• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Flash video comes to the iPhone via Skyfire



    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGai5Nf9BwU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGai5Nf9BwU[/ame]


    You heard it correctly. After two months in the approval process Apple has finally pushed through Skyfire 2.0. This is a Safari overlay that adds in a ton of extra functionality including the ability to transcode Flash video on a remote server and stream it back to your iPhone in HTML5. The demo video above shows a lot of clever Facebook integration and expanded searches. Not ALL of the internet's Flash video will be available such as Hulu which is already actively blocking Skyfire. The app is scheduled to be released by Friday and will cost $2.99 from the App Store.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Flash video comes to the iPhone via Skyfire started by Poseidon79 View original post
    Comments 78 Comments
    1. Aldog18's Avatar
      Aldog18 -
      Mehhhhhhhhhhhh I see no point for flash on the iPhone. If you want to play flash games/video just do it on a computer.
    1. raduga's Avatar
      raduga -
      Quote Originally Posted by Daps View Post
      Petty much why when I was deciding on Netflix or Hulu Plus I went with Netflix
      pretty much why when I was deciding on Netflix or Hulu Plus I went with best site for movie downloads
    1. AqrsKnight*'s Avatar
      AqrsKnight* -
      Got frash to work so I don't see the point of this app.
    1. palckofv's Avatar
      palckofv -
      Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
      @palckofv awesome website!!! Thanks.
      I wasn't aware that not many people knew about it..I think I'll make a post in the forums. Glad you like. It is pretty cool. It's starting to replace most sites on my desktop for watching vids too
    1. Aldog18's Avatar
      Aldog18 -
      ^^ yeah thanks for that link! Watched star wars on ipod. Good stuff
    1. Cer0's Avatar
      Cer0 -
      Link was removed. Please do not repost it. It supports piracy which is not allowed on MMi.
    1. loggio's Avatar
      loggio -
      WTF is this crap?

      JUST BRING US PROPER FLASH APPLE (GOD) you make a company go through all that SH$T to put their app on your store just to put flash in safari... It's hardly a solution... More like a fu%k'n joke that people should have to download a friggen app.


      Just offer a plugin for safari like a normal company. It's the industry standard in PRESENT TIME ... NOT HTML5 ... Use it.

      this is a cheap shot and craptastic.

      might work well, but not practical.
    1. Tyronal's Avatar
      Tyronal -
      Quote Originally Posted by loggio View Post
      WTF is this crap?

      JUST BRING US PROPER FLASH APPLE (GOD) you make a company go through all that SH to put their app on your store just to put flash in safari... It's hardly a solution... More like a fu%k'n joke that people should have to download a friggen app.


      Just offer a plugin for safari like a normal company. It's the industry standard in PRESENT TIME ... NOT HTML5 ... Use it.

      this is a cheap shot and craptastic.

      might work well, but not practical.
      Do us a favour and get something else instead of b!tchin about Apple when you have a choice of junk with flash on it. Flash is crap, buggy and OLD technology and won't EVER be on iOS devices (thank GOD). Get over it whiny little girl. FLASH SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!! GET OVER IT AND GET YOURSELF ANOTHER PHONE. REAL people don't want flash to brick their phones, only whiny little girls who jerk off to flash games. Get a life.
    1. jasvncnt10's Avatar
      jasvncnt10 -
      Can someone PM me that link please
    1. z3r01's Avatar
      z3r01 -
      sure here is the link Skyfire 2.0 for iPhone | Skyfire
    1. jasvncnt10's Avatar
      jasvncnt10 -
      ^^ Thats the link that keeps getting removed from this thread?
    1. coolguy742's Avatar
      coolguy742 -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      Sounds cool, cant wait! WE NEED FLASH ON THIS PHONE!! Long overdue!
      Pretty cool and useful, but I have to point out that it is NOT technically Flash it just sends the .FLV video to a remote server that converts it into HTML5 and sends it back to your iPod so you can watch it.

      Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
      Do us a favour and get something else instead of b!tchin about Apple when you have a choice of junk with flash on it. Flash is crap, buggy and OLD technology and won't EVER be on iOS devices (thank GOD). Get over it whiny little girl. FLASH SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!! GET OVER IT AND GET YOURSELF ANOTHER PHONE. REAL people don't want flash to brick their phones, only whiny little girls who jerk off to flash games. Get a life.
      thats kind of an evil thing to say, Flash is by no means a buggy or OLD technology. I use it on a day to day basis. I throughly enjoy Flash, it is easy to program, almost all computers can utilize it, whereas HTML5 I have yet to see a comprehensive program to write it. And in case you don't get it, I use Adobe Flash CS4 all the time.
    1. raduga's Avatar
      raduga -
      Quote Originally Posted by palckofv View Post
      I wasn't aware that not many people knew about it..I think I'll make a post in the forums. Glad you like. It is pretty cool. It's starting to replace most sites on my desktop for watching vids too
      Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
      @palckofv awesome website!!! Thanks.
      Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
      ^^ Thats the link that keeps getting removed from this thread?
      Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
      Can someone PM me that link please
      This will not end well.



      Or if that's too subtle, try downloading from here.
    1. swifty7's Avatar
      swifty7 -
      hmmm!!! interesting!
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
      This will not end well.



      Or if that's too subtle, try downloading from here.
      LOL thanks for the link
    1. mortopher's Avatar
      mortopher -
      Quote Originally Posted by donkeykongking View Post
      so minuswell make the most of what i have haha
      Minuswell?!?! Seriously?


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. DoYouLikeLuxury?'s Avatar
      DoYouLikeLuxury? -
      Looks like its already out.

      Edit: Wait, did everyone know that already? I didn't really read the thread.

      Edit 2: Oh, awesome.
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Yep its out
    1. 8715000's Avatar
      8715000 -
      Already in appstore