• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple's Competitors Work Hard to Take Jabs at Recently Announced iPhone Offerings


    Apple wasn’t the only company working hard to impress consumers this morning. It seems that just about every big smartphone company was coming up with snarky new ways to take a jab at Apple’s recently announced offerings. Below you’ll find some of the more humorous cracks from companies that were wishing they had as much success with their featured smartphones as Apple did with the iPhone. One thing to note before reading onward is that you’ll notice Samsung isn’t included in the list below, this is because Apple’s most outspoken and critical rival has chosen to remain mute during today’s events.

    Windows Phone

    8 megapixels is still just 8 megapixels. See what you can do with 41: See zoom reinvented on the Nokia Lumia 1020 - ThingLink #timetoswitch to #WindowsPhone
    Screen sizes, speed, and stunning snapshots. Those are our 5 S’s. See why it’s #timetoswitch to #WindowsPhone Nokia Lumia 1020 | Windows Phone (United States)
    Motorola Mobility

    Remember that one time you were stoked to give your fingerprints? Us either. #LazyPhone Moto X "Lazy Phone" Ad -- Touchless Control - YouTube
    Nokia UK

    Thanks, #Apple pic.twitter.com/x4w3r8Ghcy
    "Real gangsters don't use gold phones." pic.twitter.com/yurtFf3TML
    HTC

    Make the #TimeToChange: Make the Switch to HTC pic.twitter.com/vND7ppza9d
    Do you think Apple’s competitors are right about Apple’s latest offerings? Share your thoughts and opinions below!

    Source: Twitter (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's Competitors Work Hard to Take Jabs at Recently Announced iPhone Offerings started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 62 Comments
    1. dsjarvis's Avatar
      dsjarvis -
      I'd like to know why at today's exchange rate the iPhone 5C is $549 US which converts to $590 AU..yet it's selling for $739
    1. sane's Avatar
      sane -
      Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
      I'm not being a blind android fan, I still have an ipad 2 and im typing on a retina macbook pro...

      While you can accomplish many of the same things on either device, android has a lot more quantifiable benefits than ios. Things like using micro sd cards, an open os so you can make modifications on the fly and not rely on a jailbreak, the ability to change basically anything on a whim (like keyboard, themes, autocorrect types or even your personal dictionary). iOS has its perks too, but from someone who uses both daily, its easy to tell why android is a better OS, at least from a power user standpoint.
      So which phone do you have that you don't have to root to modify the OS?
    1. The6uest's Avatar
      The6uest -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      Other than may get a phone that was built poorly (yeah right). What are you guys doing to these home buttons? I've never had a problem ever.
      Yeah, I've had every iPhone since the 3G and never had the home button break. All you gotta do is lightly push it until it 'clicks'.. no need to mash it.

      As for the iPhone 5S, I think the fingerprint scanner is a nice feature because I rarely use a pass lock, but I would use TouchID. The new M7 chip that keeps track of motion sounds good too because I've been trying to exercise more lately and the new app features this will allow should be cool.
    1. REMED1AL's Avatar
      REMED1AL -
      Everyone who is complaining about the new iPhone... what do you want it to have?

      A bigger screen?
      A bigger screen is a personal preference not a "game changing" upgrade. I'll likely get a bigger screen next year as long as it's not clown shoe big like most of the Androids I see anymore. It's a phone not a pocket big screen.

      NFC?
      As very few stores have this tech for payments and "bumping" pictures back and forth makes very little sense when compared to Airdrop this is a dead in the water. Airdrop will likely be a payment system later as well making NFC a neat idea but poorly executed with very little real world value.

      It's not open sourced?
      Jailbreaking is not hard thanks to the awesome teams we have to help us out. After that we pretty much get access to do whatever we want if we choose to do so. Everyone talks as though the average buyer needs to have these features that we get after jailbreaking. The fact is they don't need them and don't care to have them.

