• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 'Messages Customiser' Lets You Customize Your Messages App in iOS 7 to Your Liking


    With our iOS devices, text messaging and iMessaging might be one of the most used features of the devices. With that being said, it's nice to be able to make the Messages application our own, instead of having to deal with Apple's design.

    With a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed Messages Customiser by iOS developer Charlie Hewitt, you can customize several different aspects of the Messages application. Shown above, you can see how the tweak lets you make some subtle differences.

    Once you've installed the tweak, you'll find everything you need in the tweak's preferences pane, located in the Settings application:



    The preferences pane gives you the ability to change the color of outgoing SMS chat bubbles, the ability to change the color of outgoing iMessage bubbles, and the ability to change the color of incoming messages. In addition, you can change the tint of the application interface, and choose whether or not you want to use gradients in the application. For bubble colors and application tint colors, you are given all of the following choices:

    • Dark blue
    • Light blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Yellow
    • Orange
    • Pink
    • Purple
    • Teal
    • Dark gray
    • Light gray
    • Black

    In addition to coloring, the tweak lets you enable or disable the little tails that show on the chat bubbles, enable or disable contact pictures in the Messages application, and choose to enable or disable wider message bubbles to show more text per line.

    It is necessary to kill the Messages application from the App Switcher and re-launch it every time you make changes to the Messages application via the Messages Customiser preferences pane. If you don't, then you won't see any of your changes take effect.

    Messages Customiser seems to be a very promising solution for customizing your Messages application with a solid range of options available. If you want to give it a try, it's available for free in Cydia's ModMyi repository.

    Name: Messages Customiser
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Charlie Hewitt
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 'Messages Customiser' Lets You Customize Your Messages App in iOS 7 to Your Liking started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
    1. Sage I's Avatar
      Sage I -
      I Like the wide stretched out bubbles and the black, dark grey and light grey options... Looks good with the Bloard keyboard... Another theme helper without the use of winterboard... Is winterboard gonna be obsolete soon?
    1. Streebs87's Avatar
      Streebs87 -
      This app works great. I love the look of the blue iMessage bubbles so now being able to have them all the time is awesome. Plus like above post, the darker colors look nice with bloard.
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      The preference pane doesn't show up on my iPhone 5S on settings.
      Anyone else having this issue?
    1. jackson1714's Avatar
      jackson1714 -
      This didn't work on my iPhone 5. It made all messages dark blue. I tried to change via settings, closed the messages app and did a respring, nothing seemed to work. Anyone else having issues?
    1. iYeow's Avatar
      iYeow -
      Works perfectly on my i5 , thank you.
      Now I have Red on the other and mine is Blue, woo Hoo , love it.
    1. Streebs87's Avatar
      Streebs87 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
      This didn't work on my iPhone 5. It made all messages dark blue. I tried to change via settings, closed the messages app and did a respring, nothing seemed to work. Anyone else having issues?
      Did the same to me. In the settings for 'others bubbles' uncheck 'light gray' and recheck it. Same for other colors and options. Worked for me.
    1. rylen1031's Avatar
      rylen1031 -
      Excellent tweak, much better than stock! I just wish I could change the background which would complete it for me! Maybe an update in the near future? 😉
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      Awesome so many nice free tweaks coming out thanks
    1. gldoorii's Avatar
      gldoorii -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      The preference pane doesn't show up on my iPhone 5S on settings.
      Anyone else having this issue?
      Doesn't work for me either on my i5. Nothing shows up in Settings for me to configure and it made all my texts dark blue. I've resprung and rebooted my phone as well as reinstalled it from Cydia. Nothing.
    1. Checksum47's Avatar
      Checksum47 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
      Doesn't work for me either on my i5. Nothing shows up in Settings for me to configure and it made all my texts dark blue. I've resprung and rebooted my phone as well as reinstalled it from Cydia. Nothing.
      Yep. Same for me. Ive tried to uninstall and reinstall 2 or 3 times and it still wont show up in the setting pane where it should...
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
      Yep. Same for me. Ive tried to uninstall and reinstall 2 or 3 times and it still wont show up in the setting pane where it should...
      Install "preference loader" from Cydia, try once more, and it'll work.
      You're welcome.
    1. gldoorii's Avatar
      gldoorii -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Install "preference loader" from Cydia, try once more, and it'll work.
      You're welcome.
      Hm, searching for that in Cydia gave no results. Nevermind, had to change it to Developer. Thanks
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
      Hm, searching for that in Cydia gave no results. Nevermind, had to change it to Developer. Thanks
      No problem!
    1. Nyyankees's Avatar
      Nyyankees -
      Anyway to change the line on top that fills up as your sending the message mine is a grey i can hardly see
    1. franijose's Avatar
      franijose -
      Someone mentioned how he changed his setting to developer. How is that done?
    1. Nyyankees's Avatar
      Nyyankees -
      Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
      Someone mentioned how he changed his setting to developer. How is that done?
      Are you talking about cydia ? If so go to manage tab then settings top left
    1. rylen1031's Avatar
      rylen1031 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nyyankees View Post
      Anyway to change the line on top that fills up as your sending the message mine is a grey i can hardly see
      Pretty sure it changes to whatever color you have selected.. Mine is black to match bubble color I've selected..
    1. Nyyankees's Avatar
      Nyyankees -
      Quote Originally Posted by rylen1031 View Post
      Pretty sure it changes to whatever color you have selected.. Mine is black to match bubble color I've selected..
      Worked i had mine as grey for my outgoings and black for incoming but this did the trick
    1. rylen1031's Avatar
      rylen1031 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nyyankees View Post
      Worked i had mine as grey for my outgoings and black for incoming but this did the trick
      Glad to hear it worked for you!
    1. TwinSouls's Avatar
      TwinSouls -
      Works good or me on my iPhone 5s!