• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Lenovo Targeting iPhone Weak Markets


    Lenovo has high hopes for mobile in 2014 and beyond. The largest maker of personal computers plans to triple the number of markets in which it sells smartphones. The strategy behind the plan? To focus on emerging economies where Apple's iPhone is weak.

    In particular, markets where Apple's iPhone is viewed as being too expensive are going to be heavily targeted by Lenovo.

    “We have seen the first wave of success in Asian countries,” Chief Executive Officer Yang Yuanqing tells Bloomberg. “We provide affordable products for emerging markets. That’s very important. For those markets, the iPhone is probably not the best-selling product, Lenovo can be much more competitive.”

    If projections manifest and efforts go according to plan, further expansion around the world could accelerate mobile devices to 50 percent of Lenovo sales by 2018, which would be up significantly from 20 percent today.

    Source: Bloomberg
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Lenovo Targeting iPhone Weak Markets started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      Wait? I thought apple introduced a cheap phone for these markets? Oh never mind, I forgot the "cheap" iPhone 5C was $550! What a joke...
    1. dmgceo's Avatar
      dmgceo -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      Wait? I thought apple introduced a cheap phone for these markets? Oh never mind, I forgot the "cheap" iPhone 5C was $550! What a joke...
      Hog - U must be smoking something "funny". 5C - all colors - $99
    1. stolenpentium's Avatar
      stolenpentium -
      Quote Originally Posted by dmgceo View Post
      Hog - U must be smoking something "funny". 5C - all colors - $99
      Yea on contract, but who's going to pay $99 when one can pay $199 for a much better (hardware wise) device? That said, a "cheap" device would've been the iPhone5C at a price point of $200 16GIG unlocked.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      5C is a joke, biggest rip off in recent history
    1. justinf1119's Avatar
      justinf1119 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      5C is a joke, biggest rip off in recent history
      How is it a joke? If they didn't release the 5C then there would just be a 5 as the cheaper phone. But not only did they make a cheaper phone, they made a cheaper phone, with better personalization with colors while still having a pretty good durability from it being reinforced by metal underneath the plastic. And that's not to mention the camera improvements over the 5.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      for a little extra you can get the 5s or are you a cheapskate?

      Edit: Not to mention its a piece of ****, and not cheaper, than the better built iPhone 5
    1. bigbaba's Avatar
      bigbaba -
      Quote Originally Posted by dmgceo View Post
      Hog - U must be smoking something "funny". 5C - all colors - $99
      Most emerging markets are prepaid where handsets are purchased straight out.

      Now someone light my bong…
    1. iPhoneThereforeIAm's Avatar
      iPhoneThereforeIAm -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      for a little extra you can get the 5s or are you a cheapskate?

      Edit: Not to mention its a piece of ****, and not cheaper, than the better built iPhone 5
      I think Apple did the right thing by heeding all the people bringing in their i-5's for backglass replacement.
      Some people are never happy.
      Apple's wrong if it doesn't do something about the easy-to-break i-5, it's wrong if it does with the 5c ... so they might aswell do the right thing and be damned as the wrong thing and still be damned.

      Can there anything more nauseating than an ungrateful, whingeing brat ?
    1. justinf1119's Avatar
      justinf1119 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      for a little extra you can get the 5s or are you a cheapskate?

      Edit: Not to mention its a piece of ****, and not cheaper, than the better built iPhone 5
      How is the 5c a piece of junk? It's better built then most of the android phones.

      A lot of people in this world don't have the extra $100 to get the newest and best iPhone.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      Then I recommend they save, the 5C is just the 5 in a new ****** plastic case(with a new camera), To make the 5C a worthwhile product it should be a lot cheaper and for the price they ask it should come with the A7 chip at least
    1. justinf1119's Avatar
      justinf1119 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      Then I recommend they save, the 5C is just the 5 in a new ****** plastic case(with a new camera), To make the 5C a worthwhile product it should be a lot cheaper and for the price they ask it should come with the A7 chip at least
      So when they came out with the iPhone 5, the 4S should've been upgraded to an A6 chip?
    1. iPhoneThereforeIAm's Avatar
      iPhoneThereforeIAm -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      Then I recommend they save, the 5C is just the 5 in a new ****** plastic case(with a new camera), To make the 5C a worthwhile product it should be a lot cheaper and for the price they ask it should come with the A7 chip at least
      Just stop bad-mouthing Apple because iPhones are beyond your wallet.
      You're just making yourself look bitter and dumb - and p*ssing a lot of members off in the process.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      Quote Originally Posted by justinf1119 View Post
      So when they came out with the iPhone 5, the 4S should've been upgraded to an A6 chip?
      lol, the 5c isn't a new phone just a repackaged 5 it should have come with the A7 chip because they say it's a new iPhone, so the price they are asking is ridiculous, ple


      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
      Just stop bad-mouthing Apple because iPhones are beyond your wallet.
      You're just making yourself look bitter and dumb - and p*ssing a lot of members off in the process.
      how do you know what I have to spend you've pissed me off by thinking that you know, also if I wanted a new iPhone I'd buy the 5s and leave the 5c well alone as the 5c is out of date.

      I love most of their products but the 5c isn't one of them
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
      Just stop bad-mouthing Apple because iPhones are beyond your wallet.
      You're just making yourself look bitter and dumb - and p*ssing a lot of members off in the process.
      Really?

      Because his opinion differs from yours, he shouldn't say it. I'd be willing to bet that @dsg has done more for this community in a week than you have in 4 years.
    1. justinf1119's Avatar
      justinf1119 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      lol, the 5c isn't a new phone just a repackaged 5 it should have come with the A7 chip because they say it's a new iPhone, so the price they are asking is ridiculous, ple




      how do you know what I have to spend you've pissed me off by thinking that you know, also if I wanted a new iPhone I'd buy the 5s and leave the 5c well alone as the 5c is out of date.

      I love most of their products but the 5c isn't one of them
      If the kept the 5 around it would still be the same price as the 5C and they have almost equivalent internals. Either they kept the 5 and made it $99 or the 5C for $99. Your logic is none.

      And the 5 is out of date. The 5C is a new phone with slightly less powerful internals.

      Ex: just because the galaxy mega has the internals of s3 doesn't make the mega not a new phone
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      any manufacture that takes old tech repackages it and claims it's a new product, are just ripping they're customers off. The 5c is the 5 in a new skin, yes they tweaked it slightly, but not enough to warrant that price tag or to claim it's a new device. They should state it's an updated version of the 5.

      the Galaxy Mega is duel core where as the S3 is quad core, so it's not the same device.

      Edit: If they kept the 5 around, more people would buy it over the 5c because they would think there getting a better deal, due to the conception that the 5c was a budget phone(which it isn't)
    1. justinf1119's Avatar
      justinf1119 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      any manufacture that takes old tech repackages it and claims it's a new product, are just ripping they're customers off. The 5c is the 5 in a new skin, yes they tweaked it slightly, but not enough to warrant that price tag or to claim it's a new device. They should state it's an updated version of the 5.

      the Galaxy Mega is duel core where as the S3 is quad core, so it's not the same device.
      It is a new product

      Well the s3 had 2 models, one with the quad core and one with a 1.5ghz dual core.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      I disagree with you , the 5c is just a repackaged 5(with small modifications), Apple have done a great job at duping people
    1. justinf1119's Avatar
      justinf1119 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      I disagree with you , the 5c is just a repackaged 5(with small modifications), Apple have done a great job at duping people
      Ok even if it is, how is it a ripoff if it's the same thing for the same* price?
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      older tech should have a lower price tag because it's out of date.

      Edit: also it was claimed that it would be a budget phone, which it has seriously failed to be