The Nike+ Move app which has first highlighted as part of Apple’s iPhone 5S unveiling has recently hit the iOS App Store, promising to turn the handset into an all-day activity tracker. For those of you who didn’t already know, when Apple took the wraps off the iPhone 5S in September, it showed off a new chip dubbed the M7 motion coprocessor, which digests data from the phones built-in sensors by showcasing Nike’s specially made Nike+ Move app.
According to Nike, the app utilizes data from the M7 chip to “capture your every move,” turning the information into “Nike Fuel,” a unit of measurement the company uses to track daily activity levels. The Nike Fuel concept is used in a range of products including the Nike FuelBand SE wearable fitness tracker as well.
The release notes for the app state the following:
Nike+ Move offers insight into when you move, how you move and where you move - and lets you challenge your friends to see who moves more.
- Win the day by beating your NikeFuel average and watch your goal ring change from Red to Green.
- See when you are most active throughout the day and how you're doing compared to yesterday.
- Move more often and win as many hours as you can throughout the day.
- See how you moved through the day with a breakdown of running, walking, and other movement.
- See where you're moving and where you move the most each day.
- Check out how you compare against your Game Center friends or other Nike+ Move users near you.
Those of you interested in downloading the free 8.8 MB app can do so from the App Store.