      What has Apple brought to the table?
      The new 64-bit architecture may not hold a lot of weight now but is likely more of a test run for future growth. Most iPhone's gets released with fewer capabilities then they have by the end of their production. When Apple build their phone their hardware has always been more capable then the current software leaving room to grow.

      iOS 7 is great. All iPhone's have been easy to use yet highly capable and iOS 7 adds to this is some great ways.

      iPhone 5C isn't meant to be mind blowing. It simply allows them to essentially continue selling an older iPhone each year but make sure the hardware is updated where needed. They dropped the iPhone 5 now and will soon only sell 5C & 5S. This protects their hardware from being outdated compared to software which is a win for the consumer and for Apple.

      Anyone who bought the iPhone 4 last week has a new phone that is actually quite old. Although they aren't likely the people who care to have the latest tech they will be absent many new features. This new product model will prevent that type of consumer loss. Many of these features also represent additional revenue for Apple so limiting who has access limits profit. Again, this new product model prevents that too.

      If after all this you still think that bigger screen is innovation please go to Android and delete you account here.
    1. Donnutt's Avatar
      Donnutt -
      ^^ Well said. Apple has not become wildly successful by pandering to consumers every whim. And they won't! I am sure they will still sell out of every iPhone they have within hours if not minutes of the launch.
    1. wolverinemarky's Avatar
      wolverinemarky -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rosszx10r View Post
      I agree finger print idea great but how many of us have broken the home button? how much will this cost to repair? should have been put under the screen or something.... very poor apple
      home button is covered with sapphire crystal if u can break this your special LOL
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rosszx10r View Post
      I agree finger print idea great but how many of us have broken the home button? how much will this cost to repair? should have been put under the screen or something.... very poor apple
      The home button is still just a mechanical button under there.
    1. offroad1994's Avatar
      offroad1994 -
      I need a 4G-LTE smartphone with 5ghz wifi. Need bulletproof software. Apple fits the bill with iPhone 5c or 5s.

      If Samsung does he same sure. But android gets virus issues, per rumor. True or hype?
    1. Nuff Said's Avatar
      Nuff Said -
      Quote Originally Posted by REMED1AL View Post
      Everyone who is complaining about the new iPhone... what do you want it to have?

      A bigger screen?
      A bigger screen is a personal preference not a "game changing" upgrade. I'll likely get a bigger screen next year as long as it's not clown shoe big like most of the Androids I see anymore. It's a phone not a pocket big screen.

      NFC?
      As very few stores have this tech for payments and "bumping" pictures back and forth makes very little sense when compared to Airdrop this is a dead in the water. Airdrop will likely be a payment system later as well making NFC a neat idea but poorly executed with very little real world value.

      It's not open sourced?
      Jailbreaking is not hard thanks to the awesome teams we have to help us out. After that we pretty much get access to do whatever we want if we choose to do so. Everyone talks as though the average buyer needs to have these features that we get after jailbreaking. The fact is they don't need them and don't care to have them.

      What has Apple brought to the table?
      The new 64-bit architecture may not hold a lot of weight now but is likely more of a test run for future growth. Most iPhone's gets released with fewer capabilities then they have by the end of their production. When Apple build their phone their hardware has always been more capable then the current software leaving room to grow.

      iOS 7 is great. All iPhone's have been easy to use yet highly capable and iOS 7 adds to this is some great ways.

      iPhone 5C isn't meant to be mind blowing. It simply allows them to essentially continue selling an older iPhone each year but make sure the hardware is updated where needed. They dropped the iPhone 5 now and will soon only sell 5C & 5S. This protects their hardware from being outdated compared to software which is a win for the consumer and for Apple.

      Anyone who bought the iPhone 4 last week has a new phone that is actually quite old. Although they aren't likely the people who care to have the latest tech they will be absent many new features. This new product model will prevent that type of consumer loss. Many of these features also represent additional revenue for Apple so limiting who has access limits profit. Again, this new product model prevents that too.

