Another Case of a Third-party iPhone Power Adapter Electrocution Reported
There has been a lot of drama lately with third-party iOS device power adapters causing electrocutions. If that little brick didnít come from a legitimate Apple-branded box, you may want to think twice about using it.
A new report reveals that a man in Thailand was killed by electrocution while using his iPhone 4S, which was charging using a third-party non-Apple branded power adapter. As MacRumors
reports, the man was performing actions on his iPhone 4S during the course of it charging Ė the multitasking is likely what made the man unlucky.
Apple introduced a third-party iOS device power adapter takeback program
in August in an attempt to try and keep these dangerous power adapters off of the streets. Many third-party manufacturers are not careful when producing their Apple look-alikes, and donít take the safety steps necessary to ensure that the power adapter is safe for people to use.
Two other major electrocutions have been documented (1
), illustrating that the problem with third-party iOS device power adapters is very real.
To be safe, all users should ensure that the power adapter they're going to use is one of Apple's own. While they may cost more, they're certainly safer.
Sources: Daily News Thailand Translated