• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Steve Jobs Spotted at California's Stanford Cancer Center


    Reports surfaced Wednesday that Apple chief Steve Jobs is now seeking medical treatment at the Stanford Cancer Center in Palo Alto, California. Initial reports of Jobs turning up at the medical facility were first limited to the online rumor mill. The mainstream media, however, has since confirmed his presence at the Stanford Cancer Center as photographs of a frail, emaciated Apple chief are now turning up in the tabloids.

    According to the New York Post, the Stanford Cancer Center is the same revered treatment facility where the late actor Patrick Swayze sought chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer shortly before his death. The news, however, doesn't come as a complete shock. In January, Jobs announced yet another medical leave of absence from the company he helped cultivate into the tech giant it has since become. "I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company," Jobs stated upon his most recent departure.

    Although Jobs requested privacy from the media during his time away from Apple, it appears the paparazzi have placed a target on the Apple chief. Consequently, the images surfacing suggest - but certainly cannot confirm - that Steve Jobs is gravely ill. It is important to note, however, that Jobs' six-month departure in 2009 was similarly met with widespread media reports that he was dying and unlikely to return to work. Tonight, many are hoping the same outcome will follow Mr. Jobs' latest round of medical treatments.

    Jobs is believed to have undergone his first surgery for pancreatic cancer in 2004.

    UPDATE:


    ABC News reported late Wednesday evening that Steve Jobs is expected, but not confirmed to join Google chief executive Eric Schmidt and Facebook pioneer Mark Zuckerberg for a meeting with President Barack Obama in San Francisco tomorrow (Thursday).


    Source: New York Post
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Steve Jobs Spotted at California's Stanford Cancer Center started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 123 Comments
    1. milder's Avatar
      milder -
      This really is the most asinine thread I've ever seen. God aside, why are we even discussing any of this here? The American media follows/stalks celebrities. The courts uphold the idea that once famous, a person forfeits some of the privacy granted to non-famous folks (paraphrased, don't jump). For M.E. to not post anything would've been wrong. He simply posted that "Reports surfaced..." Okay. For KartRacer to take such a stunning attack on him is really nuts. Don't read the news, then. There's gonna be stuff you don't like out there. But to not report it? On an Apple related site? Absurd.

      Good day.

      I SAID GOOD DAY!
    1. Co1d Night's Avatar
      Co1d Night -
      Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
      In this case, you earned it. The choice is yours, man up (apologize or at least admit that I have a point), or run like you say you will.


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
      "sorry" is for screw ups and mistakes. I'm neither one and I don't feel as if I owe anyone an apology. Grow up you don't intimidate me, so knock off the "tough guy" act saying im "running". Im not "running" from anything, im tired of every post i make it somehow blows up into a useless and time consuming childish fight. As i said in my first post, this thread shouldnt be full of arguing!

      One last thing dear, I'm a girl. So I will not "man up".

      by the way, i just heard on the news that the national enquirer state jobs only has 6 weeks to live


      link is here: Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide
    1. AnthonyGiola's Avatar
      AnthonyGiola -
      Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
      Well that explains why i didn't see the link. Now if Mesany had linked to the weekly or something like that I'd whole heartedly agree with you. But if you look at the national enquirers recent track record (very recent) since they stopped reporting on aliens running for president, they do a pretty good job at scooping stories. Tiger woods banging everything in sight, Patrick Swayze's health issues etc. The Enquirer has actually made a concerted effort to become a legit news source (sort of).
      lol. Tiger Woods banging everything in sight... lawl
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      I love you, you love me, we're a happy community
    1. jacob9706's Avatar
      jacob9706 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sfarijo View Post
      That's completely, out of line!
      Yeah but it was funny
    1. Major Herbie's Avatar
      Major Herbie -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      First of all JB and unlocking have nothing to do with what I commented about. Secondly if you think we won't need to JB and unlock just because Jobs isn't around then you've gone off the deep end. Would it be awesome if that were true?...yeah it would be, but it won't happen.


      C'mon, the guy said he was wrong to make that comment, no need to call him any names.