      If after all this you still think that bigger screen is innovation please go to Android and delete you account here.
      I would really like the ability to talk and use data at the same time like my wife's old razr phone can do.
    1. silentassassin12's Avatar
      silentassassin12 -
      Dear people that say what else could you possibly want your phone to do:

      We want to theme and make it different from every other iphone user even though we have the same phone. Jailbreaking is not a fix as there are months before a jailbreak is released sometimes or never(ATV3). That and it slows down my phone every time.

      We want to be able to add widgets to the lockscreen and home page.

      We want to be able to use 2 apps at once without having to close our current app(mostly for texting purposes)

      We want dictation and siri to actually understand what we're saying. My car and macbook air has no trouble but my ip5 is horrendous at getting words right.

      We want to be able to quick reply.

      We dont want to rely on a jailbreak as I mentioned earlier.

      We want better battery life.(not that easy to do but still)

      We want a button that closes all apps so we dont have to waste time closing every one in multitasking

      idk about most people but I would like an iphone that doesnt scratch so easily so I no longer need to hide it with a case

      these are simple things that would please a lot of people. I havent used ios7 so idk if any of these are fixed but this is what most people would want to have for their iphone.

      64 bit means nothing to me and a million other people. finger print scanner is cool but it has to actually work right. I have no problems with the design because i like it slim and not fat like big droid phones(small hands).
    1. laju8's Avatar
      laju8 -
      Duquesa, i agree with u 100 and ten percent! Not to offer different screen sizes is unreasonable for apple to do to us. I really believe that they are just simply lazy and dont care to fulfill needs of some of their customers, i love ios devices but im frustrated as hell!
    1. offroad1994's Avatar
      offroad1994 -
      Nuff Said - use AT&T or wifi for data and voice combined. Been around for five years as solution.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by laju8 View Post
      Duquesa, i agree with u 100 and ten percent! Not to offer different screen sizes is unreasonable for apple to do to us. I really believe that they are just simply lazy and dont care to fulfill needs of some of their customers, i love ios devices but im frustrated as hell!
      It is not unreasonable... not having all those different screen sizes means it is easier for developers to create apps that work. There are essentially only 6 screen sizes (including retina and non retina) for iOS devices... I can't even begin to count the number of screen size and resolution combos out there for other mobile devices. Apple has made it clear that they are not going to produce 30 different phones all with a different screen size or resolution. It is smart on their part as they save a ton of money in production and development. Developers love it too.

      You have to remember that Apple's philosophy is to provide the SAME great user experience for all.
    1. ahayes's Avatar
      ahayes -
      It's absolutely hilarious to read the comments from both the Apple Fan-boys and the Apple Haters. Fan-Boys act like Apple can do no wrong. Which in fact is actually irrelevant in the discussion of a phone. Apple's biggest problems lie in its greatest strengths; A history of Innovation and Incredible Customer Loyalty. How much can today's mobile device be improved? It already has become the go to camera for more than 60% of the people on the planet. Both the iPhone and the G4 are in many instances more convenient than an actual computer and depending on what service you use calls are perfect. But unless Apple makes a paper thin, unbreakable, hack proof, phone that can basically balance your checkbook, do the dishes, and possibly "milk the worm", most Fan-Boys will feel like they've been cheated. On the other side of the aisle you have the Haters that would like for everyone to believe that the G$ is light years ahead of the iPhone when in FACT it absolutely is not. Both phones do just about the same damn thing. Are the processes different? Absolutely. At the end of the day they both make and receive calls.
    1. trevorrawson's Avatar
      trevorrawson -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
      I would really like the ability to talk and use data at the same time like my wife's old razr phone can do.
      I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious? The iPhone can talk and use data at the same time. I've been doing this ever since the original 3G. That has everything to do with your carrier and nothing to do with Apple. It is the only reason I am still with AT&T.
    1. politicalslug's Avatar
      politicalslug -
      I've been using iOS 7 since beta 5 and it's like having a brand new iPhone 5. The change is so positive and so profound that the upgrade to 5S will no doubt seem lackluster in comparison, but to be honest just about any hardware upgrade will pale in comparison to a massive OS revision. The feature I'm most excited about, and the one no one seems to be talking about, is the slow-mo camera. I was hoping they would include 120fps 1080p, but I'll settle for 720p. I'm a little concerned that Samsung's new device (note 3) packs 4K 30fps video recording, but if the video recording is anything like the 1080p on their other devices I suppose I'm not missing out on much. This slow-mo feature will be huge!

      Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
      I'm not being a blind android fan, I still have an ipad 2 and im typing on a retina macbook pro...

      While you can accomplish many of the same things on either device, android has a lot more quantifiable benefits than ios. Things like using micro sd cards, an open os so you can make modifications on the fly and not rely on a jailbreak, the ability to change basically anything on a whim (like keyboard, themes, autocorrect types or even your personal dictionary). iOS has its perks too, but from someone who uses both daily, its easy to tell why android is a better OS, at least from a power user standpoint.
      LMAO. The Power User standpoint? Those features from Samsung you love so much are given at the cost of being unable to uninstall any bloatware (carrier or manufacturer) that slows your device down and kills the battery. There really isn't much you can do without rooting, the jailbreak equivalent. The open source software aspect doesn't mean much as an end user since licensing isn't your concern (but you guys hear open and think happy thoughts, no?). If you want a decent Android experience you either need a nexus or a fully modded ROM giving you a bloat free experience. Yeah, I spent a week on a Galaxy S4... a week trying to delete all the services running in the background giving my friend's new phone a 4 hour battery life. This isn't a PC and specs don't mean much on a device that you just want to work well. My favorite android gripe however, and this is the doozy, is the claim of better specs coupled with how iPhone users only play games. Aside from benchmarks, games are the only means to utilize those better specs, yet optimization always wins out and iOS devices with far lesser specs outperform Android flagships.
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
      I would really like the ability to talk and use data at the same time like my wife's old razr phone can do.
      Isn't that an AT&T thing and not an iPhone thing?
    1. duquesa's Avatar
      duquesa -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      It is not unreasonable... not having all those different screen sizes means it is easier for developers to create apps that work. There are essentially only 6 screen sizes (including retina and non retina) for iOS devices... I can't even begin to count the number of screen size and resolution combos out there for other mobile devices. Apple has made it clear that they are not going to produce 30 different phones all with a different screen size or resolution. It is smart on their part as they save a ton of money in production and development. Developers love it too.

      You have to remember that Apple's philosophy is to provide the SAME great user experience for all.
      Android apps work just fine on screens of 4, 4.7, 5, 5.5 and 6 inch phones those same apps also play just fine on 7, 8 and 10 inch tablets.

      A lot of people are happy with the iPhone size but at lot like me aren't and added together that's a hell of a lot of customers moving from ios to android who may never come back?

      PS, apples share price tumbled again today due mainly to the high price of the 5c
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by duquesa View Post
      Android apps work just fine on screens of 4, 4.7, 5, 5.5 and 6 inch phones those same apps also play just fine on 7, 8 and 10 inch tablets.

      A lot of people are happy with the iPhone size but at lot like me aren't and added together that's a hell of a lot of customers moving from ios to android who may never come back?

      PS, apples share price tumbled again today due mainly to the high price of the 5c
      I'd much rather have nice apps designed for my screen size rather than apps that just scale.

      The 5C can compete with many flagship phones, I didn't expect it to be cheap. Apples white MacBook was $1000 base price and that was the "cheap" one.
    1. Donnutt's Avatar
      Donnutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by duquesa View Post
      Android apps work just fine on screens of 4, 4.7, 5, 5.5 and 6 inch phones those same apps also play just fine on 7, 8 and 10 inch tablets.

      A lot of people are happy with the iPhone size but at lot like me aren't and added together that's a hell of a lot of customers moving from ios to android who may never come back?

      PS, apples share price tumbled again today due mainly to the high price of the 5c
      Face it, the people who want a smaller screen are a small minority. I and many others are happy with 4" and will still buy the next iPhone.