The wait is over. On Wednesday, Apple Store for iPad finally became available in the App Store.
With its crisp, clean appearance and a gesture-based user interface, Apple says the new app is customized for the iPad screen and helps users "shop the Apple Online Store like never before."
As you might anticipate, there are high resolution image galleries, detailed info on products, and also a nifty little running tab on popular and trending products.
Among the other features of the app touted by Apple are:
- Use pinch gestures to zoom, browse and compare.
- Personalize an iPad or an iPod with free engraving, and get signature gift wrap.
- Buy products on the go and pick them up at your favorite Apple Retail Store, or have them shipped to your door.
- Find an Apple Retail Store near you and view hours , get directions, check product availability, make Genius Bar reservations, or sign up for workshops and events.
- Explore Apple Retail Stores around the world and mark stores as favorites.
To learn more, check out the new app on iTunes here.