• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Confirms Sept. 10th Media Event


    It's official.

    Apple confirmed this morning that it will indeed hold a widely anticipated media event next Tuesday, September 10th. Apple is expected to unveil something colorful, per the media invite's appearance.

    The next-generation iPhone is expected to be officially unveiled on that occasion, nearly one year to the date of Apple's iPhone 5 introduction. All but confirming the diverse color assortment of the new iPhones, Apple's invite reads: "This should brighten everyone's day."

    Also rumored to debut is the low-cost, entry-level iPhone 5C.

    So in the coming days, be ready for a golden master of iOS 7, which should reach developers a few days after next week's media event.

    While Apple is yet to confirm the official launch date of the new iPhone(s), it's a safe bet that the device will reach consumers on or before September 28th.

    Stick with MMi next Tuesday for the big reveal and all the juicy details as they emerge from the hottest event in mobile.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Confirms Sept. 10th Media Event started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 62 Comments
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      So, another theory is that the 5C will replace the 4S. Pricing as follows:
      ip5C - $0
      ip5 - $99
      ip5S - $200+

      This makes more sense to me than the other idea of the 5C replacing the 5.

      Therefore, the 'C' models will always be free w/ a contract while the Original and 'S' models always have an associated price.
      If the 5C replaced the 5 then the resale value of the 5 would go way up for those who want to buy an out of contract phone.
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      I just hope the 5s or whatever is gonna be have better wifi connection. My iPhone 5 sucks when it comes to that.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
      I just hope the 5s or whatever is gonna be have better wifi connection. My iPhone 5 sucks when it comes to that.
      I haven't had any Wifi issues. But would be nice if the new 5S supports the new Wifi AC standard stronger and further signal support.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      I haven't had any Wifi issues. But would be nice if the new 5S supports the new Wifi AC standard stronger and further signal support.
      I haven't had any issues either but AC support seems logical with its power efficiency compared to N chipsets. I personally won't be getting an AC router anytime soon though.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      I doubt I will, still so hung up on white phones since my first white 3Gs.
      I will check it out for sure though.
      Whtcadi?
    1. stacyth's Avatar
      stacyth -
      dumb question ,,, when will jailbreak be out for 6.14 aftre release?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by stacyth View Post
      dumb question ,,, when will jailbreak be out for 6.14 aftre release?
      Dumb answer,,, Thursday.
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Whtcadi?
      Gold is really not my thing. Not a bling type gurl.... lol

      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Dumb answer,,, Thursday.
      lmao
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      Gold is really not my thing. Not a bling type gurl.... lol
      Sorry, that's it.

      Gldcadi it s.
    1. stacyth's Avatar
      stacyth -
      woot will be eagerly waiting for thursday!cant wait to get cydia back!
    1. riassan's Avatar
      riassan -
      Good to be back and ready for this event. Lots of familiar faces still here. Holding this 4s running 5.1.1, until we see what Tuesdays event brings us apple heads. Lol
    1. EVO's Avatar
      EVO -
      I'm really excited to hear news about the iphone 5S

      *Impatiently waiting for Tuesday*
    1. shawn o's Avatar
      shawn o -
      Been holding on to my 4s for 2 years now and the wife is still on a 4. Think its time to upgrade here to a 4s becasue I have a feeling they 16gb 4s phones are going to disappear suddenly this week.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
      Been holding on to my 4s for 2 years now and the wife is still on a 4. Think its time to upgrade here to a 4s becasue I have a feeling they 16gb 4s phones are going to disappear suddenly this week.
      Get yourself a 5S and she can have your 4S...
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Get yourself a 5S and she can have your 4S...
      +1
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      I'm really excited to hear news about the iphone 5S

      *Impatiently waiting for Tuesday*
      Me too buddy, ordering a soon as I can.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      Me too buddy, ordering a soon as I can.
      +1 on that! Have a locked in offer for my iPhone5 for 420.00. Does anyone know if Apple will be live streaming again as they did for the iOS7 announcement? Wondering also if they offer a 128GB 5S if they will up the price +100 or drop the 16GB and realign the sizes with same pricing as before?
    1. EVO's Avatar
      EVO -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      +1 on that! Have a locked in offer for my iPhone5 for 420.00. Does anyone know if Apple will be live streaming again as they did for the iOS7 announcement? Wondering also if they offer a 128GB 5S if they will up the price +100 or drop the 16GB and realign the sizes with same pricing as before?
      I am down to get the 128GB!

      For some reason, I always want the "Best of the Best of the Best"......Some guy "Men in Black"
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      I am down to get the 128GB!

      For some reason, I always want the "Best of the Best of the Best"......Some guy "Men in Black"

      Ya that's my deal too! Go BIG or go home! LOL
    1. EVO's Avatar
      EVO -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      Ya that's my deal too! Go BIG or go home! LOL
      Bro, I love Johnny Tsunami!!....tragic about Lee Thompson though