• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Steve Jobs Attends Dinner with Barack Obama and Tech Leaders


    President Barack Obama met with Silicon Valley executives on Thursday over dinner to discuss how to boost the US economy through technological innovation and increase the number of jobs in the United States. The dinner was held at the home of John Doerr a venture capitalist with the firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. The group was photographed while giving a toast and the picture was later released on the official White House flickr page.

    According to the White House, “The president and the business leaders will discuss our shared goal of promoting American innovation, and discuss his commitment to new investments in research and development, education and clean energy.”

    Apple CEO Steve Jobs, who has been on a medical leave of absence since January, sat next to President Obama, with Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg on the President’s right. Twitter chief executive **** Costolo was also in attendance. When asked about the dinner by another Twitter employee, his reply was simply, “@jess sadly no. i was in a part of the bay area where the tweets cant get in or out!”

    So far only two photos have been released from the dinner. Members of the media were not invited to the dinner, as this was a private affair. The only other picture to come out of the meeting was of President Obama talking to Mark Zuckerberg. One tech giant not in attendance was Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. It was later reported that he was not invited to the dinner because Microsoft is not located in Silicon Valley. Very little information has come out since the dinner on Thursday night.



    Source: The Washington Post
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Steve Jobs Attends Dinner with Barack Obama and Tech Leaders started by Wiley John Wright View original post
    Comments 60 Comments
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      So how bout all this technology, it's awesome isn't it..?!
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      You bet!
    1. domenicp's Avatar
      domenicp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sfarijo View Post
      Don't fault the President for trying to get us out of the mess, Fault the idiot who got us in the mess!
      +1
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Never mind. I don't want to get into political debates. I get into enough religious debates :P
    1. SteveJobsEvilTwinBro's Avatar
      SteveJobsEvilTwinBro -
      Obama sure does spend A LOT of money wining and dining always using the same excuse.. You could've boosted the economy with the billions you wasted traveling around doing everything but what you were supposed to do, just sayin'.. Get with the boosting already, 200 million a day kissing foreign *** & eating caviar, all that crazy illuminati crap is starting to make sense now. It makes more sense than believing a guy with such over-the-top spending habits could possibly boost.... Why do I bother, hypnobamas.
    1. mudslag's Avatar
      mudslag -
      Quote Originally Posted by SergeantMAC View Post
      It's a shame all those brilliant minds in one room looking up to Obama....so sad
      what an ignorant comment

      Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
      Billions! Everyone at that table worked their butts off to earn everything they have except for Obama. The. Billions of dollars Obama wastes everyday is our money. The taxpayers money! Deep down Obama doesn't like anyone at that table. He despises successful business' and people. This is all a big act trying to make people think he cares about business' after everyone watched him try to destroy them over the past two years. He's only doing this to help his reelection in 2012. God help us if that happens!


      Grow up, whats with the ignorant comments tonight.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Usually if you say "Grow up" you mean that you accept the truth of the person's statement but don't see their reaction to the facts as mature. You might want to rephrase your post. It seemed weird to me until I realized you didn't accept truth in his statement.
    1. mudslag's Avatar
      mudslag -
      Quote Originally Posted by SteveJobsEvilTwinBro View Post
      Obama sure does spend A LOT of money wining and dining always using the same excuse.. You could've boosted the economy with the billions you wasted traveling around doing everything but what you were supposed to do, just sayin'.. Get with the boosting already, 200 million a day kissing foreign *** & eating caviar, all that crazy illuminati crap is starting to make sense now. It makes more sense than believing a guy with such over-the-top spending habits could possibly boost.... Why do I bother, hypnobamas.
      Ill go ahead and assume you are talking about the trip to India I take it. I guess you didnt get the memo that the figure of 200 million was nothing but a BS rumor thrown around by Bachmann and others. When pressed for this info they couldnt back it up and when truly looked into the cost, it wasnt even remotely close to that. Stop watching only one source of news, fox, and expand a little. One source is never going to give you the whole truth. Lay off the tin foil nonsense as well.

      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      Usually if you say "Grow up" you mean that you accept the truth of the person's statement but don't see their reaction to the facts as mature. You might want to rephrase your post. It seemed weird to me until I realized you didn't accept truth in his statement.
      The whole "deep down he despises successful business and people" is a rather childish statement. The people that go around crying that Obama got us into this mess seem to not understand that the mess we are in is a shared mess by parties of all sides. This mess didnt just start when Obama took office either, I agree he has a share of the blame but that doesnt mean all blame falls on him.
    1. INeed2Know's Avatar
      INeed2Know -
      lol he's got his finger on the top left of the photo


      Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    1. tdamocles's Avatar
      tdamocles -
      Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
      Now he have the hook up to try to make the jailbreak illegal...
      Hope not...
    1. santacruzlocal's Avatar
      santacruzlocal -
      I like how Zuckerburg is considered a "Tech" Leader
    1. mortopher's Avatar
      mortopher -
      Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
      I like how Zuckerburg is considered a "Tech" Leader
      Why don't you consider him one?
    1. clockworkengine's Avatar
      clockworkengine -
      Steve Jobs had his elbow on the table, and he wasn't raising his glass!
    1. mudslag's Avatar
      mudslag -
      Quote Originally Posted by clockworkengine View Post
      Steve Jobs had his elbow on the table, and he wasn't raising his glass!
      what do you call that???

    1. clockworkengine's Avatar
      clockworkengine -
      Quote Originally Posted by mudslag View Post
      what do you call that???
      Poor manners.
    1. mudslag's Avatar
      mudslag -
      Quote Originally Posted by clockworkengine View Post
      Poor manners.
      My bad, I forgot glasses have to be raised X inches off the table to be counted as "raising your glass". Grow up
    1. clockworkengine's Avatar
      clockworkengine -
      I was only making a joke. I see now that you take yourself really seriously and use these forums as a platform to make your political viewpoints everyone's business. I'll go away now and try my best to follow your example and grow up.
    1. Essenar's Avatar
      Essenar -
      If you don't know anything about politics, you have no business insulting a man trying to clean up a mess he didn't even make. Let's not bring blind, unjustified hatred for a political figure into a discussion about the world's leaders in innovation having a dinner to discuss how to help our market. When did George Bush ever meet with these men to try to help the economy? The economy was pretty bad when he was in office too.

      Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
      I like how Zuckerburg is considered a "Tech" Leader
      And D. Costelo being considered one isn't equally strange?

      What makes what Zuckerburg has done with social networking, internet advertising and technology lifestyles anything short of technology leadership?

      Do you have any idea how smart he is? If you can't see how Facebook could have a huge impact on economic climate based on technology, then I equally "like" your post about him.
    1. mortopher's Avatar
      mortopher -
      Quote Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
      If you can't see how Facebook could have a huge impact on economic climate based on technology, then I equally "like" your post about him.
      Bahahahahaha, four stars!
    1. EskimoRuler's Avatar
      EskimoRuler -
      Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
      Billions! Everyone at that table worked their butts off to earn everything they have except for Obama. The. Billions of dollars Obama wastes everyday is our money. The taxpayers money! Deep down Obama doesn't like anyone at that table. He despises successful business' and people. This is all a big act trying to make people think he cares about business' after everyone watched him try to destroy them over the past two years. He's only doing this to help his reelection in 2012. God help us if that happens!
      Yea because would have so much better by putting less taxes on the rich where the taxing should be going, redistribution of income man