• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Steve Jobs Spotted at California's Stanford Cancer Center


    Reports surfaced Wednesday that Apple chief Steve Jobs is now seeking medical treatment at the Stanford Cancer Center in Palo Alto, California. Initial reports of Jobs turning up at the medical facility were first limited to the online rumor mill. The mainstream media, however, has since confirmed his presence at the Stanford Cancer Center as photographs of a frail, emaciated Apple chief are now turning up in the tabloids.

    According to the New York Post, the Stanford Cancer Center is the same revered treatment facility where the late actor Patrick Swayze sought chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer shortly before his death. The news, however, doesn't come as a complete shock. In January, Jobs announced yet another medical leave of absence from the company he helped cultivate into the tech giant it has since become. "I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company," Jobs stated upon his most recent departure.

    Although Jobs requested privacy from the media during his time away from Apple, it appears the paparazzi have placed a target on the Apple chief. Consequently, the images surfacing suggest - but certainly cannot confirm - that Steve Jobs is gravely ill. It is important to note, however, that Jobs' six-month departure in 2009 was similarly met with widespread media reports that he was dying and unlikely to return to work. Tonight, many are hoping the same outcome will follow Mr. Jobs' latest round of medical treatments.

    Jobs is believed to have undergone his first surgery for pancreatic cancer in 2004.

    UPDATE:


    ABC News reported late Wednesday evening that Steve Jobs is expected, but not confirmed to join Google chief executive Eric Schmidt and Facebook pioneer Mark Zuckerberg for a meeting with President Barack Obama in San Francisco tomorrow (Thursday).


    Source: New York Post
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Steve Jobs Spotted at California's Stanford Cancer Center started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 123 Comments
    1. CynicalDriver's Avatar
      CynicalDriver -
      Fix in a min.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      ^You're going to want to cut the >< out of your quote. Your post doesn't show up with it in there
    1. creasy425's Avatar
      creasy425 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
      if you dont like his posts, dont read them. very simple, and if you think he should be fired or whatnot maybe you should try contacting the admin of this site.
      where exactly did he say that he didnt like messanys posts or that he should be fired pray tell...He sad Messany tends to re hash news. That means he doesnt like him and wants him fired? Reaching just a touch there maybe?
    1. CynicalDriver's Avatar
      CynicalDriver -
      Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
      my "arguments" are started by other people who refuse to read and let my posts sink into their heads before they decide to attk me.

      and i told you, i lied

      ---------------------------------

      if you dont like his posts, dont read them. very simple, and if you think he should be fired or whatnot maybe you should try contacting the admin of this site.
      Your hypocrisy is astounding!

      You start by saying people attack you before reading your posts. THEN, you attack mine, OBVIOUSLY without reading it.

      I never said I thought Essany should be fired, in fact, I thought I made it pretty clear that I am ok with it because it saves me time!

      Think before you post. Nobody is out to attack you, until you bring it on yourself genius!
    1. CynicalDriver's Avatar
      CynicalDriver -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      ^You're going to want to cut the >< out of your quote. Your post doesn't show up with it in there
      Yeah, discovered that the hard way, lol.


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
      Yeah, discovered that the hard way, lol.


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
      How did you quote my post with the >< in it?
    1. creasy425's Avatar
      creasy425 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      How did you quote my post with the >< in it?
      magic sir, magic.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      You just did too! Yet I usually can't even post |

      Oh, looks like I still can't :/
    1. creasy425's Avatar
      creasy425 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      You just did too! Yet I usually can't even post |

      Oh, looks like I still can't :/
      does it matter if you're doing it from a pc/mac vs an idevice maybe?
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
      does it matter if you're doing it from a pc/mac vs an idevice maybe?
      Yeah I think so
    1. CynicalDriver's Avatar
      CynicalDriver -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      How did you quote my post with the >< in it?
      Not sure, sometimes it works... Sometimes it doesn't. :/
    1. CX3NT3_713's Avatar
      CX3NT3_713 -
      Ouch!!!! ,lol, and to all the people that posted stupid comments, about Steve jobs,, go to hell,, grow up, the man has cancer..... GET WELL SOON STEVE JOBS
    1. The Amazing Atheist's Avatar
      The Amazing Atheist -
      Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
      where exactly did he say that he didnt like messanys posts or that he should be fired pray tell...He sad Messany tends to re hash news. That means he doesnt like him and wants him fired? Reaching just a touch there maybe?
      That was actually also meant to anyone else who was whining about his news posts

      Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
      Your hypocrisy is astounding!

      You start by saying people attack you before reading your posts. THEN, you attack mine, OBVIOUSLY without reading it.

      I never said I thought Essany should be fired, in fact, I thought I made it pretty clear that I am ok with it because it saves me time!

      Think before you post. Nobody is out to attack you, until you bring it on yourself genius!
      Actually you are attacking my post before you read it. That post goes for EVERYONE on this thread complaining about this guys news posts. If you wanting him fired doesn't pertain to you, then overlook it.

      Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
      Ouch!!!! ,lol, and to all the people that posted stupid comments, about Steve jobs,, go to hell,, grow up, the man has cancer..... GET WELL SOON STEVE JOBS
      +1
    1. CynicalDriver's Avatar
      CynicalDriver -
      Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
      That was actually also meant to anyone else who was whining about his news posts



      Actually you are attacking my post before you read it. That post goes for EVERYONE on this thread complaining about this guys news posts. If you wanting him fired doesn't pertain to you, then overlook it.
      -1

      If you were responding to everyone but me, then reflect it in your responses with some specificity.

      If you weren't directing it at me, then don't quote me, or say that you're expanding on what was already said. I aimed that post at everyone, and quoted no-one, to avoid the very confusion you create by your poor structuring.


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. elkyelky's Avatar
      elkyelky -
      Everyone is acting like he has already died. He has an illness like millions of other people in the world.

      RIP Steve Jobs - the world won't be the same.
    1. oleksandr's Avatar
      oleksandr -
      God wants to take this smart gentleman and use him in heaven. Maybe to make a new iPhone with service in heaven. That would be pretty cool.
    1. elkyelky's Avatar
      elkyelky -
      Good bye Steve. Apple won't be the same without you.
    1. The Amazing Atheist's Avatar
      The Amazing Atheist -
      Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
      -1

      If you were responding to everyone but me, then reflect it in your responses with some specificity.

      If you weren't directing it at me, then don't quote me, or say that you're expanding on what was already said. I aimed that post at everyone, and quoted no-one, to avoid the very confusion you create by your poor structuring.


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
      Whatever I'm done with these arrogant arguments that never go anywhere.
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by elkyelky View Post
      Everyone is acting like he has already died. He has an illness like millions of other people in the world.

      RIP Steve Jobs - the world won't be the same.
      No one's acting like he's dead already, we're simply wishing him the best because of the state he's in as well as wishing him to get better. You don't need to write anymore unnecessary comments like, "RIP" or "Goodbye Steve". You can write nice things about him though
    1. CynicalDriver's Avatar
      CynicalDriver -
      Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
      Whatever I'm done with these arrogant arguments that never go anywhere.
      In this case, you earned it. The choice is yours, man up (apologize or at least admit that I have a point), or run like you say you will.


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi