On Black Friday, Apple will be offering gift cards of varying amounts to those that purchase major products in the U.S. and Canada. As predicted just days ago, the free gift cards with major purchases are Apple’s alternative to discounts this holiday season, and could be considered a gimmick to get you to buy even more.
Apple updated its U.S. and Canada Apple Store Web sites Friday morning with more details on the gift cards. Depending on what your purchase is, the amount of cash that will be loaded onto the gift card will vary.
Some of the major options include:
- Buy an iPad Air and receive a $75 Apple Store gift card
- Buy an iPad Mini and receive a $50 Apple Store gift card
- Buy an iPad 2 and receive a $50 Apple Store gift card
- Buy a MacBook Air and receive a $150 Apple Store gift card
- Buy a MacBook Pro (retina or non-retina) and receive a $150 Apple Store gift card
- Buy an iMac and receive a $150 Apple Store gift card
- Buy an iPod touch and receive a $50 Apple Store gift card
- Buy an iPod Nano and receive a $25 Apple Store gift card
- Buy an Apple T.V. and receive a $25 Apple Store gift card
In addition to Apple's own products, there is also a variety of third-party products that Apple sells online that you can also receive a loaded Apple Store gift card by purchasing. You can see the full list of items on Apple's Online Store via this link.
Notably, these are Apple Store gift cards and not App Store gift cards. This means the money cannot be used in iTunes, iBooks, the App Store, or Mac App Store, but rather can be used for accessories, or for additional devices.