Virgin Mobile has updated its website to herald the forthcoming launch of Apple's iPhone 5S and 5C on its network.
Beginning October 1st, the prominent prepaid wireless carrier will begin carrying both devices. For now, the carrier is yet to announce pricing, although little is expected to change from the previous model's launch. Last time, the iPhone 5 retailed for $550 off contract.
As MMi reported earlier this week, a number regional wireless carriers will start offering coverage of the new Apple iPhones beginning next Tuesday as well. The carriers and their markets include:
- Bluegrass Cellular: Kentucky
- Cellcom: Michigan and Wisconsin
- C Spire Wireless: Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Georgia
- Strata: Utah
- MTA: Alaska
- GCI: Alaska
- Appalachian Wireless: Kentucky and Virginia
- Ntelos: Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina
- Nex:Tech Wireless: Kansas and Colorado
In the coming weeks, more carriers are expected to announce plans to cover the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C.
Source: Virgin Mobile