      (What Would Steve Jobs Do? WWSJD)
      Huh...?
    1. JJPM's Avatar
      JJPM -
      This tabloid crap sickens me.
    1. lillstar12's Avatar
      lillstar12 -
      My thoughts are with Mr jobs, my step dad died this year with pancreatic cancer and its not nice to see someone go through that at all .Stop the arguing and pray what time he does have left is time h spends with his loved ones.
    1. JJPM's Avatar
      JJPM -
      Wooow you are really smart! Congrats!!
    1. CynicalDriver's Avatar
      CynicalDriver -
      Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
      "sorry" is for screw ups and mistakes. I'm neither one and I don't feel as if I owe anyone an apology. Grow up you don't intimidate me, so knock off the "tough guy" act saying im "running". Im not "running" from anything, im tired of every post i make it somehow blows up into a useless and time consuming childish fight. As i said in my first post, this thread shouldnt be full of arguing!

      One last thing dear, I'm a girl. So I will not "man up".

      by the way, i just heard on the news that the national enquirer state jobs only has 6 weeks to live


      link is here: Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide
      I don't care what the National Enquirer said about it. They always blow things out of proportion, and while they very well could have been right about Steve being there, I doubt they have access to his doctors.

      "Man up" is a term I use when someone needs to take responsibility, I don't use it for men only. How about "Get over yourself," "grow up," or "fix yo' sh..?"

      Your posts create arguments because you don't take the time to point them in the right direction, and/or structure them so more people can understand what you mean/who you aimed it at. Short of overly-exaggerated punctuation, sarcasm doesn't work well via text.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      I don't think many people over the mental age of eleven are in this thread right now.
    1. Co1d Night's Avatar
      Co1d Night -
      Drama drama drama


      Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    1. Co1d Night's Avatar
      Co1d Night -
      Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
      I don't care what the National Enquirer said about it. They always blow things out of proportion, and while they very well could have been right about Steve being there, I doubt they have access to his doctors.

      "Man up" is a term I use when someone needs to take responsibility, I don't use it for men only. How about "Get over yourself," "grow up," or "fix yo' sh..?"

      Your posts create arguments because you don't take the time to point them in the right direction, and/or structure them so more people can understand what you mean/who you aimed it at. Short of overly-exaggerated punctuation, sarcasm doesn't work well via text.

      I don't wanna grow up I'm a toys r us kid

      Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    1. Major Herbie's Avatar
      Major Herbie -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      you thank somebody for calling me a douche, when i post something insensitive and then you go and do the same thing

      you sicken me!!!! you hypocritical twat
      What you takin 'bout willis...? I didn't thank anyone.

      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      I don't think many people over the mental age of eleven are in this thread right now.
      If you can't beat them then join them...?
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
      If you can't beat them then join them...?
      I would say you were right if that didn't just enter you into the club too. I shouldn't have posted that in the first place though.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
      What you takin 'bout willis...? I didn't thank anyone.



      If you can't beat them then join them...?
      well done you removed your thanks then edited your post clever

      I changed my post where I called him an arse hole because I did exactly the same as the guy that called me a douche I didn't read the posts after his post I pm'ed the guy and apologised, because I can admit when I'm wrong
    1. EskimoRuler's Avatar
      EskimoRuler -
      Quote Originally Posted by iamkadaj View Post
      The man is a pure genius and I'll shed a tear the day he passes, and always appreciate the gifts he put in our hands.
      same here, really smart man, has done a lot for tech world
    1. Major Herbie's Avatar
      Major Herbie -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      well done you removed your thanks then edited your post clever

      I changed my post where I called him an arse hole because I did exactly the same as the guy that called me a douche I didn't read the posts after his post I pm'ed the guy and apologised, because I can admit when I'm wrong
      Lol, i'm not going to Apologise. I said something and i'm sticking to it because I got a warning from an admin. I don't deny what i said and i'll try to not go too far with the jokes in the future.
    1. domenicp's Avatar
      domenicp -
      Quote Originally Posted by randelljack View Post
      I don't know why Messany has to report this. Aren't there more pressing issues of the the day than violate a sick man's privacy of request? Let him be.
      The fact is people are interested in this story. That does not justify the paparazzi behaviour which I do not condone. However, this specific article discusses the request for privacy and places it in the context of what the media is reporting. I find nothing distasteful here.
    1. Cortes's Avatar
      Cortes -
      Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
      And yet even a broken clock is right twice a day. Doesn't make the distastefulness any less severe.
      You guys banned KartRacer for his posts in this thread? Seriously?

      Anyone mind explaining this as somehow less-bad than, for example, Apple's behavior regarding the antenna issues a while back?

      If Mr. Essany or his handlers have such thin skin perhaps they should refrain from publishing such contentious articles.