• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Tim Cook Gives Apple Employees Whole Thanksgiving Week Off for Their Great Work


    Apple did a great job with the recent unveiling of the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C, and it was an ultra-successful launch. Apple CEO Tim Cook is taking notice, and thanking employees for their great work... with a little something special in return.

    Non-retail and non-AppleCare employees will have the entire Thanksgiving week to themselves as Cook notes in his message to employees. This means that on the additional dates of November 25, 26, and 27th, Apple's campus will be closing as they all take time off to spend with their families for the holiday. Retail and AppleCare employees will be able to take a similar paid vacation at a later date.

    You can read Cook's full message below:

    Originally Posted by Tim Cook:
    Team-

    It's been an exciting summer. For the first time, we've launched two new iPhone product lines. iOS 7 was created from a deep collaboration between our design and engineering teams, bringing to our customers a stunning new user interface and amazing new features. We unveiled OS X Mavericks and the most powerful Mac ever. The App Store celebrated a new milestone - 50 billion downloads. And we continued to express our love for music with iTunes Radio and the iTunes Festival.

    I had the opportunity to visit a few of our stores during the iPhone launch. There is no better place to see and feel why Apple is special. The best products on Earth. Energy. Enthusiasm. The best customers in the world. Passionate team members focused on enriching people's lives. Innovative products that serve humanity's deepest values and highest aspirations.

    And I am proud to tell you that Apple is also a force for good in our world beyond our products. Whether it's improving working conditions or the environment, standing up for human rights, helping eliminate AIDS, or reinventing education, Apple is making a substantial contribution to society.

    None of this would have been possible without you. Our most important resource is not our money, our intellectual property, or any capital asset. Our most important resource - our soul - is our people.

    I realize many of you worked tirelessly to bring us this far. I know it required great personal sacrifice.

    In recognition of your incredible efforts and achievements, I'm happy to announce that we're extending the Thanksgiving holiday this year. We will shut down with pay on November 25, 26, and 27 so our teams can have the whole week off. Retail, AppleCare and a few other teams will need to work that week so we can continue to serve our customers, but will receive the same number of days off at an alternate time. Please check with your manager for details. Our international teams will schedule the vacation days at a time that is best suited for their specific country.

    I hope you find the extra time restful and relaxing. You deserve it. Details will be available on AppleWeb soon.

    I am exceedingly proud of all of you. I am in awe of what you've accomplished and couldn't be more excited about the future. Enjoy the time away!
    It's good to see such a kind gesture from the king of the company.

    Sources: 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Tim Cook Gives Apple Employees Whole Thanksgiving Week Off for Their Great Work started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 17 Comments
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      It's nice to see a company that's grateful for the hard work that is being done to help them. Not to many companies or businesses do this these days.
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      I wonder what would've happened if the sales figures would have been negative.
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      I wonder what would've happened if the sales figures would have been negative.
      Why are you so negative all the time?
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      WOW! Now that's what I call employee appreciation. Now, MOST companies cannot afford to do this..Wonder if Coke, Pepsi, Google, Exxon etc do this?? Probably not.

      I'll tell you what happens when you don't reach quota...nobody gets bonuses or "extra" time off. Been there in a big company before. All you get is a lot of silence and stress.
    1. lilpetabread's Avatar
      lilpetabread -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      Why are you so negative all the time?
      He likes to poop in people's cereal. But I'd like to poop in his mouth.
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      Why are you so negative all the time?
      No being negative at all, I think it's an important statement. I'm sure apple was nervous about its new iPhone launch. I believe that the granted vacation had nothing to do with how hard apple employees worked.

      Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
      He likes to poop in people's cereal. But I'd like to poop in his mouth.
      Don't be a jerk fanboy, don't get your feelings hurt because someone is not praising apple all the time. I always look at both sides, we have plenty of fanboys like you in the forum, a little change in opinion is good.If ModMyi thinks I'm wrong then they should ban me ASAP.
    1. Nerd's Avatar
      Nerd -
      What about employees in china?
    1. lilpetabread's Avatar
      lilpetabread -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      No being negative at all, I think it's an important statement. I'm sure apple was nervous about its new iPhone launch. I believe that the granted vacation had nothing to do with how hard apple employees worked.



