in the new Control Center and the tweak CCSettings… all of the functionality of SBSettings has been replaced for me. I don't need it anymore. And CCSettings is ready for iPhone 5s as well where SBSettings is not.

      Quote Originally Posted by stratnik View Post
      Try cMemory from the app store, frees up RAM
      It's not a tweak to free memory that I need.. as a simple respring will do that.. It's a monitor to figure out what's using so much RAM.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by badangie View Post
      are there any iWidgets compatible with iOS 7 ? it's my first jailbreak so I need all the help I can get
      Problem is that the tweak itself has not been updated yet. Once it is, most if not all iWidgets should work just fine.