In less than one week, Apple's new iPhones will launch on a number of regional carriers in the United States, ending the major-carrier exclusivity the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C has enjoyed since last Friday.
Beginning October 1st, a handful of regional wireless carriers will offer coverage of the new iPhones. The carriers include:
- Bluegrass Cellular: Kentucky
- Cellcom: Michigan and Wisconsin
- C Spire Wireless: Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Georgia
- Strata: Utah
- MTA: Alaska
- GCI: Alaska
- Appalachian Wireless: Kentucky and Virginia
- Ntelos: Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina
- Nex:Tech Wireless: Kansas and Colorado
Not surprisingly, some of these smaller carriers are offering the new iPhones at a discount with a new or extended contract.
More carriers are expected to come into the picture and offer the iPhone 5S and 5C in the coming weeks and months.