• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Hypes Major iTunes Announcement Tuesday Morning



    The front page of Apple's website says it all. Tomorrow is a big day for iTunes. How so? I guess we'll found out for certain in fewer than 24 hours. For now, Apple will only say that it has an "exciting announcement" planned for 7 a.m. Pacific, 10 a.m. Eastern tomorrow. "Tomorrow is just another day that you'll never forget," Apple proclaims with the full power of the entire front page. "Check back here tomorrow for an exciting announcement from iTunes."

    Although much speculation will likely be rampant across the blogosphere for the remainder of today, most are already assuming that the announcement will be rooted in the long-awaited arrival of streaming content to iTunes. Almost a full year into Apple's acquisition of Lala, virtually nothing has come of the purchase, even though "imminent" announcements have been anticipated since the day after the news of the acquisition leaked.

    All told, anything cloud-based would be a welcome development for millions of iTunes users. In fact, if tomorrow's announcement involves anything less than new streaming, cloud-based attributes, Tuesday will, indeed, be "just another day" after all. For that reason, Apple's grand hype suggests that something huge is definitely around the corner. And, fortunately, we won't have to wait long to find out the specifics.

    Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Hypes Major iTunes Announcement Tuesday Morning started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 188 Comments
    1. sziklassy's Avatar
      sziklassy -
      Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
      Great first post! It's called saving money. I have zero debt and I am able to cover all of my expenses. I'm not receiving any unemployment benefits or anything so don't act as if I'm living off of your taxes. Keep up the assumptions, they'll always get you far.
      Aren't you also a student? Loans then? Bottom line is you can save all you want but with 0 money coming in from anywhere you still have zero dollars no matter how long you saved up all those zeros...

      WAIT... how is this on topic? :P
    1. blainesill's Avatar
      blainesill -
      It's The Beatles.

      Apple Gets Rights to Sell Digital Beatles Music - WSJ.com

      It's just another day...that I will forget.
    1. Rob2G's Avatar
      Rob2G -
      Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
      Aren't you also a student? Loans then? Bottom line is you can save all you want but with 0 money coming in from anywhere you still have zero dollars no matter how long you saved up all those zeros...

      WAIT... how is this on topic? :P
      How are his finances anybody's business but his?
    1. ill_graphics's Avatar
      ill_graphics -
      Maybe, they are opening app store for Apple TV...as so many other TV's have apps on them already & Jobs said when the time was right(just saying). I can see the iCloud thing too, but I thought I had read somewhere they were planing to double the size of the center & Apple usually doesn't do anything half assed.
    1. Jat66200's Avatar
      Jat66200 -
      Could this be the release of iOS 4.2 ... Please ;(
    1. mortopher's Avatar
      mortopher -
      Not sure why people care so much about my personal affairs... The unemployed status was a personal choice and is not a long term plan. I have more than enough to get me by until I find a new job. I just moved and have been relaxing and spending time with family members that I haven't seen in years...

      LastSon - I'm four years sober, good try though.

      Back on topic...

      I really hope this isn't just about The Beatles catalogue. I've had all of their albums for years, as most others have too, so it wouldn't be a huge deal for the majority of iTunes users. At least be more interesting than the FB announcement today.
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Quote Originally Posted by blainesill View Post
      It's The Beatles.

      Apple Gets Rights to Sell Digital Beatles Music - WSJ.com

      It's just another day...that I will forget.
      All this huff for The Beatles...

