• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • New Report Says Apple Already Field Testing iPhone 6


    Apple has reportedly begun field testing the next-generation iPhone 6.

    That revelation - which, naturally, is suspect and not confirmed by Apple - comes from popular Chinese blog C Technology. According to the sources behind the report, Apple's iPhone 6 will deliver a larger 4.9-inch display.

    Today's rumor is consistent with recent analyst predictions, which similarly call for a bigger display on Apple's next iPhone, although the screen won't be so large as to classify the device as a phablet.

    In recent days, a round of reports made national headlines when industry sources and market watchers went on record to propose that the iPhone 6 will likely feature a curved glass design and a wider-than-usual display.

    The iPhone 6 is not expected to launch until late summer or early fall of 2014.

    Source: C Technology (via Apple Insider)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New Report Says Apple Already Field Testing iPhone 6 started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 28 Comments
    1. The Maestro's Avatar
      The Maestro -
      I'll worry about the phone when it's actually a firm concept. What bothers me now is media sites that deal with apple products often calling the 8th generation iphone the iphone 6. The media has a large impact on what the consumer recognizes and for that reason alone we have the most retarded naming system for these devices. Yes the average idiot will be looking for an iphone 6 but that same idiot will buy it either way. Modmyi has a substantial understanding of apples products and as petty of an issue as it may be, sites like this that inform the consumers are responsible since the iphone 3G and until the 20th gen iphone will be iphone 11SHDC.
    1. modmyiguy's Avatar
      modmyiguy -
      Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
      New Apple plasma TV? not for me.



      And Apple is going to make an iPhone 6 bigger just for you.
      Actually, you're in the minority. If you don't realize it yet, you & everyone else will ...when the larger screen iphone arrives.

      Many loyal Apple diehards have been lusting for a larger screen and some have jumped ship just for that specific reason. The same complaints were originally made when the iP5 was released....and how did those sales go? Just fine.
    1. DieselVexx's Avatar
      DieselVexx -
      I don't know Modmyguy. My over all sense of the matter Is the majority that bought the iphone 5 did so with some apprehension to the increase in size. It was only after having it for a while that that said majority came to love it or find it acceptable. Maybe demand is evenly split now but for every post arguing for bigger I find one arguing for choice or no changes at all. I for one don't understand why there is a demand for a bigger iphone when there are so many other viable if not better choices according to most droid aficionados?
    1. iPhoneThereforeIAm's Avatar
      iPhoneThereforeIAm -
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
      I don't know Modmyguy. My over all sense of the matter Is the majority that bought the iphone 5 did so with some apprehension to the increase in size. It was only after having it for a while that that said majority came to love it or find it acceptable. Maybe demand is evenly split now but for every post arguing for bigger I find one arguing for choice or no changes at all. I for one don't understand why there is a demand for a bigger iphone when there are so many other viable if not better choices according to most droid aficionados?
      Perhaps because Android is an inferior OS.
      Choice will always benefit the manufacturer.
      It seems at last, that Apple are abandoning Jobs' rigid (and commercially damaging) adherence to his flawed design principle that screens above 3.5" are ergonomically unworkable - and doing what they should have done from the i-3.
      Had they done that way back when, it's doubtful that Android would be much more than another Blackberry or Symbian.
    1. DieselVexx's Avatar
      DieselVexx -
      It is pure conjecture to dismiss Steve Jobs foresight. Even worse to dismiss adroid OS. I believe there was extensive research done in regards to the original size of the first Iphone. So the first Iphone very well could have been the size of an Samsung S4. Then we would probably be discussing the benefits of making smaller smart phones. So, to say Apple is responsible is indeed correct but in no way a derogatory statement on how this innovator or Steve Jobs did/does business. Nothing in life is perfect especially at it's inception. Imho...The screen size thing doesn't spell the end for the iphone or apple. I remember buying the first one. It didn't even have a flash for the camera or video recording capabilities. I still chose it over everything else that was out because much like the Iphone 4, I had to have it once I held it in my hands. Why? Because like most Apple products, It just felt right.
    1. iPhoneThereforeIAm's Avatar
      iPhoneThereforeIAm -
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
      It is pure conjecture to dismiss Steve Jobs foresight.
      Why, who's done that ?
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
      Even worse to dismiss adroid OS.
      Worse ?
      iOS is a superior OS ... why all the faux angst ?
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
      I believe there was extensive research done in regards to the original size of the first Iphone. So the first Iphone very well could have been the size of an Samsung S4.
      Rubbish.
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
      Then we would probably be discussing the benefits of making smaller smart phones. So, to say Apple is responsible is indeed correct but in no way a derogatory statement on how this innovator or Steve Jobs did/does business.
      You're rambling off on all sorts of irrelevant tangents to destroy straw-men of no import.
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
      Nothing in life is perfect especially at it's inception. Imho...The screen size thing doesn't spell the end for the iphone or apple.
      Android sales figures say otherwise. Stop deluding yourself, it's not fooling anyone else.
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
      I remember buying the first one. It didn't even have a flash for the camera or video recording capabilities. I still chose it over everything else that was out because much like the Iphone 4, I had to have it once I held it in my hands. Why? Because like most Apple products, It just felt right.
      I'm sure your recollections of falling in love with the iPhone hold enormous sway with new phone buyers.

      Now stop smokin' that $h*t and face reality, man.
    1. DieselVexx's Avatar
      DieselVexx -
      Calm down. Everything I said is true. No one wants to DETROY you...Lol
    1. Junnito's Avatar
      Junnito -
      No mate what apple does it'll still sell all there product, plastic or aluminum. I just can't wait for there bigger screen size and who nose what it'll bring, now that they got the 3d .... Who nose what right !!!