• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPad Air Leads Black Friday Weekend Tablet Sales


    Apple’s new iPad Air was the clear and commanding victor over the long holiday weekend, spanning Black Friday to Cyber Monday.

    Localytics took an in-depth look at the weekly growth during the Black Friday weekend, as compared to the previous weekend. And based on findings from this research, 51% more new iPad Air devices were seen than the previous week.

    This is due to a combination of factors, including Apple’s promotion of giving gift cards with purchases of the iPad Air and iPad Mini (but not iPad Mini 2nd gen) devices. This, combined with a smaller base of iPad Air devices and the novelty of the iPad Air (released on November 1st) resulted in the iPad Air dominating on Black Friday weekend.
    “On the Android side,” Localytics found, “the Kindle Fire HD 7” and the newest Samsung smartphone, the S IV, saw the greatest growth of new devices. The Kindle Fire HD is the Android tablet exhibiting the largest new device growth from the previous week.”

    Among the weekend's best selling products, Apple’s first-gen iPad Mini model finished second, and the iPhone 5c finished third.

    Source: Localytics
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPad Air Leads Black Friday Weekend Tablet Sales started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
    1. RICO_'s Avatar
      RICO_ -
      So basically without the addition of a gift card promotion the iPad Air really wasn't selling that well? Because if it was then there wouldn't be nearly as big a jump week to week. O.o
    1. exNavy's Avatar
      exNavy -
      Sounds like someone is mad that android had lousy sales figures.
    1. AKCHRIS's Avatar
      AKCHRIS -
      the Added Gift Card just makes it more Appealing. The Fact that the Air is Outselling Other Tablets is Awesome...of course I want I'm getting the iPad Mini Retina.
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
      So basically without the addition of a gift card promotion the iPad Air really wasn't selling that well? Because if it was then there wouldn't be nearly as big a jump week to week. O.o
      Yeah, you could basically say that for every product sold during last week because it was BLACK FRIDAY WEEK!! You, know, that day when tons of people go out and do all their Christmas shopping? If android products didn't comparably sell much higher volumes during that same week, that not a negative on Apple, that's a negative on Android products!
    1. RICO_'s Avatar
      RICO_ -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      Yeah, you could basically say that for every product sold during last week because it was BLACK FRIDAY WEEK!! You, know, that day when tons of people go out and do all their Christmas shopping? If android products didn't comparably sell much higher volumes during that same week, that not a negative on Apple, that's a negative on Android products!
      Well I see things like the $400 PS4 that has been sold out since launch and hasn't even been available for Black Friday. No promotions, no gift cards. And it just makes me wonder if the iPad Air is really catching on like it's supposed to.
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
      Well I see things like the $400 PS4 that has been sold out since launch and hasn't even been available for Black Friday. No promotions, no gift cards. And it just makes me wonder if the iPad Air is really catching on like it's supposed to.
      Of course the iPad Air is selling. You'd have to be stupid to think it wasn't.