• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Photos from iPhone 5S Lines around the World

    Lines at the French flagship #Apple Store located near the Opera Garnier - @Performat
    We've been getting a lot of feedback from users waiting in line all night, or who've just picked up their iPhone 5S! Here's some photos from around the country and the world of various lines.

    If you were in line for the 5S, comment here with a photo or hit us up on Twitter / Facebook!


    #portland #OR like 10 ppl in front of me m 7 ppl behind me - @ashes2012

    @bakyelli: #madness #iphone5s #iphone5c #lines #soho #applestore #nyc @ Apple Store @bakyelli

    I am 5th at the Mall of America location in Minneapolis! Pretty excited but have a lot of time to kill now.. - @Finnerr

    Miami, FL - @javier710

    Arrived at #InternationalPlaza in @cityoftampa at 11PM. Number 31 in line. #Tampa #iPhone5S 1 more photo. - @KyleMatthews

    Garden State Plaza Paramus NJ - @MikesiOSHelp

    second in line in Vancouver wa - @WoolyMicah
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Photos from iPhone 5S Lines around the World started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
    1. Tperry's Avatar
      Tperry -
      Went to my local Verizon corporate store at 7:30am. Second person there. By 8am (when they opened today) there were 23 behind me. After 9 minutes walked out the door with a space gray 64GB. No "gold" ones and only 6 white 2 each of 16/32/64GB at store. The gray looks nice.
    1. TheOrioles33's Avatar
      TheOrioles33 -
      I dont get it. People still line up for this. Cant wait to see the new Samsung commercials.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
      I dont get it. People still line up for this. Cant wait to see the new Samsung commercials.
      Apple has a 'cult' following. Always has - always will. They make the consistently best products on the market. Period.
    1. lillewis51's Avatar
      lillewis51 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Apple has a 'cult' following. Always has - always will. They make the consistently best products on the market. Period.
      "Best product" Is a relative term. Apple definitely makes a one of if not the highest quality products but best product isn't how I would describe it. For example durability wise the iPhone has a strong screen but it still breaks and it can easily get water damage. Now compare that to the s4 which is everything proof, the iPhone is no longer the best product in terms of durability. Don't get me wrong I stood in line for 30min and got me a 5s cus I love iOS and how simple apple makes everything. But if I was breaking my phone every 2 months I would probably have an s4.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
      "Best product" Is a relative term. Apple definitely makes a one of if not the highest quality products but best product isn't how I would describe it. For example durability wise the iPhone has a strong screen but it still breaks and it can easily get water damage. Now compare that to the s4 which is everything proof, the iPhone is no longer the best product in terms of durability. Don't get me wrong I stood in line for 30min and got me a 5s cus I love iOS and how simple apple makes everything. But if I was breaking my phone every 2 months I would probably have an s4.
      C'mon. That's what CASES are for. I drop my phone "regularly". Never a scratch or breakage from iPhone Original.
    1. trevorrawson's Avatar
      trevorrawson -
      Hey iOS 7.0.1 is out. Not sure if you want to warn people not to update but I plugged my new iPhone 5s in and it asked if I wanted to update

      I know this isn't the place to post this but if someone would be nice enough to let me know what forum news like this would go I'd be very appreciative. Thanks!
    1. The_Rickys's Avatar
      The_Rickys -
      I though ios 7.0.1 was only for he 5S and the 5C. Are you saying you bough one of those devices and you got an update???

      Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
      Hey iOS 7.0.1 is out. Not sure if you want to warn people not to update but I plugged my new iPhone 5s in and it asked if I wanted to update

      I know this isn't the place to post this but if someone would be nice enough to let me know what forum news like this would go I'd be very appreciative. Thanks!
    1. petrusk's Avatar
      petrusk -
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Rickys View Post
      I though ios 7.0.1 was only for he 5S and the 5C. Are you saying you bough one of those devices and you got an update???
      Read carefully, he's saying that the update is available on his 5s. I think you read it as 5.
    1. robby65's Avatar
      robby65 -
      T mobile store on Richmond Ave Staten Island N.Y. is empty,and they have 5s in all three colors 16, 32gb.
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
      I dont get it. People still line up for this. Cant wait to see the new Samsung commercials.
      Samsung execs dream of this kind of attention for their phone launches. And if people did you would just say it's justified for a good product. Fandroids are all about choice, except for when it's a choice for Apple.

      ordered at 3am, but decided to drop by my Verizon store before work just to see what they had. Only had 2, but didn't bother telling everyone in line while they took a half hour to sell the first 2. I hate it when sales people pull crap like that. Why can't just just say "hey, we're sold out now, but you can stay and we'll order one for you" No they have to make everyone wait like jackasses. If they think I'd buy something from them after pulling that, they're crazy.
    1. Evaded's Avatar
      Evaded -
      I went to Walmart at 8:30 this morning. I was the second person in line. They opened at 9 and I was out by 9:30.

      All carriers and Apple have to charge tax on the full retail price of the phones in California, Walmart has a way around it and it saved me $120 in tax on 2 phones
    1. Donnutt's Avatar
      Donnutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      ordered at 3am, but decided to drop by my Verizon store before work just to see what they had. Only had 2, but didn't bother telling everyone in line while they took a half hour to sell the first 2. I hate it when sales people pull crap like that. Why can't just just say "hey, we're sold out now, but you can stay and we'll order one for you" No they have to make everyone wait like jackasses. If they think I'd buy something from them after pulling that, they're crazy.
      Me too. I haven't bought anything from AT&T since the iPhone 4. I just don't like the stores, or the way their salespeople do business. I just order through apple, and activate it myself when it comes. No AT&T rep needed.
    1. GuiltyGearIsaac's Avatar
      GuiltyGearIsaac -
      I walked in and there was no line cause everyone wanted a white iPhone not space gray. Their lost.
    1. AKCHRIS's Avatar
      AKCHRIS -
      TBH Beyond the fingerprint scanner, i don't see the reason to upgrade, I Mean the average person isn't going to notice the speed difference between the i5 & i5S since the i5C is irrelevant for the fact that it's just a 5 in Plastic. I'll just wait for the iPhone7 next year & yes i said 7 because for all indented purposes this IS the 6.
    1. ridingsupreme's Avatar
      ridingsupreme -
      Quote Originally Posted by Evaded View Post
      I went to Walmart at 8:30 this morning. I was the second person in line. They opened at 9 and I was out by 9:30.

      All carriers and Apple have to charge tax on the full retail price of the phones in California, Walmart has a way around it and it saved me $120 in tax on 2 phones
      I would never even buy a pack of gum at Walmart because I don't support poverty. What a surprise that they have a way "around" taxes...
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by Evaded View Post
      I went to Walmart at 8:30 this morning. I was the second person in line. They opened at 9 and I was out by 9:30.

      All carriers and Apple have to charge tax on the full retail price of the phones in California, Walmart has a way around it and it saved me $120 in tax on 2 phones
      Did they make you activate the phones then and there? I plan on buying a 32gb iPhone 5S Space Gray full retail. I'm assuming to activate it, I just pop in my iPhone 5 micro SIM card into the new iPhone.
    1. Evaded's Avatar
      Evaded -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      Did they make you activate the phones then and there? I plan on buying a 32gb iPhone 5S Space Gray full retail. I'm assuming to activate it, I just pop in my iPhone 5 micro SIM card into the new iPhone.
      I was going from a 4S to the 5S so I needed a new SIM anyways. I didn't mind either way, so they did activate both of them in store.
    1. Magnum's Avatar
      Magnum -
      There was about 12 people in line for 8am open at best buy here in Green Bay. Only had 32GB black models
    1. Cardiac's Avatar
      Cardiac -
      I was the only person at the AT&T store I went to. No body showed to buy one until I was walking out.
    1. starkall's Avatar
      starkall -
      If you have a 5 and waste an upgrade on the 5s I can't believe it.