      Don't be a jerk fanboy, don't get your feelings hurt because someone is not praising apple all the time. I always look at both sides, we have plenty of fanboys like you in the forum, a little change in opinion is good.If ModMyi thinks I'm wrong then they should ban me ASAP.
      Fanboy ? Dude, for Christ's sake, be original. Not original, be sensible. I said absolutely zero pro-Apple comments. I didn't even mention Apple. I was commenting solely on your negativity.

      Do you use the word "fanboy" to describe the temperature you like your house to be set at ? Or how you like your eggs cooked ? If you don't know how to insult people, don't do it. Otherwise you'll look stupid, like you do now.

      Hopefully they do ban you. Just as you claim ModMyi (a website designed FOR Apple fanboys,) has too many fanboys, they've also got too many retards on here. Fortunately for the fanboys, they don't get banned for being fanboys. Retards on the other hand...they do.
    1. 8lias's Avatar
      8lias -
      Corporate employees would enjoy their Thanksgiving days fully but Retails would have to wait till next year take these paid days off. But a paid day off is better than no-paid-no-day-off.
    1. sub zero's Avatar
      sub zero -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
      What about employees in china?
      they need to stay at work....they have a iwatch to build
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
      Hopefully they do ban you. Just as you claim ModMyi (a website designed FOR Apple fanboys,) has too many fanboys, they've also got too many retards on here. Fortunately for the fanboys, they don't get banned for being fanboys. Retards on the other hand...they do.
      Yup. It's been confirmed, your fanboy! Seems like I hurt your feelings, oh well life sucks for you. Next.
    1. lilpetabread's Avatar
      lilpetabread -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      Yup. It's been confirmed, your fanboy! Seems like I hurt your feelings, oh well life sucks for you. Next.
      Well I'm glad you joined the fanboy family here then. Looks like we are all fanboys, including you. Because you said so.

      On a side note, I'm glad you could call me something and after I question it, you're unable to give me an answer because you know you're wrong. So sad, ma'am.
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      People please be kind to each other and stay on the topic!
    1. lilpetabread's Avatar
      lilpetabread -
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      People please be kind to each other and stay on the topic!
      I'm always nice !
    1. Sage I's Avatar
      Sage I -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
      What about employees in china?
      No holiday pay or time off, just super long shifts for low pay... Just my opinion of course, I don't really know...

      On topic, I think that's really cool that some Apple employees get the whole thanksgiving week off... Not too many businesses, corporations, employers etc. can or would do that... It's essential to treat your employees well as it's the right thing to do, as it makes employees enjoy their job more and in turn makes employees feel appreciated, thus more productive and passionate...

      Oh yeah and one last thing: Is being a fanboy a bad thing?
      I love iDevices and this site, I try to be positive and supportive of Apple because I really like their products... At times I would like for them to throw us a bone here and there (quick reply?) and might not agree with some of their choices or business practices, I do respect Apple and support them as a company... Ever since iTunes and the iPod first came out I was an "Apple fanboy. " Throw in the iPhone, iPad, App Store and Apple TV and I really am a fanboy... I don't mind though, hopefully y'all don't...
    1. Perceptum's Avatar
      Perceptum -
      Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
      they need to stay at work....they have a iwatch to build
    1. br8thw8's Avatar
      br8thw8 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
      No holiday pay or time off, just super long shifts for low pay... Just my opinion of course, I don't really know...

      On topic, I think that's really cool that some Apple employees get the whole thanksgiving week off... Not too many businesses, corporations, employers etc. can or would do that... It's essential to treat your employees well as it's the right thing to do, as it makes employees enjoy their job more and in turn makes employees feel appreciated, thus more productive and passionate...

      Oh yeah and one last thing: Is being a fanboy a bad thing?
      I love iDevices and this site, I try to be positive and supportive of Apple because I really like their products... At times I would like for them to throw us a bone here and there (quick reply?) and might not agree with some of their choices or business practices, I do respect Apple and support them as a company... Ever since iTunes and the iPod first came out I was an "Apple fanboy. " Throw in the iPhone, iPad, App Store and Apple TV and I really am a fanboy... I don't mind though, hopefully y'all don't...
      Personally I love being a fanboy!