      Does Apple think they're bigger than Jesus?
    1. cesarfuenzalida's Avatar
      cesarfuenzalida -
      Would great cloud-based itunes!!
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      I for one would not use CloudTunes. iPods only have WiFi, so I wouldn't be able to take my songs everywhere. Also, I know it would have to be a big battery drainer. I am excited about the Beatles though, I've always wanted to get some if their songs, but never came across their CD's. Thanks to who posted the WSJ article.
    1. dannyben's Avatar
      dannyben -
      It's iTunesTV!!! Apple will be offering instant live tv streaming to all idevices. Subscription based and they will compete with cable providers.
    1. Thatskanyon's Avatar
      Thatskanyon -
      Hope they make the app store open source..but it may just be the cloud based iTunes... Meh
    1. mr117's Avatar
      mr117 -
      Seriously? Three pages of posts about you-don't-know-what? Doing exactly what Apple wants, creating a buzz (we did things differently in the 60's when we created a buzz). You could all just patiently wait and see. Whatever it is, it will be a letdown to many, not enough for some, too much for others, and probably so-so for the rest. Unless they are going to give $1 million to each owner of iTunes, which seems unlikely, it will be just another Apple release or new feature. Calm down, no biggie, Steve is not gonna go house to house delivering the million.
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      If all this hype is over just the Beatles I'm going to be super pissed.
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
      Seriously? Three pages of posts about you-don't-know-what? Doing exactly what Apple wants, creating a buzz (we did things differently in the 60's when we created a buzz). You could all just patiently wait and see. Whatever it is, it will be a letdown to many, not enough for some, too much for others, and probably so-so for the rest. Unless they are going to give $1 million to each owner of iTunes, which seems unlikely, it will be just another Apple release or new feature. Calm down, no biggie, Steve is not gonna go house to house delivering the million.
      With only 24 hours notice, there's not much buzz that can be created, only some buzz among Apple Communities such as ourselves, and we're only a fraction of Apple's customer base. Chances are the people who will be buying/subscribing/throwing their money at Apple are the mainstream that don't even know there's going to be an announcement.
    1. Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
      Happy Noodle Boy -
      Quote Originally Posted by blainesill View Post
      It's The Beatles.

      Apple Gets Rights to Sell Digital Beatles Music - WSJ.com

      It's just another day...that I will forget.
      If this is true I will be the happiest noodle boy alive. The Beatles in iTunes would be the best thing ever and it would be like the 6th time I buy all their music)

      The clocks on the Apple page kinda match the Help! album cover yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees (they swapped them around obviously)



      compare

    1. mr117's Avatar
      mr117 -
      If you turn on your Mac and you have Apple as your Startpage on Safari, you see that. More than just Mac nerds on a little mod site (present company included )
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
      If this is true I will be the happiest noodle boy alive. The Beatles in iTunes would be the best thing ever and it would be like the 6th time I buy all their music)

      The clocks on the Apple page kinda match the Help! album cover yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees (they swapped them around obviously)



      compare

      I'm pumped about this release also! I didn't see the HELP connection to the clocks, thats awesome. Here is my Beatles collection in iTunes:

    1. mrdjflood's Avatar
      mrdjflood -
      Steve Jobs is getting out of the closet .......
    1. mr117's Avatar
      mr117 -
      Seriously, getting the Beatles is a big deal for iTunes? Doesn't the whole world have their albums by now? I've got the American originals, the English imports, the Blue Box (English version), the first release CDs, the newly-remastered CDs, and about a kajillion bootlegs on CD and/or FLAC. Much of the remastered is already on my iTunes. Why is it a big deal that Paul and Yoko and EMI and Capitol and Apple (the other one) get richer? Import your CDs to iTunes and Bob's your Uncle.
    1. mrdjflood's Avatar
      mrdjflood -
      Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
      Seriously, getting the Beatles is a big deal for iTunes? Doesn't the whole world have their albums by now? I've got the American originals, the English imports, the Blue Box (English version), the first release CDs, the newly-remastered CDs, and about a kajillion bootlegs on CD and/or FLAC. Much of the remastered is already on my iTunes. Why is it a big deal that Paul and Yoko and EMI and Capitol and Apple (the other one) get richer? Import your CDs to iTunes and Bob's your Uncle.

      I´m with you on this one, i hope there´s something more exiting behind this add !